Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Cats. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 6:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Museman wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Maynard out?? You've got to be kidding. This kid is playing great footy, is as tough as nails and is our best kick from defence.

Sure Marsh played very well in the VFL, but boy oh boy he turned it over a number of times through his wayward kicking.

Toovey may lose his spot if Reid is available, but that's the only change I'd make.

Shocked Shocked Shocked you enjoying that weed?

OX is by far our best, and Maynard though i agree is a tough is almost our worst as far as delivery, both with thought process and execution.

We've obviously been watching different games Museman. Confused

Oxley is a great mark but his kicks lack depth, whereas Maynard kicks long, fast and low. I'd estimate Maynard can kick 20 metres longer than Oxley. When judging Maynard, it's worth remembering that he is usually playing deep in defence under the most pressure, with little time to decide on his best option, whereas Oxley often plays a floating role across half back. I think Oxley is a very good player, but also rate Maynard similarly.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 6:38 pm

Howe, Oxley, Reid, Sinclair... etc have all been better users than Maynard this year. Maynard has a nice long boot on him, sure, but he makes far too many mistakes to be considered a safe user at this stage.
Number 35 

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 6:44 pm

I can't see us losing this game. If greenwood can shut down Dangerfield and we double team Hawkins. If all of pendles treloar Steele and Adams get over 27 touches. May I add I like Adams at half back. If cloke plays! If we get at least 8 goals from fasolo cloke Moore and white. If we get at least 8 goals from midfield and defense. If Grundy has a good game. And last but not least. IF we win contested ball and clearances. I want to see greenwood and Adams double team the **** out of Patrick in the first quarter. I want to see him hit hard. I want to see him driven into the dirt on each tackle. I want him to know his playing collingwood this week. And I want Grundy to line him up off the ball in the first quarter so he stays down for a bit. Remember me as the one who for tells Buckleys future champions. MCG vs Geelong on a cold afternoon. I can't wait. I'm salvitating. As £$%$ed as it sounds the best thing that happened to us was loosing to Carlton. I know how much that burns bucks. I feel sorry for the cats and the dogs. And soon we will return the favour to Carlton in spades. And ruin their romance with 2016 by 66 points. After we beat Fremantle by 4 points. Don't judge me yet nicksters. Just wait and see what comes next. If everything I said about the Geelong game happens. We will win by 23points.
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 7:02 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Museman wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Maynard out?? You've got to be kidding. This kid is playing great footy, is as tough as nails and is our best kick from defence.

Sure Marsh played very well in the VFL, but boy oh boy he turned it over a number of times through his wayward kicking.

Toovey may lose his spot if Reid is available, but that's the only change I'd make.

OX is by far our best, and Maynard though i agree is a tough is almost our worst as far as delivery, both with thought process and execution.

Oxley is a great mark but his kicks lack depth, whereas Maynard kicks long, fast and low. I'd estimate Maynard can kick 20 metres longer than Oxley. When judging Maynard, it's worth remembering that he is usually playing deep in defence under the most pressure, with little time to decide on his best option, whereas Oxley often plays a floating role across half back. I think Oxley is a very good player, but also rate Maynard similarly.

I'll offer the compromise. I think Maynard and Oxley have to stay in - both developing nicely and both nice kicks and improving. I can only comment on Marsh from what MB and others write in the VFL match report and based on that he needs to stay in the twos.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 7:04 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Howe, Oxley, Reid, Sinclair... etc have all been better users than Maynard this year. Maynard has a nice long boot on him, sure, but he makes far too many mistakes to be considered a safe user at this stage.

Agree but as with other aspects of his game I think his poise under pressure is improving with every senior game and as a consequence we are seeing gradual improvement in his decision making and use of the footy.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 7:06 pm

Number 35 wrote:
I can't see us losing this game. If greenwood can shut down Dangerfield and we double team Hawkins. If all of pendles treloar Steele and Adams get over 27 touches. May I add I like Adams at half back. If cloke plays! If we get at least 8 goals from fasolo cloke Moore and white. If we get at least 8 goals from midfield and defense. If Grundy has a good game. And last but not least. IF we win contested ball and clearances. I want to see greenwood and Adams double team the **** out of Patrick in the first quarter. I want to see him hit hard. I want to see him driven into the dirt on each tackle. I want him to know his playing collingwood this week. And I want Grundy to line him up off the ball in the first quarter so he stays down for a bit. Remember me as the one who for tells Buckleys future champions. MCG vs Geelong on a cold afternoon. I can't wait. I'm salvitating. As £$%$ed as it sounds the best thing that happened to us was loosing to Carlton. I know how much that burns bucks. I feel sorry for the cats and the dogs. And soon we will return the favour to Carlton in spades. And ruin their romance with 2016 by 66 points. After we beat Fremantle by 4 points. Don't judge me yet nicksters. Just wait and see what comes next. If everything I said about the Geelong game happens. We will win by 23points.

There are so many IF's in there that I'm almost convinced now we can't win. I hope you're happy!
Number 35 

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 7:20 pm

@ jackcass . sorry mate lol
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 7:26 pm

All good, love your optimism and it's a reflection of where we're at. Hope your right on the money.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 10:24 pm

Treloar will need to deal with Guthrie this week in a tussle that could determine our prospects in a big way. Greenwood will go to Danger and either Crisp or Adams will get Duckwood.

Dees beat us when they were up, so did the Saints, so did the Blues. Those losses don't look that bad now in what is a very even competition.

Having said that I think the Cats will eat us for dinner, we are still too many senior stars out with Swan, Elliott and Marley not there, that's assuming Redi plays. Brown would have been handy for Harry's F F Hawkins.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 11:27 pm

We really miss Sean rusling he used to torch the handbaggers

www.facebook/the hybernators
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 11:41 pm

Number 35 wrote:

I ilove your great optimism, hope you are right on smashing the bluescum at least, we were shite that day, and still nearly beat em,the silly media are overrating the scum hugely, they have not beaten anyone of note yet. As for the cats, as long as we are super comp I will be happy. Wink

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 11:44 pm

Not right now, maybe later.
DT 

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 12:44 am

Reid will come in and Toovey or Maynard will go out. Bit more optimistic about having a competitive effort this week. Credit to the coaches for rejigging the side to bring in Crocker and put Howe to half back
melliot 

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 12:48 am

dalyc wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Museman wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

I'll offer the compromise. I think Maynard and Oxley have to stay in - both developing nicely and both nice kicks and improving. I can only comment on Marsh from what MB and others write in the VFL match report and based on that he needs to stay in the twos.

I'm with museman on the Maynard comment. He is skittish with ball in hand. And like Seedsman, looks like a nice kick, but misses the target too often. I hope with 50 games behind him he'll settle down. Not saying he should be dropped. We are a development team and need to pump games into these guys.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 7:25 am

I IQed the cats crows game and watched it last night. A few things stood out for mine.
Dangerfield hates being knocked to the ground. He likes standing behind the contest and run through to get a quick handball release hitting it at speed.
To counter act that his opponent needs to stand front and centre of him and not give him a clear path. Would love to see DeGoey get first crack at him. He has the tools if he plays to his best. Rotate a couple players on him so the pressure never stops If Dangerfield goes forward then give Maynard the job.
Guthrie is a leg tangler by which I mean he likes to lock one of his legs between his opponent so they don't get mobile quickly. I'm guessing he will go to Pendles so I would be sending Pendles forward and make Guthrie defend. That also takes away his run and support player stoppages.
There back 6 arent the overly quick but are very experienced. We need to have clear paths for our big men. Use both Cox & Moore from deep one leading straight the other to the opposite pocket. Fasalo can then play the float across mark.
Hawkins isn't going great but he gets the ball to ground. We need to make sure we don't give the likes of Motlop space. He's generally front & centre of the contest so either Smith or Maynard need to wear him like a second hand shirt. Toovey (if he stays in) must be the chop out guy.i don't normally like playing a spare man back but we need to tighten our defence up. The cats don't mind a high scoring contest and aren't unbeatable by any stretch.
We can't afford to miss opportunities like last week. We won't get 43 shots on goals this week so we have to maximise our chances.
If Cox doesn't play then it's either Cloke or Witts in with Grundy playing forward if it Witts.
I would love Reid back as we will need his intercepting skills. Howe could be very important in defence.
Look if we show the same intensity and desire we did last week then we are a fighters chance.
Do I expect us to win maybe not but do I think we can absolutely.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11   

Jump to: