Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Bulldogs. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:19 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucks2014 wrote:
I would hate to think that any true supporter would dislike or hate a great servant of the footy club.

Just as a matter of pure interest, have you read the "Sack Bucks" thread? Shocked Shocked
Not too sure how anyone at Nick's regularly wouldn't know by now that some posters WILL dislike or hate a great servant of the footy club. Rolling Eyes

Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:23 am

Jezza wrote:
The Bulldogs have several players to come in so I'm a little worried by the fact that they'll be strengthened compared to their match against GWS. However, if they bring back Suckling and Adams straight away it could backfire potentially as they'll be underdone more than anything else.

Exactly what I was about to say. They could have a few inclusions who are underdone while we basically have no change or maybe just one change.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:39 pm

They have no-one to match up on Cox. If he's ready to come back (and I did say "if"), they have no-one to match up on Cloke.

They're not that good away from Docklands and they seldom play at the MCG. In the last 12 months, they've played there 3 times for a win and a loss against Melbourne and a loss (in the final, of course) to Adelaide. Their first 7 games this season were played at Docklands. Even in those 7, the only decent team they beat was Adelaide. Ignore the media hype, this is a team that should be comfortably disposed of at the MCG by reasonably capable opposition with finals aspirations. At Docklands, they are a whole different proposition and I would expect them to beat us there, comfortably.

It's a matter of horses for courses, I think, and this particular horse is poorly performed since the start of 2015 away from Docklands on larger grounds. In 2016, they've only played the two (a win against Melbourne and a loss to GWS) but even last year they won 11 out of 13 at Docklands and lost 7 out of 10 elsewhere. They did beat Sydney (on the small SCG) but they contrived to lose away from Docklands to Port Adelaide, Brisbane, Geelong and Melbourne (none of whom was much chop in 2015 - 9th, 17th, 10th and 13th). At the MCG in 2015, they beat only Richmond in a low-scoring game early in the season. Apart from Richmond and Sydney, their other win away from Docklands in 2015 was over Gold Coast. In short, since they "came good" at the start of 2015, Footscray have played away from Docklands 12 times for 4 wins and 8 losses.

You might think that it's to do with the quality of the opposition but at Docklands they beat, amongst others, North Melbourne, Adelaide and West Coast last year - notably, North Melbourne and West Coast both played deep into the finals and Adelaide reversed the Docklands result in the MCG final.
Daicosesque 

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:54 pm

50-50 game for mine.

Gotta a spring in my step all week!

Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 1:13 pm

Daicosesque wrote:
50-50 game for mine.

Totally agree with your assessment.

It's a toss of a coin job predicting this game. Can go either way and I fervently hope it falls our way.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 1:17 pm

This will be tougher than the Handbaggers who I was quietly confident against. Hopefully Varcoe can lay a few crunching Tackles. I really like how Adams and Greenwood are going as the enforcers against opposing midfields.

www.facebook/the hybernators
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 1:29 pm

Lazza wrote:
Jezza wrote:
The Bulldogs have several players to come in so I'm a little worried by the fact that they'll be strengthened compared to their match against GWS. However, if they bring back Suckling and Adams straight away it could backfire potentially as they'll be underdone more than anything else.

Exactly what I was about to say. They could have a few inclusions who are underdone while we basically have no change or maybe just one change.

Wouldn't say underdone. Both Matt Boyd and Redpath return from a weeks MRP sojourn so will actually be rested. Not sure that Tom Boyd, Adams or Suckling will get up although Suckling starting to look more likely by the day. Time will tell.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 1:31 pm

Daicosesque wrote:
50-50 game for mine.

I think they have earned and deserve favouritism. We will need to improve again on our effort against the Cats to get close I think.
Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 1:51 pm

Lazza wrote:
Bucks2014 wrote:
I would hate to think that any true supporter would dislike or hate a great servant of the footy club.

Just as a matter of pure interest, have you read the "Sack Bucks" thread? Shocked Shocked
Not too sure how anyone at Nick's regularly wouldn't know by now that some posters WILL dislike or hate a great servant of the footy club. Rolling Eyes

Try my best Lazza to avoid the negative threads, the number of times I've had to defend the Captain in general threads this year is astounding.

Bucks, wow between here and the media over the last couple of years in particular I have no idea how he can remain so steadfast, there have been occasions where I've been unsure if he is the right man.

Pendles along with Treloar coming out recently with statements gives me more confidence. Beating a quality side last week also helped.

Anyway this game will hopefully be a ripper, the dogs are my second favourite team to watch. I'm worried they might be to quick, let's hope our mids can get their hands on it first and then this shouldn't be a problem. Clearances until recent times have been a huge issue.

Daicosesque 

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 2:22 pm

jackcass wrote:
Daicosesque wrote:
50-50 game for mine.

I think they have earned and deserve favouritism. We will need to improve again on our effort against the Cats to get close I think.

They would deserve some favouritism, I just think the Cats are a better team. We match them in the middle and our forwards will stretch them.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 2:32 pm

Bucks2014 wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Bucks2014 wrote:

Try my best Lazza to avoid the negative threads, the number of times I've had to defend the Captain in general threads this year is astounding..

Yup I agree. I have just about given up on the Buckley haters/bashers but on occasions it all becomes too much for me so I have a (subdued!) go back!

Bucks2014 wrote:
Bucks, wow between here and the media over the last couple of years in particular I have no idea how he can remain so steadfast, there have been occasions where I've been unsure if he is the right man..

Fair enough. All I have consistently posted is that (in my humble opinion), no coach should be sacked or replaced during a season (unless they resign due to various reasons or die). Plenty of time during the cricket season to make such a drastic decision after it has been well considered by really informed people, not a knee jerk reaction to a few losses or whatever.

Bucks2014 wrote:
Pendles along with Treloar coming out recently with statements gives me more confidence. Beating a quality side last week also helped.
Anyway this game will hopefully be a ripper, the dogs are my second favourite team to watch. I'm worried they might be to quick, let's hope our mids can get their hands on it first and then this shouldn't be a problem. Clearances until recent times have been a huge issue.

All true. I can’t pick a winner as to me it is too close to call, even with my extremely biased eyes.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 2:36 pm

Was it worth it?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 2:54 pm

Lazza wrote:
Bucks2014 wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Bucks2014 wrote:

Try my best Lazza to avoid the negative threads, the number of times I've had to defend the Captain in general threads this year is astounding..

Yup I agree. I have just about given up on the Buckley haters/bashers but on occasions it all becomes too much for me so I have a (subdued!) go back!

Bucks2014 wrote:
Bucks, wow between here and the media over the last couple of years in particular I have no idea how he can remain so steadfast, there have been occasions where I've been unsure if he is the right man..

Fair enough. All I have consistently posted is that (in my humble opinion), no coach should be sacked or replaced during a season (unless they resign due to various reasons or die). Plenty of time during the cricket season to make such a drastic decision after it has been well considered by really informed people, not a knee jerk reaction to a few losses or whatever.

Bucks2014 wrote:

All true. I can’t pick a winner as to me it is too close to call, even with my extremely biased eyes.

I'm going to ask this once, really politely, Lazza: This is a thread about the game this weekend. Somehow, you've derailed it into a discussion about Buckley by quoting a post from Sunday-night that had nothing to do with Buckley and was, in fact, a direct response to something I posted about Travis Cloke. To what purpose did you do that? The "Sack Buckley" thread is locked - you don't think he should be sacked, so why raise it again here?

People seem to me to be trying to engage in a sensible debate about Collingwood's prospects against Footscray - why not just leave the debate sensible for as long as it can be? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 2:59 pm

Daicosesque wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Daicosesque wrote:
50-50 game for mine.

They would deserve some favouritism, I just think the Cats are a better team. We match them in the middle and our forwards will stretch them.

Understood, I just think the Doggies are a better side and that we matched up better against the Cats. Losing Murphy and JJ and Adams to injury has hurt them, much the same as having a large proportion of our best back 6 sitting in the stands, but they still are a better side than the Cats who rely too heavily on too few.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 4:08 pm

jackcass wrote:
Daicosesque wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Daicosesque wrote:
50-50 game for mine.

Understood, I just think the Doggies are a better side and that we matched up better against the Cats. Losing Murphy and JJ and Adams to injury has hurt them, much the same as having a large proportion of our best back 6 sitting in the stands, but they still are a better side than the Cats who rely too heavily on too few.

Dogs better than the cats? really? I don't think the bookies would agree which is why cats are still favs for the flag. The Pies beat the cats and might lose to the dogs but we seem to match up well against them. I admit I was more confident going into the game against the Cats - but Pies4shaw has renewed my belief that we are a serious chance in this game.

Another 'underdog' win against a quality opposition might get the Pies some real respect in the footy community - if they win they deserve it!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 8 of 16   

Jump to: