Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Bulldogs. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
melliot 

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 12:11 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be comfortable with the improved style of footy. If we can dish up the footy from last week most other weeks, we should all be comfortable, win or loss. Can't see us making the 8 after losses to Dees, Blues and Saints. Just want to see improvement in individuals and team.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 12:32 am

melliot wrote:
I'll be comfortable with the improved style of footy. If we can dish up the footy from last week most other weeks, we should all be comfortable, win or loss. Can't see us making the 8 after losses to Dees, Blues and Saints. Just want to see improvement in individuals and team.

There are 13 H&A games to go. If we can win 9 or possibly even 8 of them, we will make the 8. I reckon we can do just that, beginning with a win over the Dogs.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 12:42 am

Dogs will get a few back this week. But play like we did against the Cats & Lions & we are in with a decent chance.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 1:23 am

The Bulldogs have several players in line to return next week. Redpath will definitely return and will be a cause of concern for our defence especially if it allows Stringer to run rings around us. Stringer always looks better when he's complemented by a tall forward.

Matthew Boyd will also return and the likes of Tom Boyd and Matthew Suckling are 50/50 at the moment of returning. Lin Jong will be the obvious exclusion due to an impending suspension.

If we replicate what we've displayed in the last two weeks, we're a chance especially at the MCG but anything before that and I think we'll be comprehensively beaten. Hopefully it's the Collingwood of the last two weeks that shows up again.

We've hit some good form which is very positive and the Dogs will be under pressure not to lose two in a row and considering the contrasts of the two sides this season it would be funny if we we're only one game behind them next week assuming we beat them.

Both sides have lengthy injury lists so it will be interesting to see how this plays out. I'm not sure about our potential changes but this will be a different proposition compared to Geelong.

The game will be won in the midfield.

Pies4shaw wrote:
The Welfare aren't even a scalp, really. There's no reason why Collingwood can't win this one comfortably.

Steady on champ! Don't get ahead of yourself.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 2:23 am

Dogs are now vulnerable, they have definite weaknesses we can exploit.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 2:26 am

RudeBoy wrote:
We can make the 8 and I suspect that the Hawks may be the team to drop out.

Praise the Lord and let it be so. Very Happy Very Happy

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 8:17 am

Piesnchess wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
We can make the 8 and I suspect that the Hawks may be the team to drop out.

Praise the Lord and let it be so. Very Happy Very Happy

I'd take that in a heartbeat! And then as long as geeeeelong don't pinch it, I'll be happy!

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 8:32 am

RudeBoy wrote:
melliot wrote:

There are 13 H&A games to go. If we can win 9 or possibly even 8 of them, we will make the 8. I reckon we can do just that, beginning with a win over the Dogs.

12 wins should get a spot in the eight. that leaves an allowance of losing up to five games. we play port, freo and wce in melbourne which gives better than an even chance. we don't play north until later in the season and we can only hope we they have fallen in a hole by then.

melliot 

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 9:30 am

John Wren wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
melliot wrote:

12 wins should get a spot in the eight. that leaves an allowance of losing up to five games. we play port, freo and wce in melbourne which gives better than an even chance. we don't play north until later in the season and we can only hope we they have fallen in a hole by then.

I think this attitude has been the problem with the player group. Worried about the results, rather than the process to get the result.

They pretty much admitted this after the Cats game. We need to worry about doing the basics well and just playing well. Winning or losing matters. But if you worry about the result, rather than the process to play well, we will lose.

I just want us to play well. Results will inevitably go our way if that happens.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 9:47 am

melliot wrote:
John Wren wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
melliot wrote:

I think this attitude has been the problem with the player group. Worried about the results, rather than the process to get the result.

They pretty much admitted this after the Cats game. We need to worry about doing the basics well and just playing well. Winning or losing matters. But if you worry about the result, rather than the process to play well, we will lose.

I just want us to play well. Results will inevitably go our way if that happens.

this is merely a supporter view of what's required and what's achievable.

by adhering to a process you should derive the outcome you are seeking on the proviso the process is optimal in the first place.

69 years a MAGPIE Libra

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 10:38 am

An extremely inconsistent first 7 games and now 2 very good performances on the trot. Why? Pendles, Varcoe, Reid fit and firing. Crisp, deGoey and a few friends upping the ante, sticking to game plans, improved kicking efficiency (ie: looking for the right target) and that beautiful swarming defense. We should fear noone, but give respect where it is due. Doggies will have players back but how will the layoff affect them? It often takes a week to get back your touch and if that affects 4 or 5 players, who knows? We should be 7/2 but having stuffed up games against 3 teams and we now need to build our way back. I'm looking for an unbeaten run just to piss off the haters. Good job boys and Bucks (and the other coaches).
mudlark 

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 10:46 am

Bob Sugar wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Be lot harder Game as they score on Turnovers which we can do quite a bit

Let's hope it wet and windy, their foot skills will go to shit then.

Bite the pillow guys, the Cats are going in dry!!

Last edited by mudlark on Mon May 23, 2016 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
melliot 

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 10:56 am

John Wren wrote:
melliot wrote:
John Wren wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
melliot wrote:

by adhering to a process you should derive the outcome you are seeking on the proviso the process is optimal in the first place.

This is exactly my point. I'm not of the same attitude of only winning and losing. Or at least not to the same extent. Finals, while a faint possibility, is not in my thoughts. For the rest of the year I want to see us play well and improve. Building for next year. If we end up with only 7-8 wins, but have shown solid improvement that troubles most sides, then I'll be OK with that. Not happy, but OK
roar 

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:04 am

melliot wrote:

Yep, same here.

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:31 am

melliot wrote:
John Wren wrote:
melliot wrote:
John Wren wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
melliot wrote:

This is exactly my point. I'm not of the same attitude of only winning and losing. Or at least not to the same extent. Finals, while a faint possibility, is not in my thoughts. For the rest of the year I want to see us play well and improve. Building for next year. If we end up with only 7-8 wins, but have shown solid improvement that troubles most sides, then I'll be OK with that. Not happy, but OK

i'm confused. you mention the attitude of the playing group to which i reaponded to, not the supporters.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 5 of 16   

Jump to: