Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

I'd struggle.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 1:58 am
Post subject: I'd struggle.Reply with quote

Kellys op went ok. Smile

Had her usual adverse reaction to ana whateva.

I'm home by myself... well petes here but shes just an 8 month old bitch.

Cleaning cooking n stuff with the washing machine...... I think my mum wrecked it all for me by ironing the pillow cases and t towels Confused

I've got weeks of this and ....... ****, to be honest, I don't know... I just don'tknoew

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 1:59 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

All the best to you Skids. Hang in there! Smile
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:39 am

Hang in there dude, none of it's hard once you get used to it.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:40 am

"it" being [quote] Just think of the ants as hundreds of tiny puppies?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 11:15 am

Two days after hubbies op I say to him "you want some lunch" he thinks a while, tilts his head and says "can you get two eggs, crack them in a bowl, mix in a bit of milk, and fry it so it's lumpy?" I say "so you want scrambled eggs?" Two seconds later my boss rings and says "how's it going, do you need another week off?" Me "if you really need me I can come back tomorrow, possibly this afternoon". "Ah" she's says"see you Monday"!

Irons pillow case? Actually yeah my mum did too, and dish clothes! Bugger that, I toss everything in the dryer for a few minutes, no wrinkles! Just chuck a little wool wash in with the regular washing powder/liquid! I iron about once a month!

Glad the missus came through okay, hope you both heal quickly and then have some fun relaxing. Practice for retirement! Cheers!

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 11:51 am

Oh no.... Got pretty pissy watching the game last night.
Left the dog inside, she's spewed on my quilt cover, that's in the washing machine.... what are all these programs??? I just wanna wash it!

Kitchen looks like a bombs hit it.... how is this possible? I had pizza delivered ??

I need some easy to cook recipes TP..... none of my 3 daughters are anywhere to be seen.

Bowl of Nutri grain and a coffee and I'm off to the hospital.
Oh yeah, gotta hang this thing on the line don't I.

partypie 

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 12:19 pm

Hi Skids

I found coming home and the prospect of weeks of boredom pretty daunting but it hasn't turned out that way at all.

You will be fine, Kelly will be up and around soon and won't be able to lift anything heavier than 2kg for a couple of months. I've coped pretty well mostly on my own( my daughter has been 'helping' when her work and social life permits) with housework and cooking for nearly 6 weeks so I'm sure you can.

the docs will want her to walk for exercise and be mildly active (no vacuuming!) to facilitate healing and prevent blood clots.

You can always get a cleaner to come and help out, which I was going to do but I haven't needed to. I did stock up on frozen meals that I cooked prior to surgery and I did find some cooking a bit much for a while and good food is a pretty important as the op really messes with the digestive system.

I got a new folding push bike yesterday and had a little ride on it (no hills yet) and am looking forward to getting around on that.

It's been different being off work and not being able to do a lot but I've gotten to know my neighbours, reconnected with an old friend I haven't seen for decades, eaten out a lot and learned to slow down when I feel tired.

Best wishes, it's great you are there.

It's a great chance for you to really look after you both and get as healthy and fit as you can for the marathon.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 12:29 pm

Hehehe

How old are the daughters?

(Ps I could live on cereal! I hardly ever eat it now, not even for brekky, but we can still rival Seinfeld for variety! I just love the stuff!)

Easy to cook? Have a look in Safeway, they have some really good dishes like 8 hour slow cooked lamb or pulled pork, all you do is reheat in the oven, and they are yum! Can't go past veggie soups when your recovering, especially in winter. Where the fluid stock is in the supermarket, they have some new flavours with recipes on the pack. I picked up a few the other day, and made one up. You just chop some onion, carrot, pumpkin, and I added sweet potato instead of white ones. Get a big non stick pot, cook the onion in a little olive (I used coconut) oil, then add the other veggies and stock, simmer a while, then either put in the blender (I just used a sick blender), serve with a dash of sour cream and a little cinnamon (supposed to use nutmeg, but I don't like it) and even the daughter who's not keen on many veggies commented on it! I'm making a triple batch tomorrow! You can serve it up with some chicken (Coles cooked chooks are cheap now). Soup is good because when your not feeling the best it's easy and comforting, also, your recovering system doesn't have to work hard to get all the goodness (yes those smoothies and juices really work!). I'll look the name up I think it was a Thai base or something. I bought every flavour! It's too easy!

Edit it's Moroccon!

Last edited by think positive on Sun May 15, 2016 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
partypie 

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 12:30 pm

Ps just saw your previous post - can't cook eh?

Start with mastering making a good breakfast and work your way up from there.

Find a good cafe that makes healthy food. I found great hand made tortellini at a restaurant in Perth that would do takeaway when I first got out of King Edward. Pasta has sustained me since
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 1:28 pm

Skids wrote:
Oh no.... Got pretty pissy watching the game last night.
Left the dog inside, she's spewed on my quilt cover, that's in the washing machine.... what are all these programs??? I just wanna wash it!

Kitchen looks like a bombs hit it.... how is this possible? I had pizza delivered ??

I need some easy to cook recipes TP..... none of my 3 daughters are anywhere to be seen.

Bowl of Nutri grain and a coffee and I'm off to the hospital.
Oh yeah, gotta hang this thing on the line don't I.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 1:29 pm

partypie wrote:
Hi Skids

I found coming home and the prospect of weeks of boredom pretty daunting but it hasn't turned out that way at all.

You will be fine, Kelly will be up and around soon and won't be able to lift anything heavier than 2kg for a couple of months. I've coped pretty well mostly on my own( my daughter has been 'helping' when her work and social life permits) with housework and cooking for nearly 6 weeks so I'm sure you can.

the docs will want her to walk for exercise and be mildly active (no vacuuming!) to facilitate healing and prevent blood clots.

You can always get a cleaner to come and help out, which I was going to do but I haven't needed to. I did stock up on frozen meals that I cooked prior to surgery and I did find some cooking a bit much for a while and good food is a pretty important as the op really messes with the digestive system.

I got a new folding push bike yesterday and had a little ride on it (no hills yet) and am looking forward to getting around on that.

It's been different being off work and not being able to do a lot but I've gotten to know my neighbours, reconnected with an old friend I haven't seen for decades, eaten out a lot and learned to slow down when I feel tired.

Best wishes, it's great you are there.

It's a great chance for you to really look after you both and get as healthy and fit as you can for the marathon.

Good advice, I love your can do attitude xx

Good to hear your recovering so well xx

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 1:47 pm

Thanks people Smile
At hospital now. Kelly can't keep any food or meds down. Got a temp and her BP was low...... few tubes on her now.... Sad

Middle daughter just rang, she's picking up stuff to cook dinner tonight.

I will get the big slow cooker out and cranking tomorrow.
12k run when I leave here. Quick clean up of the house then back here later.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 2:25 pm

Dude, if you've got a slow cooker, problem solvered.

Go to the supermarket and go to where the salt and pepper is and there's these packet mixes for slow cookers that have a recipe on the back. Couldn't be easier, just follow the recipe, chop stuff up, chuck it in, mix it all up, turn on low and go away for 8 hours.

To cook pasta or rice to have with it, all you have to be able to do is boil water and tell time. Wink

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 5:03 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Dude, if you've got a slow cooker, problem solvered.

Go to the supermarket and go to where the salt and pepper is and there's these packet mixes for slow cookers that have a recipe on the back. Couldn't be easier, just follow the recipe, chop stuff up, chuck it in, mix it all up, turn on low and go away for 8 hours.

To cook pasta or rice to have with it, all you have to be able to do is boil water and tell time. Wink

Sweet, that's me Cool.

Tin of tuna for lunch. Did the 12k run, washings on the line.

There's a big pile of dry washing on my bed..... Confused when are these daughters of mine guna show up? Eldest is hungover, youngest is at work, middle says she'll be home to cook dinner tonight Smile

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:29 pm

BAM!

Got a spare tray in the hospital for diner.
Back home now, beds made, washing is away, dishes done and food for tomorrow Smile

Lovely daughters.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: