Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Bring On September

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:14 pm
Post subject: Bring On SeptemberReply with quote

I will not comment on today's game as that is for another thread . But I will call it first ! We will be there in September and start booking your travel plans now. Brilliant coaching with the right inspired game plan . I always knew we'd do it.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

YOU just may be right Hiss, we are on our way now.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
E 

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 9:11 am

the win today means nothing unless we beat the doggies next week. We are coming from a loooong way back and have zero margin for error.

All today showed is that we are good enough to match it with one elite team in the comp. Were they on top of their game. did they underestimate us. or are we now the real deal. Time will tell. we are still a 4-5 team, and 4-5 teams dont play in september.

One thing i was sure of, and my trip here to the site tonight has confirmed it, Nicks does not know how to take a balanced view of the world.

two weeks ago, we needed to sack Bucks NOW. I mean RIGHT now. Worst coach ever. Davorean, bloody shit. Nearly every player on the list flawed.

Now, we are all heroes.

Truth is we are somewhere in between and we always were. We have 6-7 quality players in the team from the one that lost to Carlton and i'm betting a few players who were on the field that day were very sore after a 6 day turn around.

It wasnt so bad then and it isnt so great now.

history is littered with seasons where a team looked great for 2-3 weeks and upset an unsupecting heavyweight.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 9:20 am

E wrote:
the win today means nothing unless we beat the doggies next week. We are coming from a loooong way back and have zero margin for error.

All today showed is that we are good enough to match it with one elite team in the comp. Were they on top of their game. did they underestimate us. or are we now the real deal. Time will tell. we are still a 4-5 team, and 4-5 teams dont play in september.

One thing i was sure of, and my trip here to the site tonight has confirmed it, Nicks does not know how to take a balanced view of the world.

two weeks ago, we needed to sack Bucks NOW. I mean RIGHT now. Worst coach ever. Davorean, bloody shit. Nearly every player on the list flawed.

Now, we are all heroes.

Truth is we are somewhere in between and we always were. We have 6-7 quality players in the team from the one that lost to Carlton and i'm betting a few players who were on the field that day were very sore after a 6 day turn around.

history is littered with seasons where a team looked great for 2-3 weeks and upset an unsupecting heavyweight.

All true, E. We were brilliant ysterday but the Cats had an off day by their lofty standards. They missed very gettable shots and their stars were well off the boil, and yet they were still hard to get over. The undeniable positive in all this is that we now know we can play, and that our coach can coach. After the Carlton game, I really wondered .... If we bring that intensity to the rest of the season we will win many, and might well squeak into 7th or 8th place - and were that to happen, nobody would fancy playing us, no matter where they had finished. For now, the dream is alive.

And yes, you are right that Nicks is not a place of restrained emotions built upon a careful apppreciation of facts. But when was supoorting Collingwood ever about that ? Smile

Last edited by Mugwump on Sun May 22, 2016 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 9:59 am

E wrote:

Now, we are all heroes.

Amen to that!! It floors me how the site oscillates from one extreme to other. One has to really look hard for conversations that meet in the middle.

"It wasnt so bad then and it isnt so great now." ----- This is a great quote E. Reminds me of my sex life.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 10:42 am

things can turn quickly and it doesn't take much for it to do so.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 10:44 am
Post subject: Re: Bring On SeptemberReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
I will not comment on today's game as that is for another thread . But I will call it first ! We will be there in September and start booking your travel plans now. Brilliant coaching with the right inspired game plan . I always knew we'd do it.

what travel plans? i expect you to be riding bertha up the geelong road towards melbourne. bumpy ride that.

mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 11:46 am

[quote="E"]the win today means nothing unless we beat the doggies next week.

This is BUL SHITE.It means a lot.We beat the best team in the comp.We have beaten them twice this year.We beat them with still near 1/2 our available team out.We beat them with 4or 5 or our first selected backline out.We beat them with our best player in recent history out.We looked like throwing it away in the last Qtr and rallied to kick away and win well.It means heaps and to use that crap line that it means nothing if we don't win next week is absolute rubbish. It was a heart warming win that gave us all hope and joy.So get off the sad pills and have a look at what it was .A bloody BRILLIANT win.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:04 pm

One does not simply walk in and beat the Cats.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:25 pm

That win meant something… it was an important win and very much needed for the confidence of the playing group in each other and their ability to play the style of footy the coach wants!

You only play as well as the opposition lets you - and we didn't let the cats play their game! The flag favs have a few more question marks now! Ultimately whether the pies beat the doggies or not - should not detract from the victory against the cats.

Finals are no certainty but they are not ruled out either - we are back in the mix after 2 good wins Smile

And for those looking for a rational middle ground - you are kidding right? This is footy - it is about emotion and often it is a roller coaster ride - you can try to be logical - and rationalise your support and emotions and the varied emotions of others, but that in itself is illogical!

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:29 pm

E wrote:

Now, we are all heroes.

history is littered with seasons where a team looked great for 2-3 weeks and upset an unsuspecting heavyweight.

zero margin for error - what are you talking about… stop all the complaining and do what you need to do E… you know it… embrace the big guy for what he has done and is doing right now!

Stop over analysing the past and trying to justify yourself and worrying so much about the future and margins of error etc - embrace the now and embrace Cox Smile

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:34 pm

Cam wrote:

apparently one does.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 1:09 pm

John Wren wrote:
Cam wrote:

apparently one does.

Must be something to do with the Ring.

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 1:10 pm

^ full moon.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 2:48 pm

You crack me up Eddie. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: