Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies lash Lions. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 6:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
Correct weight inky.

I'd just add, that besides our opening loss to the Swans, despite losing to a few middle of the table teams, we have actually been competitive in all those games, even against Carlton last week. A club is in crisis when it is getting smashed each week. Despite our horrendous injury list, Bucks has had us in winning positions virtually every game since the Swans drug saga debacle.

how good are richo and his saints going? 57-7 in the first quarter. made our first quarter against the eagles look competitive.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 6:42 pm

58pie wrote:
Needs some fine tuning if we are to get anywhere near the cats. Backline looked suspect in second half so I hope Reid is back. Bucks always talks up Sinclair but this 7 disposals? Gota praise Blair even though I have been a knocker. Did Greenwood & Toovey do enough? Perhaps Darcy needs some help. Go Pies

I'm a Sinclair fan but i thought he was disappointing last night, especially given the downhill run. Perhaps those two weeks out with concussion cost him a little sharpness. I hope and expect he'll be better with run and carry next week.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 6:55 pm

John Wren wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Correct weight inky.

I'd just add, that besides our opening loss to the Swans, despite losing to a few middle of the table teams, we have actually been competitive in all those games, even against Carlton last week. A club is in crisis when it is getting smashed each week. Despite our horrendous injury list, Bucks has had us in winning positions virtually every game since the Swans drug saga debacle.

how good are richo and his saints going? 57-7 in the first quarter. made our first quarter against the eagles look competitive.

yes, and the Deeeees are well n truly back in their box too. Thought they were utter champs beating an undermannrd Pies, cant wait to play those silver tail mongrels again Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:58 pm

johno wrote:
just got home

terrible game ...no atmosphere...for a Collingwood game

we won but..twenty something behinds

4 points ..nothing more

yeah well you were not sitting next to a blonde bombshell! who was happy to
talk about anything but footy. a relief from the bullshit we hear and read everyday and it made the win so much better because it was over in the second 1/4.
well done pies, thoroughly enjoyed the game and the atmosphere the pie supporters bring to town.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 9:12 pm

Double.

Last edited by AN_Inkling on Sun May 15, 2016 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 9:12 pm

Mugwump wrote:
58pie wrote:
Needs some fine tuning if we are to get anywhere near the cats. Backline looked suspect in second half so I hope Reid is back. Bucks always talks up Sinclair but this 7 disposals? Gota praise Blair even though I have been a knocker. Did Greenwood & Toovey do enough? Perhaps Darcy needs some help. Go Pies

I'm a Sinclair fan but i thought he was disappointing last night, especially given the downhill run. Perhaps those two weeks out with concussion cost him a little sharpness. I hope and expect he'll be better with run and carry next week.

I thought what he did he did well. Didn't get enough of it, but there weren't too many opportunities for a defender in that game.

Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 9:27 pm

Agree, he has great pace and god knows we need that. I love that he goes straight at it. Hence unfortunately the concussions. Do you think he might take Motlop or Menzel? I to hope Reid is back to help out this week though.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:00 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
58pie wrote:

I thought what he did he did well. Didn't get enough of it, but there weren't too many opportunities for a defender in that game.

Started well then faded, i thought. Oxley did a lot more damage from a similar spot amd opportunities.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:12 pm

jackcass wrote:
Well that was a step in the right direction. Need to improve again to compete with the pussies next up.

Agreed. As many have already stated, the critical run and carry and spread was evident last night. Let's hope we see it again next week.

Big T wrote:
Reckon Grundy is screwed regularly by the maggots.

Oh FMD, I know. It's like I watch the contest, then wait for the whistle to see what pedantic decision the fucktards manifest to sabotage us.

Big T wrote:
Yes Blair played well. But he generally does against crap unaccountable sides. I would like to see him step up against some good sides, starting with Geelong next week.

Totally; show us the money Blair, and we'll get off your case. Deal?

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:35 pm

Jezza wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Jezza wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
I have NFI. Why do we need these juvenile names to label people with different opinions? This sad saack/lollipop stuff is bullshit. Aren't we all Collingwood supporters?

I'm fed up with these names! We're Collingwood supporters at the end of the day even if we don't always agree with one another on certain issues.

For what it's worth, I'm still not convinced we've turned the corner yet but regardless of one's position on the coach and the issues currently surrounding our club you have to be happy with tonight's performance and result.

Well, some are - Thomsoc is a Collingwood supoorter, and so is Bob Sugar. I am a lot less convinced about the Jez called Wolf. I think they have a different opinion about Collingwood - my opinion is that it's the greatest club and the one i support. Their opinion seems to be the opposite.

I reckon Jez is, knows to much about our history not to be.

I must admit even though he does raise some valid points from time to time I'm skeptical if he's a genuine supporter.

The fact I didn't see him post once tonight in the game on thread makes me doubt whether he's a genuine Collingwood supporter or not.

Rarely bother posting in the game on thread, way too much anger and emotion for my taste.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:53 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Unless Geelong trains on bourbon all week, they will beat Last night's Collingwood side by about 12 to 14 goals.

I see what you did there!
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:57 pm

Mugwump wrote:
58pie wrote:

Disagree. Watch a replay. Look at all the little things he does. Played his role and that doesn't always mean run and carry.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 11:14 pm

Happy to hear it - what did you see as his role ? I thought it was to give us run and line-breaking speed out of the backline. I really like the kid, and i think that he, Oxley, Ramsay and Willams will be the talented core of our running backline in the years to come, so I'm pleased if his actual game yestrday was better than i noted in passing.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 9:42 am

Crisp was back to his best. Hie defensive pressure set up a lot of turnovers which resulted in goals. I am surprised no one has mentioned him.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 9:49 am

Culprit wrote:
Crisp was back to his best. Hie defensive pressure set up a lot of turnovers which resulted in goals. I am surprised no one has mentioned him.

Exactly right - Crisp, Greenwood and De Goey are the main 3 mids that need to step up for the Pies to be a good team… we know that Pendles, Treloar, Sidey and Adams will get the pill and generally use it well, however the other 3 are the keys to making our midfield top shelf! Great to see Crisp fire up against his old team… hoping for something similar from Varcoe this week Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10   

Jump to: