Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Bucks reads the Riot Act...... and it worked.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 9:42 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. After a quiet return from injury, Beams is really hitting his one-paced, slow, outside, hack straps again - he's the secret ingredient for genuine success against the Bears.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 9:43 am

I've said in a few earlier posts that a few of our players need a rocket up their rear ends given some of the performances I've witnessed. I'm glad Buckley has finally read the riot act to the players. It's obvious to me that Buckley loves the players and the players love him back. But love will get you only so far. It's a war zone out on the footy field and that's the way the players should treat it.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 9:48 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Yep. After a quiet return from injury, Beams is really hitting his one-paced, slow, outside, hack straps again - he's the secret ingredient for genuine success against the Bears.

Been injured all season. Second game back. Still played OK before being taken off at three quarter time.
derkd 

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:19 am

Great win last night by the boys, really pleased they showed a bit of fight and tenacity.

But we have to now back up this effort against the cats (we don't have to win) just play with some of the same fight we showed. If we can't then we are back in the same place we were the week before.

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:56 am

Krakouer Magic wrote:
We played the lions...

Anyone heard the term flat track bullies before? Our list is top 6 worthy and has been for the last 4 years. Until we do it for 4 quarters against a half decent side we are kidding ourselves. We lost to carlton FFS???? And primarily due to a coaching staff that refused to just go man on man.

Respectable win tonight. But tonight is nothing I didnt expect vs the lions before the season started. And I expected us to beat St Kilda, Melbourne and Carlton before the season started. Tonight is hardly anything to crow about. We beat a bottom 4 side, hurrah!

I hear what you are saying but had we won by 10-20 points or god forbid, lost, people on your negative mind set would say we should have won by 70-80 points. Well, we did just that, so try and enjoy it. I reckon Sydney, Nth, GWS, Geelong would have beaten them by a similar margin laast night and they are in the top bracket apparently.

As for the Carlton game, its done, it hurt but it's time to get over it and move on.

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 8:12 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Interesting Neil, what is your source ? They really did look like they had renewed their vows this week.

The source is impeccable Mugwump. This isn't a mate of a mate sort of thing. It comes from within. It definitely happened and from what I was told, the leadership players loved it. I gather there has been a feeling that Bucks backs the players a bit too much. He never names individuals and even when the dogs are barking in Nick's, he resists the urge to join in. Smart man that Bucks.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 8:17 pm

Great, thanks Neil. I always love your perspective on the Pies, as it is always credible.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:36 am

After what pendles said yesterday and what Bucks said on 360 Monday night, my source was right on the money. Think I'll start buying him a few more brandies. Actually, he has never delivered much in the past despite my begging.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:21 am

But Bucks can't coach. Rolling Eyes
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:42 am

Interesting that Pendles thought Buckley wasn't hard enough on the players (as mentioned on SEN this morning)...
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 4:18 pm

I heard that the new consultant hired to lead the team review and discussions was hard - real hard and ruthless… i think his name was jez…?

Unfortunately he burnt too bright and after his 'golden spray' has not been seen since? Rumours going around the club is that he was either an angel sent from above or perhaps the anti-christ from the other place!

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 4:35 pm

yin-YANG wrote:
I heard that the new consultant hired to lead the team review and discussions was hard - real hard and ruthless… i think his name was jez…?

Unfortunately he burnt too bright and after his 'golden spray' has not been seen since? Rumours going around the club is that he was either an angel sent from above or perhaps the anti-christ from the other place!

Jezebel was no messiah, just a very naughty boy.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:46 pm

yin-YANG wrote:

Gold! Nearly wet myself laughing

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:16 pm

yin-YANG wrote:

Jez07 has done his job.
He has shook up the place and he will be back.
He is connected very well to the Pies and is going nowhere.
Well at least he made Nicks a bit more interesting for a while.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:16 pm

dp
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: