Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies cream Cats. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 9:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

thompsoc wrote:
Damien wrote:
After my hard luck story last week (backed us by 1-39 and we won by lots more) I had A nice collect on the punt today that coulda been awesome:

Backed us to win by 1-39 pts $20 @ 7-1
Backed is to win by 40+ pts $20 @ 34-1
Backed is to lead at every change Coll-Coll-Coll-Coll $10 @ 14-1

And I backed is to make the eight two weeks ago.

Bob Sugar won some douse last and this week.
So it yours and Bobs shout baby!!!!

Negative, Bob worked night shift last night and didn't get to the tote in time Sad

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 9:26 pm

Don't underestimate "hubris" derailing our first month and a half.
This is the Collingwood we all hope to see, with plenty of "best 22" players still not in as well. Some of those may have a bit to do to regain "best 22" status if this continues.....

Crisp BoG in the first quarter when we set it all up.
Loved the bit of mongrel in big Coxy, he's not gunna take any shite that man!
Grundy absolutely brilliant!! Still mistiming his jump at the centre bounce, but dominant around the ground.
Howe looks great with the play unfolding in front of him from the backline, reads it really well down there.
Moore's positioning and the way he competes far outweighs any statistics anyone wants to pull out to undersell his performances in the seniors at this stage of his career. He plays regardless of what the stat sheet says.
Greenwood best game for us.
Smith and Crocker both show a bit of somethin somethin, they both may get dropped at some stage this year but will both be solid contributors medium/long term.
The cream - Pendlebury and Treloar - both superb!

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 10:05 pm

If only we had Swan, Elliott, Williams & Shazza up and about
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 10:11 pm

Bob Sugar wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Damien wrote:
After my hard luck story last week (backed us by 1-39 and we won by lots more) I had A nice collect on the punt today that coulda been awesome:

Backed us to win by 1-39 pts $20 @ 7-1
Backed is to win by 40+ pts $20 @ 34-1
Backed is to lead at every change Coll-Coll-Coll-Coll $10 @ 14-1

And I backed is to make the eight two weeks ago.

Bob Sugar won some douse last and this week.
So it yours and Bobs shout baby!!!!

Negative, Bob worked night shift last night and didn't get to the tote in time Sad

I put $25 on for the win. Cool

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 10:25 pm

I have followed the Magpies for over fifty years, and I can absolutely say, beyond doubt, that was one of the finest victories I have ever seen, by the PIes, that I have attended. Just a wonderful win, the kids played their guts out, the huge Texan was magnificent, in fact, we did not have one poor player, a real team effort. I got a bit emotional up in the stand at the end of the game,with my mate and sons, we have just copped so much shit from the critics, and from some negative sods on here. WELL, WE STUCK IT RIGHT UP EM, and I am so very proud of the boys.

AS for the sad sadsackers, well, what of them. ??

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 10:51 pm

Fantastic win. The first quarter was like we were playing Brisbane or Essendon again such was our dominance (Cats did not have a centre clearance). Even more impressive than that though was our last quarter rally after it looked like we'd be run over. Frost was struggling against Hawkins as we felt the loss of Brown, but somehow we were able to put on a few more goals and bring it home.

Our midfield has really started to click since the return of Adams. Crisp was back to his best today as were Steele and Pendles, Treloar continued his excellent season. Great job by Greenwood to keep Selwood down to 18 touches, not often that happens. Grundy put in another very good performance in the ruck with his opponent having little influence.

Up forward all contributed, with Cox, White, Moore, Grundy and even Crocker having important moments. Moore not getting a lot of it but is having an impact each game whenever he clunks a tough mark. Still don't think we have the right mix of experience on this line though, with Crocker surely needing to make way soon.

The bad:
Only two today. I though both Maynard and Varcoe hurt us badly at times. Maynard's short kicking was atrocious resulting in some awful turnovers and Varcoe continued his poor form since returning from injury costing us three great goal scoring chances with poor finishing and ball use. Needs to get more of it and needs to be cleaner. I expect Trav will keep his place but think that we'll see Williams in for Maynard if he's fit enough.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:01 pm

And in defense (easy to forget this line now that Brown and Sinclair are out Very Happy), Reid was extremely influential early with his intercept marks but faded later. Frost battled on Hawkins, looking outmatched in any clear one on ones, fortunately our team defense and pressure up the ground prevented this from happening too often until late.

Howe was excellent again. I know he prefers to play as a forward but his defensive play is just too good for that change to be made. He's filling two roles we've been needing for a while: rebound with pace and skill and another intercept marking player to complement Reid, his ability to use his high leap to bring the ball to ground against 2-3 opponents has been invaluable.

The main thing to note about our defense was our discipline. We didn't give away too many cheap frees and very few cheap goals to players in space. This has been improving gradually over the year and tonight was our best defensive performance as a team.

Last edited by AN_Inkling on Sat May 21, 2016 11:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:04 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Fantastic win. The first quarter was like we were playing Brisbane or Essendon again such was our dominance (Cats did not have a centre clearance). Even more impressive than that though was our last quarter rally after it looked like we'd be run over. Frost was struggling against Hawkins as we felt the loss of Brown, but somehow we were able to put on a few more goals and bring it home.

Our midfield has really started to click since the return of Adams. Crisp was back to his best today as were Steele and Pendles, Treloar continued his excellent season. Great job by Greenwood to keep Selwood down to 18 touches, not often that happens. Grundy put in another very good performance in the ruck with his opponent having little influence.

Up forward all contributed, with Cox, White, Moore, Grundy and even Crocker having important moments. Moore not getting a lot of it but is having an impact each game whenever he clunks a tough mark. Still don't think we have the right mix of experience on this line though, with Crocker surely needing to make way soon.

The bad:
Only two today. I though both Maynard and Varcoe hurt us badly at times. Maynard's short kicking was atrocious resulting in some awful turnovers and Varcoe continued his poor form since returning from injury costing us three great goal scoring chances with poor finishing and ball use. Needs to get more of it and needs to be cleaner. I expect Trav will keep his place but think that we'll see Williams in for Maynard if he's fit enough.

Interesting post as always, Inkling. I think Varcoe is just struggling for touch a little because of the time he has missed. The more he plays the better he'll get, and it's really noticeable that his effort is always an inspirational 100%, whether with ball in hand or on the chase. I think it is possible that his exemplary conduct has helped turn us around since he came back.

Maynard is a bit of an enigma, and he may well give way for Sinclair, if the latter is right next week. He has a good left boot and he has improved week by week. Today i thought he started to look like he belonged, bar a few clangers. But they were pretty toe-curling, especially that special delivery to Dangerfield.

Crocker may have to give way, but he is another whose potential is being explored and Showing unexpected possibilities, and it is not clear to me that we have a better replacement unless we are prepared to play three/four talls up forward (white, Cox, Cloke and Moore).

Stinger 

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:37 pm

Darkstranger wrote:
If only we had Swan, Elliott, Williams & Shazza up and about

Didn't need them today
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:59 pm

Jezza wrote:
Great win. Easily our best win of the year.

Our start was brilliant and the way we withstood Geelong's comeback was outstanding. Very proud of the boys!

Loved How we With Stood there massive push in the Last Qtr

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:01 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
And in defense (easy to forget this line now that Brown and Sinclair are out Very Happy),

Sinclair seems to miss a few we win, must be a coincidence!

66% winning record without him, 33% with him, don't think we miss Sinclairs turnovers too much Wink
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:25 am

Dave The Man wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Great win. Easily our best win of the year.

Our start was brilliant and the way we withstood Geelong's comeback was outstanding. Very proud of the boys!

Loved How we With Stood there massive push in the Last Qtr

The first quarter was impressive, but I thought withholding Geelong from completely overtaking us in the final quarter was even more impressive and the highlight of the game.

It will give this group massive confidence in the future.

courtza 

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:51 am

When we start running and linking through the guts we look awesome.

Howe and Reid down back with their intercept marking and kicking.

Pendles and the mids starting to hit top form.

The forward line looking like a pack of hungry wolves.

The last 2 weeks has been real exciting to watch, the sort of footy that could take us along way, not sure we can do it week in week out though, still a while to go but loving it.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 1:31 am

eddiesmith wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
And in defense (easy to forget this line now that Brown and Sinclair are out Very Happy),

Sinclair seems to miss a few we win, must be a coincidence!

66% winning record without him, 33% with him, don't think we miss Sinclairs turnovers too much Wink

Can't miss what don't exist Very Happy.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 6:35 am

Woods wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:
mudlark wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:
If only they played like this against the Blues.

Hopefully this has kick started our season, 2 wins on the trot, good stuff!
We now have something to build on.

But we're shit aren't we??Buckleys hopeless isn't he??? Jeremy Howe is useless isn't he?? Backflips a plenty is all I see.Shit!!! Clay.Knowledge of difference.

Firstly, I have never commented on Howe (dunno anything about him) & secondly, all I want is for COLL to win games, I don't GAF who the coach is!

"I don't GAF who the coach is!"

Noted, placed on the record, and will be inscribed on your tombstone.

Will that be directly underneath

Quote:
The ugly mofo will be gone at seasons end, you mark my words!

and..

Quote:
I'll be right here mate & when Spudley goes (& he will) I'll come looking for 'ya to say:

I TOLD YOU SO!
?
Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10   

Jump to: