Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies lash Lions. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 11:20 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mugwump wrote:
Happy to hear it - what did you see as his role ? I thought it was to give us run and line-breaking speed out of the backline. I really like the kid, and i think that he, Oxley, Ramsay and Willams will be the talented core of our running backline in the years to come, so I'm pleased if his actual game yestrday was better than i noted in passing.

Played more a lock down role for mine. Bears had a heap of dangerous small forwards and really Zorko was the only one to get off the leash.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 11:26 am

^Keep calling them the BEARS too mate, Lions fans hate it, hate to be reminded of their shithouse history, before the League gave em the earth with draft picks and millions. ! Yep, the BEARS !! LOL

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 10:06 pm

Loved the way we moved the ball from the back half and swept down the ground in numbers. We took the game to the Lions and did a good job locking it in our forward half.

Treloar was in nearly every one of those chains. Pendles was smooth as usual. Adams did well as a defensive mid. Blair got involved, and White pulled his finger out. Howe is actually a nice kick and we need good kicks coming out of the defence.

Much improved performance by Grundy. Looked like he was given a rocket from last week and responded. We need that aggression from him every week. He seems to be a bit of a barometer for the whole team.

Mason Cox looks like he makes the opposition nervous, and is a good bail-out option to the top of the square if other options are not there. Leading and jumping at the ball makes him nearly unstoppable to spoil.

In saying this, it's hard to gauge how good we were as Lions were pathetic. Can't complain about that performance though, even though the media has given us zero credit this week. Seems like they only like it when the Pies lose. The Sundy Age came up with the headline "Pies poor but Lions lamentable". Being described as "poor" after an 80 point win? Really?
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 4:37 pm

hey all, am I reading the AFL site right that you can no longer watch the match replays? Seems you have to have an AFL Live Subscription.... anyone know?
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 7:54 pm

I can watch it on Smart replay without logging in: http://www.afl.com.au/video/smart-replay

If that doesn't work, you can also watch it here Wink

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=22541&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=966
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 8:02 pm

Bucks5 wrote:
I can watch it on Smart replay without logging in: http://www.afl.com.au/video/smart-replay

If that doesn't work, you can also watch it here Wink

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=22541&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=966

Thanks mate, life saver. Didn't get to see the first 3/4 because of Auskick duties! Just watched the first 3 minutes.... could not have predicted what was about to happen based on that 180 seconds!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10   

Jump to: