Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Burnt to a Crisp

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 10:10 am
Post subject: Burnt to a CrispReply with quote

That game yesterday was won in the first quarter, and it was Jack Crisp who inflicted much of the damage. We kicked 7 goals and, as far as i could tell, he was the delivery man for five of them, including the raking goal he kicked himself. I think they said he amassed 13 possessions in that quarter, several of which were clearances. That must be one of the finest, match-breaking quarters of football by a Collingwood player for a long time.

It would not have worked without the whole side's pressure, but the steak knives were planted well and truly in the Cats' backs. If he can produce something like that most weeks then that midfield becomes infinitely harder to handle, and his rising - after a disappointing season opening - is one of the reasons for the turnaround of the last few weeks. Well done, young man.

Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 10:30 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Think you maybe right there
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 11:27 am

Crisp certainly played a major role in that first quarter that gave us the opportunity to win the entire game. You certainly do not fluke a win against a team of the calibre of the Cats.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 11:38 am

Crisp was brilliant yesterday and did a lot of grunt work.In and under as well as breaking the lines.So did Levi.Both players have been much maligned here recently and now the team is settling a bit well begin to see what these players were brought to Collingwood for. Just like Jesse White and Jeremy Howe.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:02 pm

He was burning it up alright… superb effort that highlighted his huge potential - it was great to watch Smile
leonmagic Pisces

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:14 pm

so great seeing jack get his form back - he is one of our most damaging players (i'd almost go as far to say he IS our most damaging player) when he's playing at his best. incredible pace, elite passing skills inside 50 and rarely misses his chances on the run at goal. absolute gem of a footballer when he's up and about.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:16 pm

I called it early in the game thread. Crisp back to his best, needs to get into Degoey and show him the way.
leonmagic Pisces

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:18 pm

spot on culprit, nothing much seems to have been said on here about it but jesus - de goey is incredibly out of touch. his first touch is awful and his kicking and decision making is all over the place. surely just second-year blues...
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:37 pm

Yeah De Goey is the one mid who has not lifted - Grundy, Greenwood and Crisp have all stepped up recently to the regular high standards set by Pendles, Sidey, Treloar and Adams…

There have been some good glimpses from DeGoey and like Moore he is just 20 this year however they are such good footballers that we probably expect a lot from them both… he will come good - have faith Smile

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 2:32 pm

De Goey was much better against Geelong. IMO, he was much better than Adams.

On the OP, Crisp was outstanding and - but for the ridiculous brilliance of Sidebottom, whose sublime ball-handling makes the impossible look so straight-forward that it seems like he's just getting uncontested possessions - would have been the most influential mid on the ground in the first quarter.
Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 3:24 pm

Am I the only one who thinks De Goey is tracking really well? He hasn't played a great game yet, but he's been average - above average every week, which is pretty much all you can ask for in a second year player.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 3:41 pm

^^^ I thought he needed a spell in the VFL after Anzac Day, for attitude rather form reasons. He was very good yesterday and his last few games have left me satisfied that he is steadily progressing - prior to that, I'd been a little concerned that he didn't seem to be getting much better. Having more depth in the midfield and a more competitive ruck structure has helped, no doubt but I think he's starting to show signs of becoming an outstanding player.

After re-watching yesterday's game, I was a little surprised to see negative comments about him. The more we improve at the centre ruck contests, the better he'll get, I think - he was genuinely awesome in the NAB Challenge at times, roving to Witts.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 4:03 pm

I thought he was good yesterday as well.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 4:11 pm

Duff Soviet Union wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks De Goey is tracking really well? He hasn't played a great game yet, but he's been average - above average every week, which is pretty much all you can ask for in a second year player.

NO!! Duff.Not at all.I thought he was good Yesterday and pretty fair against the Lions.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 4:16 pm

Duff Soviet Union wrote:

No he is tracking very well
Think he has had some second year blues but there is no reason why the blues has to last all season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: