Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Nathan Buckley 2016 Report Card - Round 9 v Geelong

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Please rate Nathan's performance 0-5 stars
***** 5 stars
64%
 64%  [ 33 ]
**** 4 out of 5
31%
 31%  [ 16 ]
*** 3 out of 5
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
** 2 out of 5
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
* 1 out of 5
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Donut - 0 out of 5
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 51

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 4:18 pm
Post subject: Nathan Buckley 2016 Report Card - Round 9 v GeelongReply with quote

clearly the best performance of the year
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 4:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

YEP, I gave him 4, but seriously, what did he do that won us the game? Could the guys not have done that without him? What were the great moves? (Im not saying there weren't any, I'm saying I missed stuff, what happened?).

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 4:27 pm

35forever wrote:
YEP, I gave him 4, but seriously, what did he do that won us the game? Could the guys not have done that without him? What were the great moves? (Im not saying there weren't any, I'm saying I missed stuff, what happened?).

Really? Is this a genuine comment or are you taking the piss?

Apart from all the planning pre game and up to 3/4 time. We are 27 pts up at 3/4 time, Geelong come out and kick the first 3 goals and have all the momentum. The Pies refuse to play safe footy, go down the middle, be attacking and keep trying to win the game. That's a result of coaching instructions, not luck. Bucks can coach whether you like it or not.

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 4:29 pm

35forever wrote:

had them ready to play mate - thats the main thing
remember round 1 ?

also the greenwood job on selwood
clearly they have changed howe

he did change things up in that last quarter when i screamed for cox and crisp - it happened
limited enright's influence in the 2nd half
got treloar down deep early to help out - we really ran and took it on early

it was very good - and what was required to beat them
read my post this morning - twas prophetic

need to keep playing on from the back line and stop these hack kicks forward from deep in defence
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 4:40 pm

Totally agree CC - this was a good performance against a good team… some good pre-game match-ups from Bux and co and on the game day Bux held his nerve and kept up the attack when needed! 5/5
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 7:22 pm

He brilliantly got roughly the same players on the park this week as he has for the last two weeks. Because he brilliantly managed to be lucky enough not to have the spate of injuries that derailed rounds 3-6.

Buckley's appraisals on here are pretty pointless - oh we won, he did great - oh, we just lost to a team we thought was bad, sack him - oh, we got belted, sack him now. If he did instruct the teams to keep attacking in that
Last quarter and Geelong had got a few lucky breaks and got past us, he'd have been declared the biggest failure in the history of thr solar system bcause he did not defend. It's just another way of talking about the result.

The truth is that even a basically capable coach will win most games with a team of excellent, experienced players and stability. Buckley has not had either in recent years, but this is emerging. I'll get back to you in two years.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 7:31 pm

Coaches are highly overrated. Its players that win you games.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 7:57 pm

Mugwump wrote:
He brilliantly got roughly the same players on the park this week as he has for the last two weeks. Because he brilliantly managed to be lucky enough not to have the spate of injuries that derailed rounds 3-6.

Buckley's appraisals on here are pretty pointless - oh we won, he did great - oh, we just lost to a team we thought was bad, sack him - oh, we got belted, sack him now. If he did instruct the teams to keep attacking in that
Last quarter and Geelong had got a few lucky breaks and got past us, he'd have been declared the biggest failure in the history of thr solar system bcause he did not defend. It's just another way of talking about the result.

The truth is that even a basically capable coach will win most games with a team of excellent, experienced players and stability. Buckley has not had either in recent years, but this is emerging. I'll get back to you in two years.

Well said. It amazes me how much discussion of a coach's 'performative' is just pure speculation.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 8:01 pm

Cam wrote:

It's both, but you need the right kind of cattle for the right kind of plan.

I gave Bucks 4 this week, which ironically is equal points to what I'd given him for the whole year put together... may it long continue Shocked
Medieval 

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 8:26 pm

35forever wrote:

Are you serious? The decisions to tag Selwood and leave Clangerfield to his own devices and to play Frost on Hawkins and leave Reid as the sweeper went a long way towards securing victory today. Give credit where it's due, please.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 8:33 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Cam wrote:

I gave Bucks 4 this week, which ironically is equal points to what I'd given him for the whole year put together... may it long continue Shocked

I'm sure he's over the moon Rolling Eyes

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 8:39 pm

Skids wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Cam wrote:

I'm sure he's over the moon Rolling Eyes

Maybe he should hold off on getting a little to excited until he's holding aloft the silverware, but its nice to know he cares Rolling Eyes
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 9:16 pm

David wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

Well said. It amazes me how much discussion of a coach's 'performative' is just pure speculation.

I agree Dave - better to save the pure speculation for the form ladder… that is where it belongs in la la land Smile

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 9:31 pm

All sad sad sackers can now bugger off and hide under their rocks, in utter despair and humiliation. Bucks is THE man, as the Pussies can now attest too.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 9:35 pm

You got a 5 big guy! Just keep those hard efforts coming.

MONCO: Your life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: