Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies cream Cats. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 7:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

White could have had a stack more of the ball too, his teammates ignored him on a long lead quite a few times. As he continues to grow so will the confidence of his teammates in him.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 7:56 pm

Superb total TEAM effort.

I couldn't be prouder. Special mention again for Brodie Grundy Collingwood's undisputed number 1 ruckman. He's a gem.

And Jeremy Howe you're fast becoming a key down back. Plays tall, attacks, defends and takes chances. I like your work a lot.

Pendles, Steele great as always and Mason Cox just lifts our side.

Also Alan Toovey played his best game in ages. He was fantastic.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 8:11 pm

Damien wrote:
After my hard luck story last week (backed us by 1-39 and we won by lots more) I had A nice collect on the punt today that coulda been awesome:

Backed us to win by 1-39 pts $20 @ 7-1
Backed is to win by 40+ pts $20 @ 34-1
Backed is to lead at every change Coll-Coll-Coll-Coll $10 @ 14-1

And I backed is to make the eight two weeks ago.

Bob Sugar won some douse last and this week.
So it yours and Bobs shout baby!!!!

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 8:17 pm

inxs88 wrote:
POSITIVES FROM TODAY:

1. Jeremy Howes game
2. Jeremy Howe's bullet kicking from defence to set up 3 goals
3. Sidebottom's 4 quarter effort
4. Jack Crisp's first half
5. Pendles goal kicking
6. Big Mason's 3rd quarter clunk
7. Big Mason's "Gabba like" run and goal
8. Grundy's courage against 3 Ruckmen all day
9. Our general ball movement
10. Jessie White's 1 percenters!!

Spot on Inxs888 - I would also add Pendles stood up as and showed why he is an outstanding leader with goals when it counted!

Greenwood also showed why he is a good pick-up keeping Selwood quiet in a big game.

And finally our defenders did a great job of holding back the cats forward line who had plenty of ball but were unable to penetrate. Well done to Reid, Tooves, Howe and co… a great effort Smile

Treloar also shows why he is also a great pick-up - stuff Dangermouse!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 8:24 pm

Dangermouse and Duckwood just got schooled. That was damn good. Put $25 on the nose, happy with that too. Cool

Where's Jiz07 and the Bucks can't coach brigade? Razz

I loved the start but I loved how we fought back when we needed to even more, The Cats have won every last quarter this year in a canter, but we won. WHOOOOOO

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 8:41 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
I'm so happy that I had tears streaming with pride when big Coxy banged home a major on the run. I want to believe this is real! Do I have my beloved Pies back? Please let it be so.

Glad you said that, 'cause I welled up a bit too, as Cox nailed that. Thank God he did, or I'd have papered the forward line with his hide for not going over the top to Varcoe ! But that brilliant intercept from Treloar, and then that chain of possession leading to Cox's run was incredibly emotional, after the pain of the last weeks. A great, great day, at last, and maybe the start of something big.

Last edited by Mugwump on Sat May 21, 2016 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 8:46 pm

chris scott, you speak crap.

"I don't want to be the type of coach who says we got beaten today because we played poorly...",

and then spends almost the rest of the post match saying exactly that.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 8:55 pm

The first quarter was simply brilliant. Our tackling pressure was first class and eagerness to spread and find space was outstanding. It was evident early on that the team was switched on and executing the game plan properly with a solid structure around the ball and behind it which hasn't been seen in previous weeks.

Mason Cox was major highlight especially with his composure to slot through the match-winning goal. He's been revelation considering he only became exposed to the game a year or two ago. Sidebottom and Crisp back to their best! Pendles as good as ever and great performances by Greenwood on Selwood and Howe in defence is a no-brainer now.

Our second quarter and third quarters were ordinary in my opinion but the fact that we were leading papered over this somewhat, but the last quarter was simply outstanding. It demonstrated that this team has heart and has the mentality to fight to the end.

It still irks me that we lost to Carlton and St.Kilda and have played nowhere near what we're capable of producing in the first eight rounds but today was simply brilliant.

If we can maintain that intensity for the rest of the year more often than not then I'll be happy with the direction we're heading in! Bucks and the coaching group did well today but I want to see more of that.

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 8:59 pm

We won
That is all

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 9:10 pm

Jezza wrote:
The first quarter was simply brilliant. Our tackling pressure was first class and eagerness to spread and find space was outstanding. It was evident early on that the team was switched on and executing the game plan properly with a solid structure around the ball and behind it which hasn't been seen in previous weeks.

Mason Cox was major highlight especially with his composure to slot through the match-winning goal. He's been revelation considering he only became exposed to the game a year or two ago. Sidebottom and Crisp back to their best! Pendles as good as ever and great performances by Greenwood on Selwood and Howe in defence is a no-brainer now.

Our second quarter and third quarters were ordinary in my opinion but the fact that we were leading papered over this somewhat, but the last quarter was simply outstanding. It demonstrated that this team has heart and has the mentality to fight to the end.

It still irks me that we lost to Carlton and St.Kilda and have played nowhere near what we're capable of producing in the first eight rounds but today was simply brilliant.

If we can maintain that intensity for the rest of the year more often than not then I'll be happy with the direction we're heading in! Bucks and the coaching group did well today but I want to see more of that.

Crisp was awesome. Agree with all of that,

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 9:17 pm

Cam wrote:
White could have had a stack more of the ball too, his teammates ignored him on a long lead quite a few times. As he continues to grow so will the confidence of his teammates in him.

i loved white's game. i thought he took his man away from the ball and created space for others to lead in to. his one percenters we're excellent particularly one effort when he created a stoppage from a 50/50 contest he didn't win.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 9:20 pm

His gut running to find space and provide an option to his teammates is what impressed me most about White especially in the first quarter.
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 9:22 pm

Watched the first qtr as I was at work, skills were up probably the best qtr I've seen us play for a while. Hopefully it continues and build some momentum
Medieval 

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 9:24 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
If only they played like this against the Blues.

Hopefully this has kick started our season, 2 wins on the trot, good stuff!
We now have something to build on.

Weren't you calling for Bucks to be sacked and take, and I quote, "that over rated Treloar with you" only 2 weeks ago after the Carlton loss?
It seems you have a short memory.

Magpiefan3 Cancer

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 9:24 pm

I think having Varcoe in the team and in the forward line makes a massive difference especially with his run and carry. He nearly kicked a great day today but missed it.

2017-2019 Player Sponsor for Lynden Dunn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10   

Jump to: