Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Adam Treloar

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 8:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
We didn't recruit him to win the Copeland. Even Beams, who is barely a B grader, won one of those. We recruited Treloar to break lines through the middle of the park and to take the pressure of the real footballers (Pendlebury and Sidebottom).
Yes, even that.
Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
We didn't recruit him to win the Copeland. Even Beams, who is barely a B grader, won one of those. We recruited Treloar to break lines through the middle of the park and to take the pressure of the real footballers (Pendlebury and Sidebottom).

This is precisely what he's doing, so you have your wish.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 9:01 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

I have always agreed with you on Beams, who seemed to me very overrated - gets it a lot on the outside, amd does not do much with it - but Treloar bgot it out AND broke lines time and again yesterday, far more than sidey, and he did release Pendlebury just as you asked.

derkd 

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 9:10 pm

Looks like a really good player. But i willl hold back the "gun" title till I see a full season body of work. Two top ten picks is a large outlay for a player. Not his problem, but right or wrong he will be judged against his output.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 9:11 pm

Interesting comparsion.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 9:30 pm

Last week too many dinky little handballs in close. This week much better. Hard to be critical. He's been one of our best all year.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 1:06 am

I look forward to you having a go at explaining to me precisely which part of my post warranted your I'll-tempered outburst. Take as long as you like. Try to focus (as best you can manage) on identifying the bit where I said he doesn't break lines. My comment was a response to another poster saying Treloar is leading in the Copeland. I said, in substance, that wasn't why we got him. I think you might find that you've wandered onto the stage a bit late and found yourself speaking the wrong lines.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 1:38 am

Look forward all you want but you know what you've been hinting at re Trealor since he walked into the club and throwing crap about him taking the pressure off "real footballers" is as obvious in it's insinuation as it is unfair.

Maybe take a look at his metres gained for our club and you might get a better picture of whether he breaks the lines or not (and failing that you could even try watching him play).

Yeah I get that you don't rate midfielders that highly (much preferring highly paid underperforming VFL forwards) but trying to sound smart at the expense of a guy who hasn't put a foot wrong since he's been at he club in terms of output and professionalism is poor.

You like pointing the finger at trolls but your opinions on Trealor are very troll like now.

I enjoy your posts generally (very droll and funny) but I think you're way off base in this regard and that's all I'll say right now and I've deleted my previous post because it caused you offense.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 9:15 am

Neil Appleby wrote:
mudlark wrote:
Funny!! A couple of days ago people were saying we gave up 2 draft picks for this spud,dud,useless prick Etc when we "perceptive fellow" knew better.

Precisely mudlark, I was about to make this point myself. BTW, the word lollypop and "perceptive fellow" seems to be in vogue this last few weeks in Nick's. Can't say I have ever heard or read it anywhere else. Is it a Wizard of Oz reference?

Oddly enough Neil,I hadn't heard this terminology either until I saw it on Nicks and quickly equated the term with the muppets and all of a sudden it dawned on me only muppets use it and I was merely quoting the word.I should have used exclamation marks to enhance my meaning. Very Happy
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 9:24 am

Flashman wrote:
Look forward all you want but you know what you've been hinting at re Trealor since he walked into the club and throwing crap about him taking the pressure off "real footballers" is as obvious in it's insinuation as it is unfair.

Maybe take a look at his metres gained for our club and you might get a better picture of whether he breaks the lines or not (and failing that you could even try watching him play).

Yeah I get that you don't rate midfielders that highly (much preferring highly paid underperforming VFL forwards) but trying to sound smart at the expense of a guy who hasn't put a foot wrong since he's been at he club in terms of output and professionalism is poor.

You like pointing the finger at trolls but your opinions on Trealor are very troll like now.

I enjoy your posts generally (very droll and funny) but I think you're way off base in this regard and that's all I'll say right now and I've deleted my previous post because it caused you offense.

so, what you're saying is p4s is a droll troll. or is he a mole? it's taking it's toll, time we had another poll. lol.

mudlark 

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 9:28 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
I look forward to you having a go at explaining to me precisely which part of my post warranted your I'll-tempered outburst. Take as long as you like. Try to focus (as best you can manage) on identifying the bit where I said he doesn't break lines. My comment was a response to another poster saying Treloar is leading in the Copeland. I said, in substance, that wasn't why we got him. I think you might find that you've wandered onto the stage a bit late and found yourself speaking the wrong lines.

It's a pretty simple task P4S. I'll start withe the "Even B grade Beams won one of these". Quite simply you are inferring Trealor is B grade because he is in the same ilk as Beams,"B" grade.You then reinforced your argument by saying he breaks the lines so the "REAL"?? footballers can do the WHAT??Pendlebury and Swan play much better football when they are together and you will find when Taylor Adams plays Trealor will exponentially play better because as "TEAM mates ,they compliment each other in all they do. To put this young man in a sentence with"B" grade and Not REAL footballer is a Farking insult to Trealor and anyone who has any insight into football.Me thinks you're in reverse and pedalling hard.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 9:34 am

John Wren wrote:
Flashman wrote:

so, what you're saying is p4s is a droll troll. or is he a mole? it's taking it's toll, time we had another poll. lol.

He's a poet
'Though we didn't know it....
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 9:58 am

Treloar is a damn good footballer - he will be heralded as elite in the comp in a year or two and is one of only a few players at our club I would rank in the AFL top 50…

Pendles, Sidey, Treloar, Reid and Elliott

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 10:12 am

Neil Appleby wrote:
mudlark wrote:
Funny!! A couple of days ago people were saying we gave up 2 draft picks for this spud,dud,useless prick Etc when we "perceptive fellow" knew better.

Precisely mudlark, I was about to make this point myself. BTW, the word lollypop and "perceptive fellow" seems to be in vogue this last few weeks in Nick's. Can't say I have ever heard or read it anywhere else. Is it a Wizard of Oz reference?

it's been around for a while now. the "sunshine and lollipops brigade". all a bit childish. so too, the term "sad saacks". it seems only one supposed "faction" likes to use the labels on a regular basis. it is what it is, i guess.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2ct6x_lesley-gore-sunshine-lollipops-rain_music

King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 10:51 am

Superstar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13   

Jump to: