Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Cats. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 12:17 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Tannin wrote:
Along with the Jamie Elliott high-fly speccie, the Ben Johnson running goal streaming down the wing, and the Pendlebury slow-motion dance through traffic, it's one of the great sights in football.

^ You forgot Ben Sinclair breaking through the middle and steadying before threading it between the point post and the boundary line...

leonmagic Pisces

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 3:09 pm

Tannin wrote:
Fair comments Inky.

I have to admit, I have an ulterior motive. Bit of a man-crush on Frostie. I love it when an opposition tall leads out on his own and is about to take an uncontested mark. In the blink of an eye, just as the ball is about to fall into his hands, a black and white rocket steps into frame at 110km/h and, like magic, Frostie's big fist comes high over the top and smacks the pill 20 metres clear.

That happens about twice a quarter and I never get tired of it. Along with the Jamie Elliott high-fly speccie, the Ben Johnson running goal streaming down the wing, and the Pendlebury slow-motion dance through traffic, it's one of the great sights in football.

spot on. i rate frost very highly - the only 2 things that worry me are his ridiculously fumbly hands on the ground and his average kicking.

mind you to (draw another similarity to him), presti couldn't kick to save himself either for the first few years of his career...
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 3:47 pm

Reid to return against the Cats

Nathan Schmook - AFL Media May 19, 2016 1:40 PM

Collingwood is set to be bolstered by the return of key tall Ben Reid for Saturday's clash against Geelong at the MCG, but the club will wait to make a call on fellow big man Nathan Brown as he returns from a hamstring complaint.

Reid, who completed Thursday's training session, has missed one match with a shoulder injury and will be an important inclusion as the Magpies square up to the premiership favourites.

Brown suffered a hamstring injury in the VFL two weeks ago and coach Nathan Buckley said the club would need to assess the key defender after he left the track early on Thursday.

"I haven't got an official word but his intention was to prove his fitness for this weekend," Buckley said.

"He did most of the session and he'll cool down, and we'll see how he is before making the call if he plays this week or not.

"'Reidy' got through training really well today and we expect him to be available."

American recruit Mason Cox has been cleared to face the Cats after his hand was stepped on by teammate Darcy Moore in the Magpies' big win against the Brisbane Lions last Saturday night.

Buckley said the 211cm big man, who kicked four goals against the Lions in his best senior game, would be asked to play through the pain.

"It will be a little bit sore but you come over from the States and you play this game you find out pretty quickly you very rarely play at 100 cent fit, so it's going to be a test for him," the coach said.

Half-back Marley Williams (toe) and defender Tyson Goldsack (thumb) each got through training on Thursday and will return through the VFL.

They'll be joined by key forward Travis Cloke, who is yet to elevate himself into the Magpies' best team, and recruit James Aish.

Buckley suggested fans would need to be patient with Aish, who enjoyed a strong VFL hit-out last week with 22 disposals, four clearances and 13 tackles.

"Too much focus on one bloke," the coach said.

"Young fella, 20 years old. He's just come into our system, third year in the AFL.

"He'll continue his development and progress but it won't be at AFL level this week."

While external pressure has been eased on the Magpies, Buckley said it had increased on the players and coaches after their game style and effort clicked in a 78-point win over the Lions at the Gabba.

The coach said the contrast between last Saturday night and the team's early season form was "chalk and cheese".

"Internally it just highlights the disappointment with how we began," he said.

"Now we’ve got to prove that we can execute those plans and work just as hard against any opponent."

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2016-05-19/reid-to-return-against-the-cats

On the paged linked above is an 8 minute audio podcast of an interview with Buckley after today's training session. Covers the above story points but also discusses Elliot's injury, Marley William's early lack of form + injury, Cloke's situation ("not in best 22") and other topics. Worth a listen.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 5:53 pm

leonmagic wrote:
Tannin wrote:
Fair comments Inky.

I have to admit, I have an ulterior motive. Bit of a man-crush on Frostie. I love it when an opposition tall leads out on his own and is about to take an uncontested mark. In the blink of an eye, just as the ball is about to fall into his hands, a black and white rocket steps into frame at 110km/h and, like magic, Frostie's big fist comes high over the top and smacks the pill 20 metres clear.

That happens about twice a quarter and I never get tired of it. Along with the Jamie Elliott high-fly speccie, the Ben Johnson running goal streaming down the wing, and the Pendlebury slow-motion dance through traffic, it's one of the great sights in football.

spot on. i rate frost very highly - the only 2 things that worry me are his ridiculously fumbly hands on the ground and his average kicking.

mind you to (draw another similarity to him), presti couldn't kick to save himself either for the first few years of his career...

So he fumbles and can't kick and I'll add his decision making isn't quite up to scratch,so what does he have going for him???
leonmagic Pisces

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 6:23 pm

mudlark wrote:
leonmagic wrote:
Tannin wrote:
Fair comments Inky.

So he fumbles and can't kick and I'll add his decision making isn't quite up to scratch,so what does he have going for him???

yeah sorry mate, my post was a little bit too positive for nick's.

let's try this one;

"he's useless".
mattys123 

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 6:28 pm

What? There's a football game?

What about the community? Wink

Anyway, selection will be interesting for both sides, hopefully they lose a few and we gain a few.

I just want to see us be competitive for a large period of the game, pretty hard to beat the premiership favourites with our current crop.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 6:31 pm

Is us be competitive for a large period of the game hard to beat the premiership favourites with our current crop a movie?
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 6:52 pm

Tannin wrote:

Frostie's big fist comes high over the top and smacks the pill 20 metres clear.

Tannin add to these Swanny taking his one on one body to body marks where he just stands there and the pill falls into his mits or the Ben Ried low trajectory 50m passes that hit our players on the chest.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:25 pm

Reid in for Sinclair apparently.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:31 pm

COLLINGWOOD v GEELONG CATS

Saturday May 21 at MCG, 1:45pm

MAGPIES

B: J.Frost, B.Reid, B.Maynard

HB: A.Oxley, A.Toovey, J.Howe

C: T.Varcoe, A.Treloar, S.Sidebottom

HF: J.De Goey, D.Moore, J.White

F: A.Fasolo, M.Cox, J.Blair

R: B.Grundy, S.Pendlebury, T.Adams

I/C: L.Greenwood, J.Crisp, B.Crocker, J.Smith

EMG: J.Witts, J.Marsh, M.Goodyear

IN: B.Reid

OUT: B.Sinclair (Concussion)

CATS

B: L.Henderson, T.Lonergan, C.Enright

HB: M.Blicavs, H.Taylor, A.Mackie

C: S.Motlop, J.Selwood, C.Guthrie

HF: S.Kersten, Z.Smith, C.Gregson

F: J.Bartel, T.Hawkins, D.Menzel

R: R.Stanley, M.Duncan, P.Dangerfield

I/C: J.Bews, J.Caddy, G.Horlin-Smith, D.Lang

EMG: B.Smedts, N.Vardy, T.Ruggles

IN: G.Horlin-Smith

OUT: T.Ruggles (Omitted)

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:33 pm

IN: Ben Reid
OUT: Ben Sinclair (concussion)

B: Jack Frost, Ben Reid, Brayden Maynard
HB: Adam Oxley, Alan Toovey, Jeremy Howe
C: Travis Varcoe, Adam Treloar, Steele Sidebottom
HF: Jordan De Goey, Darcy Moore, Jesse White
F: Alex Fasolo, Mason Cox, Jarryd Blair
Foll: Brodie Grundy, Scott Pendlebury, Taylor Adams
Int: Levi Greenwood, Jack Crisp, Ben Crocker, Josh Smith
Emg: Jarrod Witts, Jonathon Marsh, Matthew Goodyear

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:35 pm

Need Jesse to show the aggression he did last week, that has to become the norm, if he-Cox and Moore can all hit the scoreboard we'll be a chance, need 7+ goals out of that trio.

You like this.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:39 pm

Wonder if it's any coincidence that 2 of the quickest blokes on our list are listed as emergencies.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:42 pm

That'll be right. Get one back from injury (Reid) but lose one to injury (Sinclair) and one has to play injured (Cox). So down one net, but that's par for the course this year.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:43 pm

jackcass wrote:
Wonder if it's any coincidence that 2 of the quickest blokes on our list are listed as emergencies.

Only late change I'd consider is Marsh for Toovey, but then again I'd play Peter Hellier ahead Toovey.

You like this.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11   

Jump to: