Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Burnt to a Crisp

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 2:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Duff Soviet Union wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks De Goey is tracking really well? He hasn't played a great game yet, but he's been average - above average every week, which is pretty much all you can ask for in a second year player.

Yeah I think he's been below average for most of the year to date. Happy to give him time and all and yeah he's only a second year player but I thought he was due a run in the twos to find some touch.

To the OP, Crisp's first quarter set up the game for us. As (I htink it was) Culprit said, the last 3 quarters were pretty even. I'll add that the first 9 or 10 minutes of game time were fairly even too. Cats, should have had two on the board. It was just on the half way mark of the first quarter that we started our run of 5 and Crisp was in everything.

I'm hoping that this is a return to form for the lad. When he is on song he's a very damaging midfielder and one-too-may for most opposition teams to deal with.

Jeez it'd be nice to have Swanny running around....
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 5:05 pm

E wrote:
Duff Soviet Union wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks De Goey is tracking really well? He hasn't played a great game yet, but he's been average - above average every week, which is pretty much all you can ask for in a second year player.

no, I'm with you. He is going to be a gem. He is the hardest of our outside mids (i.e., other than Adams). He is the guy who I think will be able to do what Dangerfield can do (i.e., stand up in a tackle and effortlessly dispose of the ball while being mauled due to superior strength). He was really good against Geelong on limited opportunities.

I agree. Anyone questioning De Goey should go back and watch the last quarter of the Cat's game and you'll see a young kid putting his body on the line, time and time again, getting clearances, smashing packs and then kicking the 'winning' goal.
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 5:14 pm

On De Goey - he started the season extremely poorly. Not in the sense he wasn't dominating, he is a second year player afterall, but he was picking and choosing when to put in and when not to.
This came to a head about a month ago, there was a noticeable lift in intensity from the lad after half time in the Melbourne game, which IMO saved his spot for ANZAC Day. He's been a different player since.

Going to be a star that lad!

Oh, great to have Crisp in form the last couple of weeks too! Smile
As stated by others, I thought he set the game up for us in the first qtr against Geelong, I had him BoG at qtr time without looking at any stats.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: