Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Adam Treloar

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 10:55 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

mudlark wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
I look forward to you having a go at explaining to me precisely which part of my post warranted your I'll-tempered outburst. Take as long as you like. Try to focus (as best you can manage) on identifying the bit where I said he doesn't break lines. My comment was a response to another poster saying Treloar is leading in the Copeland. I said, in substance, that wasn't why we got him. I think you might find that you've wandered onto the stage a bit late and found yourself speaking the wrong lines.

It's a pretty simple task P4S. I'll start withe the "Even B grade Beams won one of these". Quite simply you are inferring Trealor is B grade because he is in the same ilk as Beams,"B" grade.You then reinforced your argument by saying he breaks the lines so the "REAL"?? footballers can do the WHAT??Pendlebury and Swan play much better football when they are together and you will find when Taylor Adams plays Trealor will exponentially play better because as "TEAM mates ,they compliment each other in all they do. To put this young man in a sentence with"B" grade and Not REAL footballer is a Farking insult to Trealor and anyone who has any insight into football.Me thinks you're in reverse and pedalling hard.

I actually thought he was saying Treloar is better than Beams whom he doesn't rate. I think the rest was just saying that Treloar offers great support to our best established players. Funny how people interpret what is posted.
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 1:08 pm

Just an absolute Jet above Jets if that's a thing.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 1:12 pm

Well yes, jc. But since half a dozen people have jumped on my post (some less generously than others), I will try to be a little less oblique in future.

My view about Treloar is that we should hasten slowly - on the one hand, you can only thrash whoever they put on you but, on the other hand, he wasn't up against a star-studded midfield at the weekend, either.

That said, I wasn't posting about him at all really - I was taking the opportunity to mock Beams (as I do, at every chance) and to offer a graceful nod toward those in the cheap seats who have bagged Sidebottom for years and those others who have been picking on Pendlebury in more recent times.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:21 pm

jackcass wrote:
mudlark wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
I look forward to you having a go at explaining to me precisely which part of my post warranted your I'll-tempered outburst. Take as long as you like. Try to focus (as best you can manage) on identifying the bit where I said he doesn't break lines. My comment was a response to another poster saying Treloar is leading in the Copeland. I said, in substance, that wasn't why we got him. I think you might find that you've wandered onto the stage a bit late and found yourself speaking the wrong lines.

It's a pretty simple task P4S. I'll start withe the "Even B grade Beams won one of these". Quite simply you are inferring Trealor is B grade because he is in the same ilk as Beams,"B" grade.You then reinforced your argument by saying he breaks the lines so the "REAL"?? footballers can do the WHAT??Pendlebury and Swan play much better football when they are together and you will find when Taylor Adams plays Trealor will exponentially play better because as "TEAM mates ,they compliment each other in all they do. To put this young man in a sentence with"B" grade and Not REAL footballer is a Farking insult to Trealor and anyone who has any insight into football.Me thinks you're in reverse and pedalling hard.

I actually thought he was saying Treloar is better than Beams whom he doesn't rate. I think the rest was just saying that Treloar offers great support to our best established players. Funny how people interpret what is posted.

The way I see it was trealor got shit canned for his Carlton game and TBH he was the only midfielder and little or no support but had a go and was heavily tagged.Add Adams to the mix and all of a sudden they both can't be successfully held.I think he ws comparing Beams and Trealor."Even B grade Beams won one of these" screams they are of a similar ilk to me at least,but I sense anything I say goes against your grain a bit Jackass.not that I care that much TBH.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:24 pm

Well perhaps - alternatively, you could accept from me (since I have already said so) that jc read my post the way I had intended.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:25 pm

mudlark wrote:
jackcass wrote:
mudlark wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

The way I see it was trealor got shit canned for his Carlton game and TBH he was the only midfielder and little or no support but had a go and was heavily tagged.Add Adams to the mix and all of a sudden they both can't be successfully held.I think he ws comparing Beams and Trealor."Even B grade Beams won one of these" screams they are of a similar ilk to me at least,but I sense anything I say goes against your grain a bit Jackass.not that I care that much TBH.

Not at all, agree with most of what you post. Just noting that interpretation can be a funny thing.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:27 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Well perhaps - alternatively, you could accept from me (since I have already said so) that jc read my post the way I had intended.
Interesting. I get .
mudlark 

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:47 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Well yes, jc. But since half a dozen people have jumped on my post (some less generously than others), I will try to be a little less oblique in future.

My view about Treloar is that we should hasten slowly - on the one hand, you can only thrash whoever they put on you but, on the other hand, he wasn't up against a star-studded midfield at the weekend, either.

That said, I wasn't posting about him at all really - I was taking the opportunity to mock Beams (as I do, at every chance) and to offer a graceful nod toward those in the cheap seats who have bagged Sidebottom for years and those others who have been picking on Pendlebury in more recent times.

According to a few football "Experts",The game was to be won from the Lions midfield,which consists of Zorko,Rich,Beams(Premiership player) and Christienson(Premiership player) .To say it's not star studded,is a bit of an insult as it was this mid field that almost got the job done against the Swans 2 weeks prior. Daniel Rich is as good a mid as any going round.Zorco was their biggest possession getter,The other 2 were Premiership players and I'm sure most people will agree that Beams was considered a lot higher on the scale than a "B grader" and was clearly in the Swan and Pendles mould at his best. Our amid field,which is very good,was better on the night and will continue to improve and if we had Swan in there you could easily say it would be a superior all round mid field,to Geelong.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:52 pm

Um, no. Daniel Rich is not as good as any mid going around. He's a very good midfielder, but I can name at least 20 midfielders who are better. So he's not as good as any mid going around.

As an aside, Treloar needs to learn how to slow down a little when he sprints through 50 so he can slot the running goal as he's missed a few on the run at full speed.

mudlark 

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 3:23 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Um, no. Daniel Rich is not as good as any mid going around. He's a very good midfielder, but I can name at least 20 midfielders who are better. So he's not as good as any mid going around.

As an aside, Treloar needs to learn how to slow down a little when he sprints through 50 so he can slot the running goal as he's missed a few on the run at full speed.

Name away!!!
leonmagic Pisces

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 3:30 pm

mudlark wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:

Name away!!!

1. dangerfield
2. pendlebury
3. treloar
4. mitchell
5. boak
6. zaharakis
7. kennedy (syd)
8. ablett
9. neale
10. sheil
11. viney
12. parker
13. selwood
14. n. jones
15. swan
16. martin
17. cripps
18. vince
19. gray
20. priddis

could probably name about 10 more to be honest (and i'm sure i've forgotten some obvious ones)
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 4:01 pm

fyfe
congilio
liberatore
gaff
steven
.... etc

Flashman 

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 6:29 pm

John Wren wrote:
Flashman wrote:
Look forward all you want but you know what you've been hinting at re Trealor since he walked into the club and throwing crap about him taking the pressure off "real footballers" is as obvious in it's insinuation as it is unfair.

Maybe take a look at his metres gained for our club and you might get a better picture of whether he breaks the lines or not (and failing that you could even try watching him play).

Yeah I get that you don't rate midfielders that highly (much preferring highly paid underperforming VFL forwards) but trying to sound smart at the expense of a guy who hasn't put a foot wrong since he's been at he club in terms of output and professionalism is poor.

You like pointing the finger at trolls but your opinions on Trealor are very troll like now.

I enjoy your posts generally (very droll and funny) but I think you're way off base in this regard and that's all I'll say right now and I've deleted my previous post because it caused you offense.

so, what you're saying is p4s is a droll troll. or is he a mole? it's taking it's toll, time we had another poll. lol.

Don't stop there when you were on a roll.

My issue with p4s is he made Adam Trealor sound like a poor mans Richard Cole.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 6:37 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:

Agreed; its tightening up a few little things like that that will make him a true Jet.

Also agreed he looks a tonne better when Adams is playing, in fact Adams makes many players look better.

I will admit I was one of many who had my doubts about Adams...sometimes its nice to be wrong

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 6:38 pm

Flashman wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Flashman wrote:
Look forward all you want but you know what you've been hinting at re Trealor since he walked into the club and throwing crap about him taking the pressure off "real footballers" is as obvious in it's insinuation as it is unfair.

Maybe take a look at his metres gained for our club and you might get a better picture of whether he breaks the lines or not (and failing that you could even try watching him play).

Yeah I get that you don't rate midfielders that highly (much preferring highly paid underperforming VFL forwards) but trying to sound smart at the expense of a guy who hasn't put a foot wrong since he's been at he club in terms of output and professionalism is poor.

You like pointing the finger at trolls but your opinions on Trealor are very troll like now.

I enjoy your posts generally (very droll and funny) but I think you're way off base in this regard and that's all I'll say right now and I've deleted my previous post because it caused you offense.

so, what you're saying is p4s is a droll troll. or is he a mole? it's taking it's toll, time we had another poll. lol.

Don't stop there when you were on a roll.

My issue with p4s is he made Adam Trealor sound like a poor mans Richard Cole.

Hey, hey, hey...I know emotions are running high, but lets not say anything we can't take back! Laughing

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 4 of 13   

Jump to: