Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

New leaders required

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 7:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
John Wren wrote:
you don't need a title to be a leader.

But it might help if your a 21 year old telling a 10 year club veteran to tow the line on one issue or another....

Not really. Doesn't make you smarter, bigger, stronger, more influential, more intimidating, it's just a label.

Oh look everyone, Jackcass disagrees again, we need to work harder to please him/her/them.

Thank god Bob, was beginning to think it was only my good friend Thompsoc and me that he played the "contrary card" to!!!

Nothing wrong with a bit of a contrary nature.

I certainly reject any implication I would feel the need to 'try harder' as a result of anything Jackass posted; any quoted replies with said poster were made in good faith

Thanks CC, good faith intended and open and frank discussion welcomed.
Number 35 

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 6:19 pm

Next year I would like to see Adams replace pendlebury as captain. Pendleburys mind should be 100% focused on his performances. I don't see him as a guy that can motivate the team in a huddle. I see him more as the quiet guy in the corner who is the clubs best player. Releasing him of duties could be a good thing. Adams on the other hand, seems like someone who will take the next step with added weight on his shoulders. His combative style on the field is something I admire. His suicidal in and under approach and tenacious tackling and pressure is something that IMO every captain should be. You can see who has it and who hasn't, just by looking into their eyes.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 9:39 pm

Number 35 wrote:
Next year I would like to see Adams replace pendlebury as captain. Pendleburys mind should be 100% focused on his performances. I don't see him as a guy that can motivate the team in a huddle. I see him more as the quiet guy in the corner who is the clubs best player. Releasing him of duties could be a good thing. Adams on the other hand, seems like someone who will take the next step with added weight on his shoulders. His combative style on the field is something I admire. His suicidal in and under approach and tenacious tackling and pressure is something that IMO every captain should be. You can see who has it and who hasn't, just by looking into their eyes.

The more you hear Treloar speak, the more obvious it appears to me that Treloar will be our next captain. I think Pendlebury is doing a good job so Pendlebury should only hand over the reins of captaincy when Treloar is ready to take over in two or three years time. Adams is also impressive, but captaining the underage Geelong team is a different proposition to captaining an AFL side.
Number 35 

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:24 pm

@ BUCKSISTHEFUTURECOACH
- Hmmm, Adams is a natural born leader. Thats why he was captaining underage sides. Pendlebury/Treloar are very good (elite) players. Adams personifies IMO what a captain should be. The way the club like to do it, then yes Treloar will be the next captain ( like Buckley was and Pendlebury is ) however i feel that Adams should be the next captain ( like Burns was ).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: