Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Bulldogs. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:45 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it really 5 years since we played them at the M.C.G?Incredible.And yet people still think the A.F.L gives us an easy draw every year.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:56 am

WOW a home game actually at our home ground against the Bulldogs! Not a pseudo home game against the bulldogs at their home ground... Wowee
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 1:11 am

doriswilgus wrote:
Is it really 5 years since we played them at the M.C.G?Incredible.And yet people still think the A.F.L gives us an easy draw every year.

Yes, it's true. The last time we played the Bulldogs at the MCG was round 6 2011 beating them by 48 points by smashing them in the last quarter courtesy of Andrew Krakouer and Leigh Brown.

Also, so far this year, we've already played interstate three times and the Bulldogs are about to play their first interstate match this weekend yet they still claim we never travel Rolling Eyes

colin_wood 

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 7:17 am

Cloke to replace Crocker ?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 8:14 am

colin_wood wrote:

He'd be handy across the backline, but the forwards looked good yesterday. That should be rewarded

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 9:23 am

colin_wood wrote:

It's hard to see, I think. White, Moore, Cox and Cloke have too many metres, collectively, for the kind of forward line lockdown that the modern game requires. I agree with others that i would be trying Cloke for a backline role, though that is a heck of a learning curve at this stage of a career....

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 10:09 am

Mugwump wrote:
colin_wood wrote:

It's hard to see, I think. White, Moore, Cox and Cloke have too many metres, collectively, for the kind of forward line lockdown that the modern game requires. I agree with others that i would be trying Cloke for a backline role, though that is a heck of a learning curve at this stage of a career....

Forgive my ignorance as I have missed much of the VFL. Did Cloke play? Did he earn a seniors recall? And if so could Moore have a rest this week?

If not I say go in settled again. Nil changes.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

Last edited by September Zeros on Sun May 22, 2016 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 10:10 am

next week would be a good time to bring cloke back. the bigger expanses of the g and a defence that is starting to have its depth tested. to have cloke, cox and moore running around is a lot of height and mobility to contain. if that change was to go ahead whoever misses out would be unlucky. we don't often play three talls. moore or cox might get managed out at some point.

i'm still not entirely sure why people suggest to play cloke in the backline given he has not been training for it or even playing in that role at vfl level. you sure as hell aren't going to be letting him loose there for the first time during an afl game. not to mention the revolving door nature of our back six; we start to get some stability and some want to inject a guy who is not a natural defender let alone a part time one?

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 10:11 am

September Zeros wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
colin_wood wrote:

Forgive my ignorance as I have missed much of the VFL. Did Cloke play? Did he earn a seniors recall? And if so could Moore have a rest this week?

yes. possibly and possibly.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 10:24 am

John Wren wrote:
September Zeros wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
colin_wood wrote:

yes. possibly and possibly.

Kicked four, of which three in the first quarter. Seemed fairly accurate from middle and close in distances. Didn't tear it up but played well. I hope he'll be back, but not sure I see how. Moore seems to offer mobility which Cloke cannot, these days.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 11:24 am

John Wren wrote:
next week would be a good time to bring cloke back. the bigger expanses of the g and a defence that is starting to have its depth tested. to have cloke, cox and moore running around is a lot of height and mobility to contain. if that change was to go ahead whoever misses out would be unlucky. we don't often play three talls. moore or cox might get managed out at some point.

i'm still not entirely sure why people suggest to play cloke in the backline given he has not been training for it or even playing in that role at vfl level. you sure as hell aren't going to be letting him loose there for the first time during an afl game. not to mention the revolving door nature of our back six; we start to get some stability and some want to inject a guy who is not a natural defender let alone a part time one?

Cloke, Cox and Moore. Seems to be missing some Jesse Wink. I think he's been our best tall forward the last two weeks and think if one of our talls were to be replaced by Cloke, It'd be Moore - he may even be tried in defense. It's close though, despite some rave reviews, all of White, Cox and Moore have just been ok, their numbers are still not matching Cloke even at his worst and he is still comfortably our best tall forward.

When we're ready to bring Cloke back we'll find a way to fit him in and it will improve our forward line and team overall. Hope it happens soon because this season is not done and we need to be playing our best 22.

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 11:40 am

^ of course. jessie. my bad. Embarassed

i agree with your point about fitting in cloke when he is ready. could cox carry the ruck so early in his career to allow grundy a spell when the time is right? having the players all in form creates a level of depth that has been somewhat missing.

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:02 pm

Before calling for Cloke's premature return to the seniors, people need to consider that a reason why Collingwood's performance has improved so significantly the last few weeks is because Cloke was not playing?

Remember the circumstances Cloke was sent to the VFL to regain form? It was as much a decision of the senior playing group as it was Buckley's.

Don't expect the Pies form to maintain its current grit with Cloke in the team, unless the team is demanding he come back in. And for that to happen Cloke must demonstrate sensational form in the VFL for week after week.

The four goal haul he got in the VFL yesterday is barely adequate.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:29 pm

disagree about the need to demonstrate sensational form. he needs to show that he can do what the coach and team needs him to do. it's up to the coaching group to determine when he has satisfied that requirement. playing next week might be premature but it's not an unreasonable suggestion given the deteriorating state of the welfare's backline. we also have a vfl bye next week so playing him in the afl could be the tonic he needs.
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:37 pm

Four changes next week....

Wills, Gault, Langdon and Sinclair.....( a sneaky chance that Nathan Brown will get up as well)....

All into our VFL team.... Depth is growing every week.

Oh how I wish Elliott,Swanny, Ramsay and Scharenberg were fit- would be a nightmare at selection!

I can't see Witts back in the seniors yet but he, Phillips and Goodyear were excellent last night. Williams and Goldsack not ready for AFL yet but at least they got through the game last night where we beat Williamstown.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 2 of 16   

Jump to: