Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Bulldogs. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Number 35 

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 2:59 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

B Frost Cloke Maynard
HB Adams Reid Howe
C Treloar Steele Varcoe
HF Degoey White Green
F Fasolo Cox Moore
Fol Grundy Pendlebury Crisp
Int Blair Toovey Ox Croc

Replace crocker toovey and Maynard with Swan Williams and Langdon and this team can win a flag from outside the top 4.

Number 35 

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 3:12 am

Who's marking against cloke in a contested situation? I don't think Hawkins would have troubled us as much as he did if cloke was fb. Imagine the fear of getting tackled by cloke when the ball goes to ground!
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 10:38 am

ANNODAM wrote:
I absolutely hate this mob, hate them with a passion I tell 'ya!
The day they fold will make me a very happy individual indeed!

I don't care about anything else this weekend but come hell or high water - just fkn smash 'em!

Got a soft spot for them. Mum played for their women's team back in the mid 50's and always supported the doggies.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 5:28 pm

This will be a test of a different kind.
The dogs are a quicker team than the cats so we wil have to work as hard or harder to nullify it.
Our talls can really stretch there defence but we need to stop there rebound which is there strength.
Liberatore will try and tag either Pendles or Treloar Im guessing so we need to take him deep at all times. His strength is tackling so take him forward and make him work from there.
Reid gets Redpath and Howe gets Stringer for mine
Grundy should dominate the contests and Adams will need to give us first use.
We need Crisp & Greenwood to be as good as they were last week.
Funny thing for mine is we won one of 4 qtrs only but still won by 4 goals just shows how dominate we were in the first and how we stuck to our efforts every term
Can't see any changes coming this week unless someone is injured
I'm backing is to win this by 20
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 5:32 pm

It would be nice if our talls can stretch there defence but we need to stop there rebound which is there strength.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 7:17 pm

Number 35 wrote:
Who's marking against cloke in a contested situation? I don't think Hawkins would have troubled us as much as he did if cloke was fb. Imagine the fear of getting tackled by cloke when the ball goes to ground!

Hawkins would kick 10 against Cloke cos he could manhandle him as much as he wanted and be sure he wouldn't give away a free kick.

Shit, he could apply a belly to back suplex, then a figure 4 leg lock while the ball was in the centre, stand up and take an uncontested mark and kick a goal and the umpires would tell Trav to "get up and stop acting" Rolling Eyes

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 7:45 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Number 35 wrote:

Hawkins would kick 10 against Cloke cos he could manhandle him as much as he wanted and be sure he wouldn't give away a free kick.

Shit, he could apply a belly to back suplex, then a figure 4 leg lock while the ball was in the centre, stand up and take an uncontested mark and kick a goal and the umpires would tell Trav to "get up and stop acting" Rolling Eyes

You forgot to mention the 50m penalty... just 'cos!

In all seriousness, not sure why we'd want to put our best KPF into defense when we don't even need to or know that he can do it. Yes, Frosty was beaten on the day but the kid will learn a lot from that. If the same thing is still happening 2 years from now with another 2 preseasons and 50 games under his belt then you'd have an issue. A 51 game developing KPD... meh!
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:25 pm

jackcass wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:

I don't care about anything else this weekend but come hell or high water - just fkn smash 'em!

Got a soft spot for them. Mum played for their women's team back in the mid 50's and always supported the doggies.

I have a bigger problem - my dad played for Footscray and North (though not too many games for either). Fortunately my mother was from Clifton Hill....

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 10:33 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
This will be a test of a different kind.
The dogs are a quicker team than the cats so we wil have to work as hard or harder to nullify it.
Our talls can really stretch there defence but we need to stop there rebound which is there strength.
Liberatore will try and tag either Pendles or Treloar Im guessing so we need to take him deep at all times. His strength is tackling so take him forward and make him work from there.
Reid gets Redpath and Howe gets Stringer for mine
Grundy should dominate the contests and Adams will need to give us first use.
We need Crisp & Greenwood to be as good as they were last week.
Funny thing for mine is we won one of 4 qtrs only but still won by 4 goals just shows how dominate we were in the first and how we stuck to our efforts every term
Can't see any changes coming this week unless someone is injured
I'm backing is to win this by 20

I would assume Liam Picken would do a tagging job presumably on either Treloar or Pendles rather than Liberatore, but Liberatore's biggest asset is his inside style of play and the number of tackles he can accumulate in a single match.

The Bulldogs have several players to come in so I'm a little worried by the fact that they'll be strengthened compared to their match against GWS. However, if they bring back Suckling and Adams straight away it could backfire potentially as they'll be underdone more than anything else.

The battle will be won in the midfield, and we have to hope that our three talls up forward cause their defence problems, because the Bulldogs are the best defensive team in the competition at the moment. Therefore, we will need to make the most of our chances when the opportunity arises.

If we can replicate what we've produced in the last two weeks, we're a chance but if we dish up what we saw in the first seven rounds, this will be a massive struggle. Here's hoping it's the former.

Last edited by Jezza on Tue May 24, 2016 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 11:13 pm

I think there's a few of us who would prefer it to be the former. Wink
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 11:15 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
I think there's a few of us who would prefer it to be the former. Wink

I just realised the error re-reading it now. Thanks for pointing it out P4S Embarassed Laughing

It's been edited now.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 11:17 pm

For a moment, I thought maybe you'd become a closet Doggies supporter during the week, Jezza. Laughing
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 11:56 pm

Mugwump wrote:
jackcass wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:

I have a bigger problem - my dad played for Footscray and North (though not too many games for either). Fortunately my mother was from Clifton Hill....

Quality rises above such adversity.
Number 35 

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 2:11 am

Its worth trying cloke at full back. Frost fits in the pocket. Frost has pace and can play smaller. His not that type of player to me. He is the kind of guy that completely shuts down the opponents 2nd or 3rd. All I'm saying is its worth seeing what cloke can do. He could be a real presence in the back line. Capable of becoming the leagues best marking defender. And he would have the strength to compete on an opposition ruckman taking a rest up forward.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:19 am

Interesting to see how we handle their switch which they used to devastating effect last year.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 7 of 16   

Jump to: