Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Bulldogs. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:35 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

why is the footy media suddenly making allowances for the welfare's performances because of their "decimated" backline caused by injuries when there are other clubs equally affected by injury if not more so? that the bulldogs lost begs the question can beveridge coach?
Brenny 

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:48 am

For me, the most impressive part of Saturdays win was how the lads were able to counter the Cats as they started to come back.

The other most impressive part of Saturdays is how bloody quick we looked... Their speed and how quick they moved the ball wow we!

We have seen glimpses of this over the last few weeks and whatever Bucks and the coaching staff did before the Brisbane game, they nailed it.

The other thing I like is the fact Bucks has reacted and obviously changed things up behind the scenes. Credit where credit is due.

What do I want to see against the Bulldogs. I want to see our pressure stay, intensity stay and I don't want to see us start to believe our own hype like Melbourne did.

Collingwood are a big chance against the dogs. I'd have honestly thought prior to Saturday that we were a bigger chance against the dogs than the cats.

I'm not going in expecting to win, but I'm going in thinking they are a massive chance and if they can continue their good form from Saturday then they can win.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 12:03 pm

Brenny wrote:
For me, the most impressive part of Saturdays win was how the lads were able to counter the Cats as they started to come back.

The other most impressive part of Saturdays is how bloody quick we looked... Their speed and how quick they moved the ball wow we!

We have seen glimpses of this over the last few weeks and whatever Bucks and the coaching staff did before the Brisbane game, they nailed it.

The other thing I like is the fact Bucks has reacted and obviously changed things up behind the scenes. Credit where credit is due.

What do I want to see against the Bulldogs. I want to see our pressure stay, intensity stay and I don't want to see us start to believe our own hype like Melbourne did.

Collingwood are a big chance against the dogs. I'd have honestly thought prior to Saturday that we were a bigger chance against the dogs than the cats.

I'm not going in expecting to win, but I'm going in thinking they are a massive chance and if they can continue their good form from Saturday then they can win.

I actually thought the opposite going in. We were a better chance against the Cats than the Doggies because we play a similar style game.
King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 1:08 pm

If we can display the kind of intensity and cohesion we did against the Brions, Cats and for half of the Weagles game we're a chance here.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 2:29 pm

John Wren wrote:
why is the footy media suddenly making allowances for the welfare's performances because of their "decimated" backline caused by injuries when there are other clubs equally affected by injury if not more so? that the bulldogs lost begs the question can beveridge coach?

OH but yer missing the point Johnny, its cos the Doggies have to play SEXY FOOTY in the eyes of the media, and keep playing it. Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 2:42 pm

Is that like the women’s lingerie games they play in the USA with gridiron? I can see a few of the Bulldog players in lingerie!!! Twisted Evil Razz
Brenny 

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:55 pm

jackcass wrote:
Brenny wrote:

I actually thought the opposite going in. We were a better chance against the Cats than the Doggies because we play a similar style game.

I'm not convinced their game style will hold up on the MCG. It works brilliantly on a smaller ground, but how will it go on the very wide MCG.

They played one game on the MCG where they beat Melbourne comfortably, which they should.

Then they played at spotless which is slightly longer than the G and ES but narrower than Etihad by a good 5m and 18m narrower than the G.

If we can put up that intensity again, then we will challenger the Dogs. Provided we put that up, we will be their first real test at the home of footy. If they lose and their game plan doesn't hold up, then they are in trouble. You don't win flags not being able to win at the G. Their next game after us on the G is finals... most likely the grand final.

If North and Geelong finish top 2... that's Etihad and Skilled stadiums right there... unless they want an MCG game which is likely.

Link before somebody asks me for 'sauce (sic)': http://www.freebookiebets.com.au/afl_football_grounds.htm

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 7:45 pm

Woods wrote:
John Wren wrote:
disagree about the need to demonstrate sensational form. he needs to show that he can do what the coach and team needs him to do. it's up to the coaching group to determine when he has satisfied that requirement. playing next week might be premature but it's not an unreasonable suggestion given the deteriorating state of the welfare's backline. we also have a vfl bye next week so playing him in the afl could be the tonic he needs.

Cloke needs to show sensational form in the VFL before he comes back into the seniors because the seniors are currently in sensational form.

Understand that key elements of the playing group will not play hard with a dead weight in the forward line like Cloke. Collingwood is not a sheltered workshop its AFL footy.

Ask yourself why, all of a sudden, players like Greenwood, Crisp, DeGoey are on fire and putting themselves in physical danger by playing the hard, tough footy they need to for Collingwood to win.

You bring Cloke in now and these players will effectively mutiny, as they have done until the last two rounds when (and it is glaringly no coincidence) Cloke was demoted to the VFL.

No, the playing group will not abide Cloke's return until the sheer quality of his perforance demands it.

Cloke will be listed as emergency against the Dogs but will not play unless injury to others requires it.

You say that about Cloke, but when similar posts are made in reference to Buckley, you scream 'troll' ......interesting.

Do you have some insight into the workings of the club that would lead you to believe the bolded text?

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 8:56 pm

These two games against the Bulldogs could decide whether or not we play finals.

We'll need 12-13 wins to make the finals (13 to be safe).

And we are currently on 4 wins with 13 games left. So we need to 8-9 from 13 games which means we can only lose another 4-5 games.

I think rounds 7-9 will be difficult and could see us lose 3 in a row. I've also penciled in Hawthorn as a loss (we've lost to them the last 8 times).

That means we can't really drop any of our other games.

1. Western Bulldogs (H)
2. Port Adelaide (H)
3. Melbourne (A)
4. Fremantle (H)
5. Carlton (A)
6. GWS (A)
7. Adelaide (A)
8. North Melbourne (H)

9. West Coast (H)
10. Richmond (A)
11. Western Bulldogs (A)
12. Gold Coast (H)
13. Hawthorn (A)

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:25 pm

I absolutely hate this mob, hate them with a passion I tell 'ya!
The day they fold will make me a very happy individual indeed!

I don't care about anything else this weekend but come hell or high water - just fkn smash 'em!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
E 

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:39 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Assuming that I'm awake and alert, does Foxtel Go on a tablet work overseas?

Stui, just buy a weekly pass on the afloat website while overseas. Its only about 10 bud or so I think.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 12:50 am

Time to raid the kennel and lock up the doggies.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 2:36 am

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Woods wrote:
John Wren wrote:
disagree about the need to demonstrate sensational form. he needs to show that he can do what the coach and team needs him to do. it's up to the coaching group to determine when he has satisfied that requirement. playing next week might be premature but it's not an unreasonable suggestion given the deteriorating state of the welfare's backline. we also have a vfl bye next week so playing him in the afl could be the tonic he needs.

Cloke needs to show sensational form in the VFL before he comes back into the seniors because the seniors are currently in sensational form.

Understand that key elements of the playing group will not play hard with a dead weight in the forward line like Cloke. Collingwood is not a sheltered workshop its AFL footy.

Ask yourself why, all of a sudden, players like Greenwood, Crisp, DeGoey are on fire and putting themselves in physical danger by playing the hard, tough footy they need to for Collingwood to win.

You bring Cloke in now and these players will effectively mutiny, as they have done until the last two rounds when (and it is glaringly no coincidence) Cloke was demoted to the VFL.

No, the playing group will not abide Cloke's return until the sheer quality of his perforance demands it.

Cloke will be listed as emergency against the Dogs but will not play unless injury to others requires it.

You say that about Cloke, but when similar posts are made in reference to Buckley, you scream 'troll' ......interesting.

Do you have some insight into the workings of the club that would lead you to believe the bolded text?

Rubbish. I have never used the word 'troll' on this or any other forum, even if it does rightly apply to many of the so-called Buckley-haters here on Nicks.

And if you think my comments above are "interesting" it cannot be because I've called for Cloke to be chucked out of the club, because I haven't said that. Unlike the Buckley-haters who have called for the coach to be delisted (and worse).
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 2:58 am

I honestly cant believe you guys are talking finals after one decent win (maybe our 1st in a year or two).

And for the mods to close the 'sack bucks' thread... frankly retarded.
Number 35 

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 2:59 am

B Frost Cloke Maynard
HB Adams Reid Howe
C Treloar Steele Varcoe
HF Degoey White Green
F Fasolo Cox Moore
Fol Grundy Pendlebury Crisp
Int Blair Toovey Ox Croc

Replace crocker toovey and Maynard with Swan Williams and Langdon and this team can win a flag from outside the top 4.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 6 of 16   

Jump to: