Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Burnt to a Crisp

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 7:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

DeGoey will mature and will become a genuine A grader. Have some patience.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 8:00 pm

yin-YANG wrote:
Yeah De Goey is the one mid who has not lifted - Grundy, Greenwood and Crisp have all stepped up recently to the regular high standards set by Pendles, Sidey, Treloar and Adams…

There have been some good glimpses from DeGoey and like Moore he is just 20 this year however they are such good footballers that we probably expect a lot from them both… he will come good - have faith Smile

De Goey was second in ranking points with 16+ behind only Pendles vs Pussies. He also had 13 vs Essendon and 10 vs Melbourne. I think you are being too hard on him.

He has had quieter games around the 5 ranking points and, like most of our midfield this season, has been inconsistent. He is young as you say and consistency will come.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 8:35 pm

Great to see Crisp Run and Carry the Ball like last year.

Also takes Pressure of Treloar to do it all the time

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 8:57 pm

Adams being back in the midfield has seriously released Treloar, and possibly to a degree Crisp.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 9:01 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
I have patience but I get annoyed when he thinks he is an A Grader now. He is lucky no one can really fill his role, if they can he would be dropped IMO.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 10:27 pm

Crisp's first quarter was the best individual quarter by a Magpie this year in my opinion. DeGoey's last quarter was good, but that might be because he got his kicks on the member's side and channel seven's cameras picked him up. Once the ball goes over to the outer it's anybody's guess about what's going on or who's bloody doing it. Yes, it's my weekly whinge. Collingwood media can show us all the action in a VFL game without reverting to that idiotic wide angle shot for most of the day. Rant over.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 1:42 am

Neil Appleby wrote:
Crisp's first quarter was the best individual quarter by a Magpie this year in my opinion.

Totally agree! He was phenomenal in the first quarter with his gut running and his exquisite speed with the ball. When Crispy plays well, the whole side seems to lift so he's a vital player in our structures.

How good was that booming left-foot pass through the corridor over Geelong's zone to a lone man in Grundy who dribbled through a vital goal for us in the last quarter?

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 10:04 am

Fantastic young player what a boot from 55 a joy to watch!

www.facebook/the hybernators
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 10:26 am

3rd degree wrote:
Fantastic young player what a boot from 55 a joy to watch!

Yep and when he's on, his enthusiasm is inspiring to all.
Cats held goal less in a first quarter for the first time in almost 30 years and Crisp was the orchestrator Cool

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:44 am

Culprit wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
I have patience but I get annoyed when he thinks he is an A Grader now. He is lucky no one can really fill his role, if they can he would be dropped IMO.

I not sure he thinks he's better than he's tracking, certainly doesn't have the swagger of a player like Fasolo say when he first started. Think this kid is pretty well grounded. I think we've got Wills, Goodyear, and Phillips at a minimum who could take his spot if the coaches thought he wasn't performing to a satisfactory level and as we've seen they're not shy about making the tough calls.
King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 1:19 pm

I think De Goey's been tracking all right, especially the last few weeks. He was a bit quiet early days but I personally put some of that down to the dynamic of the midfield changing a fair bit; Levi missed a large chunk of last year and is now back in the mix and Treloar has come in and immediately been just about the best of the bunch.

Adams going down to half-back has probably helped De Goey here a little bit but he's definitely improving as we go.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 2:01 pm

King Malta wrote:
I think De Goey's been tracking all right, especially the last few weeks. He was a bit quiet early days but I personally put some of that down to the dynamic of the midfield changing a fair bit; Levi missed a large chunk of last year and is now back in the mix and Treloar has come in and immediately been just about the best of the bunch.

Adams going down to half-back has probably helped De Goey here a little bit but he's definitely improving as we go.

I remember reading somewhere that De Goey had some knee problems earlier in the year - in fact someone posted that he was getting fluid drained from his knee after each game. Not sure how true this was, but it would certainly help to explain his quiet start to the season, after looking to be in exquisite touch in the NAB pre-season games. I reckon that next year he will become an A grade midfielder for us. As he bulks up a little more he will be a monster.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 2:22 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
King Malta wrote:

I remember reading somewhere that De Goey had some knee problems earlier in the year - in fact someone posted that he was getting fluid drained from his knee after each game. Not sure how true this was, but it would certainly help to explain his quiet start to the season, after looking to be in exquisite touch in the NAB pre-season games. I reckon that next year he will become an A grade midfielder for us. As he bulks up a little more he will be a monster.

Agree, kid is doing very nicely.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 1:20 am

Jezza wrote:
How good was that booming left-foot pass through the corridor over Geelong's zone to a lone man in Grundy who dribbled through a vital goal for us in the last quarter?

I'm quoting myself but here's the goal I'm talking about which was set up by a beautiful pass by Crisp Smile

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2016-05-21/grundy-turns-the-momentum

E 

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 3:35 am

Duff Soviet Union wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks De Goey is tracking really well? He hasn't played a great game yet, but he's been average - above average every week, which is pretty much all you can ask for in a second year player.

no, I'm with you. He is going to be a gem. He is the hardest of our outside mids (i.e., other than Adams). He is the guy who I think will be able to do what Dangerfield can do (i.e., stand up in a tackle and effortlessly dispose of the ball while being mauled due to superior strength). He was really good against Geelong on limited opportunities.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: