Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Cats. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 11:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
^

Agree in part.

The US research is based (I believe ) on the NFL where players wear padding and helmets and routinely use their heads as battering rams in the mistaken belief that the helmet will protect them.

A helmet might prevent your skull being cracked but doesn't stop your brain bouncing odd the skull like a pinball after severe contact.

Still, if in doubt, better to be safe than sorry when you're dealing with potential long term effects.

The problem isn't just concussion.
It is head knocks.
A lot of Boxers end up being punch drunk.
Even ones that were not knocked out.
There is a school of thought in the USA that OJ Simpson suffered from too many head knocks which lead him to poor behaviour.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 11:52 pm

thompsoc wrote:
There is a school of thought in the USA that OJ Simpson suffered from too many head knocks which lead him to poor behaviour.

And that poor behaviour nearly got him The Chair.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 12:02 am

Really upset for Ben Sinclair. I love the way he plays. Just hope, as our website suggests, that it is a precautionary measure and is not due to another concussion being incurred.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:50 am

Really sad to see sinkers miss we could have used him badly
Congrats Sidey on 150 make it a milestone to remember and a statement game for yourself.
I'm sniffing a late change or 2
Wouldn't be surprised to see Marsh in Toovey out. We might just need a good 3rd man up
I would give Varcoe first crack at Motlop and then run off him as Motlop isn't known for his desire to run defensively
We need to use the switch smartly we can catch there slow ageing defenders on the hop. If we go slow they will use there experience and beat us up bad
Cox can have a field day if the delivery is good
I would give Frost first crack at Hawkins and leave Reid to play on resting ruckman use Marsh & Howe as interceptors
Our mid field must win the contests or were shot ducks. Can't break even it must be a clear win
Whoever gets first crack at Dangerfield must sit him on his a$$ a few times early no matter what the cost
Grundy must use his around the grounds skills to his advantage. He needs to run hard back to plug holes. We need to slow ball movement
If we play our best football as we've shown in patches this year we can win. If we turn up and don't back ourselves we will get beat it's pretty simple really
Pies by 20
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 7:07 am

Couldn't have asked for a better in / out. We'll be up for this, no doubt, whether it's enough to get us over the line remains to be seen but no way we'll let them walk all over us. Win or lose, the pussies will know they've been in a game. Go Pies!
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 9:29 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Really sad to see sinkers miss we could have used him badly
Congrats Sidey on 150 make it a milestone to remember and a statement game for yourself.
I'm sniffing a late change or 2
Wouldn't be surprised to see Marsh in Toovey out. We might just need a good 3rd man up
I would give Varcoe first crack at Motlop and then run off him as Motlop isn't known for his desire to run defensively
We need to use the switch smartly we can catch there slow ageing defenders on the hop. If we go slow they will use there experience and beat us up bad
Cox can have a field day if the delivery is good
I would give Frost first crack at Hawkins and leave Reid to play on resting ruckman use Marsh & Howe as interceptors
Our mid field must win the contests or were shot ducks. Can't break even it must be a clear win
Whoever gets first crack at Dangerfield must sit him on his a$$ a few times early no matter what the cost
Grundy must use his around the grounds skills to his advantage. He needs to run hard back to plug holes. We need to slow ball movement
If we play our best football as we've shown in patches this year we can win. If we turn up and don't back ourselves we will get beat it's pretty simple really
Pies by 20

I agree we need to back ourselves… but not by slowing ball movement! Pies need to move the ball quickly to win - that is the modern game. Slow movement will allow their backs to set up and support each other - we need to worry them with young guys like De Goey, Moore and Crocker running hard for each other. Dare to win Pies!

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 12:03 pm

We'll only get as close at the Cats allow. If they are switched on, we'll get slaughtered. If they are a bit sluggish, we might get within 3 goals.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 12:22 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
We'll only get as close at the Cats allow. If they are switched on, we'll get slaughtered. If they are a bit sluggish, we might get within 3 goals.

Really? how do you now what they will allow? , you dull fart.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Carro 

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 1:00 pm

What'sinaname wrote:

go and finish your half empty glass your miserable cockroach
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 1:17 pm

Carro wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

go and finish your half empty glass your miserable cockroach

Geez Carro what was the point of this comment.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 1:25 pm

^^^ It's just a misunderstanding, thompsoc - I don't think Carro understood that What'sinaname was being ridiculously positive about Collingwood's prospects tomorrow.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 1:33 pm

Amazing how Sinclair is now a valued member of the team
Amazing how Brown is now needed to play on the opposition gorillas

Hopefully it is NAB like again

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 3:02 pm

3rd degree wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

Really? how do you now what they will allow? , you dull fart.

I guess you'll insult any poster that makes a prediction for this game...you know...being the fair and equitable person you hold yourself out to be.

PS! I know because I am psychic. You also better get your affairs in order and make sure you have a will.
John West 

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 4:48 pm

What'sinaname wrote:

Not for the same reasons I expect Geelong to win by 4 or 5 goals. On current form they should win. The team they're putting out on the park tomorrow has a greater spread of talent too. Someone will need to keep Shane Kersten in check. He has had a good few weeks.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 5:11 pm

We are going to get hammered, the Pussies by 13 goals..
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11   

Jump to: