Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies lash Lions. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flashman 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 11:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
Flashman wrote:
By the way the Grundy knockers can get stuffed.

He isn't perfect (as the kick across goal will attest to) but he is a raw talent. Get his jump timing right and when he learns to clunk his marks with more regularity (he took some good ones tonight though) and we'll have an A grader. All the other elements are there. He plays from now on no questions asked imo.

Good call Flashman. Most of us are way too impatient with players' development, especially ruckmen. The last couple of weeks he has started to clunk a few, and though his timing at ruck contests is still a bit wonky, he is showing he can get up high. If he continues to improve he'll be a beauty.

His form has been solid, last week excepted, and for a kid who has at least been thrown to the lions as much as Josh Fraser ever was he's been bloody good since day dot for mine.

Get a Simon Madden type to Collingwood to teach the kid the art of timing, body placement and boundary throw in mechanics and he'll improve out of sight. He's already good and he could be outstanding.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 11:49 pm

Piesnchess wrote:

ONE would think so mate, but when you have posters saying garbage like " sack Bucks thread, will be back next week, enjoy Bucks win against worst team in League"you surely have to wonder. Confused Confused

Mate, anyone not happy with that win isn't a Pies supporter.

When life thrusts imbeciles and/or Carlton supporters upon you, sidestep and keep walking.

MP magpie 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 11:50 pm

First post. Long time Nicks reader.

Lions were terrible, but might be what our guys need- some confidence in the on-field setups and structures.

Big test next week, we will need to step up a few gears.
think better 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 11:50 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Beams Who?

Interesting Beams only had 7 posessions in the last half - I haven't seen any vision - did we tag him?

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 11:51 pm

MP magpie wrote:

Lions were terrible, but might be what our guys need- some confidence in the on-field setups and structures.

Welcome aboard mate. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the club.

I agree that next week is a big test and I would say the following week against the Bulldogs is as well.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 11:52 pm

Jezza wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
I have NFI. Why do we need these juvenile names to label people with different opinions? This sad saack/lollipop stuff is bullshit. Aren't we all Collingwood supporters?

I'm fed up with these names! We're Collingwood supporters at the end of the day even if we don't always agree with one another on certain issues.

For what it's worth, I'm still not convinced we've turned the corner yet but regardless of one's position on the coach and the issues currently surrounding our club you have to be happy with tonight's performance and result.

Well, some are - Thomsoc is a Collingwood supoorter, and so is Bob Sugar. I am a lot less convinced about the Jez called Wolf. I think they have a different opinion about Collingwood - my opinion is that it's the greatest club and the one i support. Their opinion seems to be the opposite.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 11:53 pm

think better wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Beams Who?

Interesting Beams only had 7 posessions in the last half - I haven't seen any vision - did we tag him?

Was icing his knee halfway through the last qtr, not sure if it was precutionary though.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
bkelly123 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 11:54 pm

Awesome win. Really enjoyable to watch something that had a semblance of structure and pace.

Have to concede that the kicking in front of goal was sloppy. Of course we can put that aside when thinking about the confidence gained and so on, but you can't afford to waste that many opportunities against a good side (unlike Brisbane).

Back to the positives.

Adam Treloar is just a bloody amazing magnificent truly wondrous footballer.
And he's only 23.
(Salivates at thought of many treloar filled years to come)

Pendles back to his silky smooth best, Adams easing his way back into the side with characteristic grunt.

Cox competed well. Hopefully the hand's not too serious.

Really liking the look of Josh Smith as a steady, hard working ball getter type. Bucks has said before that he's fantastic at playing his role structurally, and it really shows. A low number of consequential errors for such an inexperienced player at AFL level.

DeGoey finding some great form again. His quick hands from the bottom of the pack and bullocking run is transforming from 'great potential' to an irreplaceable cog in our midfield machine.

Good on you Jessie White, for justifying selection and discovering what it means to actually use your athleticism to make up for your low-moderate talent. Even if I don't like the bloke much as a footballer, really respected his intent today.

Didn't see much of Varcoe, hopefully he was instructed not to risk himself too much. He's the kind of player we need for the rest of the season.

Moore competed well as usual, got to love his sheer effort and growing ability to manoeuvre his opponent. Love his work at speed around the ground. Very clean for his height.

Faz quieter than usual, but it's always a relief to see your scoring functioning well without getting the best out of your lead contributed.

All in all, a good press of the reset button, I think.
The sheer impossibility of a mammoth Geelong side after a shot of adrenaline/confidence tonight may just be enough to get their young hearts beating fast enough for an upset.

And that would be one hell of an upset.

Last edited by bkelly123 on Sat May 14, 2016 11:58 pm; edited 3 times in total
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 11:55 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Jezza wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
I have NFI. Why do we need these juvenile names to label people with different opinions? This sad saack/lollipop stuff is bullshit. Aren't we all Collingwood supporters?

I'm fed up with these names! We're Collingwood supporters at the end of the day even if we don't always agree with one another on certain issues.

For what it's worth, I'm still not convinced we've turned the corner yet but regardless of one's position on the coach and the issues currently surrounding our club you have to be happy with tonight's performance and result.

Well, some are - Thomsoc is a Collingwood supoorter, and so is Bob Sugar. I am a lot less convinced about the Jez called Wolf. I think they have a different opinion about Collingwood - my opinion is that it's the greatest club and the one i support. Their opinion seems to be the opposite.

I reckon Jez is, knows to much about our history not to be.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 11:55 pm

Jezza wrote:
MP magpie wrote:

Welcome aboard mate. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the club.

I agree that next week is a big test and I would say the following week against the Bulldogs is as well.

Yes, welcome aboard mate. I'm going next week, first game this season,-I only have a three game membership- and quite honestly, I don't really expect to beat the big Pussies, but so long as we have a redhot go, and I think we will, I will be very satisfied, tonight really buoyed me up a lot, and restored faith in the team. Smile

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 11:56 pm

think better wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Beams Who?

De Goey destroyed him.
Bucks2014 

The thing I really liked about Grundy's game was he jumped tonight.

I liked Howe's game too, he was very influential in that first quarter. Continually rebounding and using the footy beautifully.

Great to have Adams back as well.

There were lots of positives tonight, really enjoyed it.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

Mugwump wrote:
Jezza wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

No doubt there's a few who are <snip> who don't support the club or at the very least they're deliberately provocative just for the thrill I suspect.

Unfortunately, the discussion about the club is then hijacked between two extreme groups and any rational and sensible discussion about the club is met with criticism and abuse either way you argue.

Last week wasn't an enjoyable experience on this website for most of us but I suppose forums are always a volatile place in times of trouble and crisis.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 11:57 pm

Very happy trealoar and Pendlebury were great , cox was brillAnt I hope his hand is ok , a great team effort by all concerned I hope this unifies the team . I liked Grundy getting stuck into Merrett early it set the tone , greenwood worked hard and de Goey was good , Taylor Adams goal was brillAnt

www.facebook/the hybernators
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 11:58 pm

Bob Sugar wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Jezza wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

I reckon Jez is, knows to much about our history not to be.

I must admit even though he does raise some valid points from time to time I'm skeptical if he's a genuine supporter.

The fact I didn't see him post once tonight in the game on thread makes me doubt whether he's a genuine Collingwood supporter or not.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10   

Jump to: