Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

p!$$ off MM

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 7:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes things don't work out for us in life and Mick has to accept that. If he doesn't like it then he can get stuffed as far as I'm concerned. His behaviour is unecessary and unhelpful and undermines the club and everything we're trying to achieve. It's bad enough having the likes of carro and slobbo on our backs let alone our last premiership coach with a chip on his shoulder.

We'd all like to think that one day he'd come back and be welcomed back but I'm not sure he wants to. He's more interested in causing a spectacle and rehashing old wounds. Oh how I was wronged. Poor me. Get over yourself Mick. You're being pathetic.

I like that Ed and Bucks have refused to buy into this drama. Just play it cool. He'll keep it up for a while until the footballing world stops listening deems him irrelevant and lame.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 7:48 pm

I've no interest in welcoming him back, ever. He's not a Collingwood man, he's a Mick man. Collingwood was just his vehicle for a while. And i say that while acknowledging that he's one of the greatest coaches ever. His record at Collingwood from 2000-2011 was outstanding. Thanks for that, now bugger off forever.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 8:14 pm

Mugwump wrote:
I've no interest in welcoming him back, ever. He's not a Collingwood man, he's a Mick man. Collingwood was just his vehicle for a while. And i say that while acknowledging that he's one of the greatest coaches ever. His record at Collingwood from 2000-2011 was outstanding. Thanks for that, now bugger off forever.

He'll come back after Eddie has gone. Ironically Eddie has done nothing but honour him publicly when he could easily have lashed out at some of the crap that MM has dished. He'll be back. History says so.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 8:19 pm

He'll be dead before Eddie is gone.
matrix10 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 8:26 pm

Flashman wrote:
matrix10 wrote:
Flashman wrote:
Why was Malthouse lucky not to be sacked at the end of 2009?

We made a prelim that year didn't we?

I'd take that in a heartbeat right now.

because after performing well above expectations and getting us into 2002/3 GF- we then had 2 years of hell - only to manage to climb back to 5th in 06, then we saw the gradual slide to 6th in 07 and 8th in 08.

The whole 2009 conversation was around whether Mick had fired his best shots and after 9 (into his 10th) years without success- we might as well cut our losses.

HE pulled one out of the bag in 09 and then we all, know what came in 2010.

Mick was very lucky not to be tapped on the shoulder at end of 2008.

OK so he was lucky not to be booted after 2008 then.

Our form from mid 2009 (around about the time of the succession plan announcement ironically) was outstanding although we were still a fair bit behind Geelong and the Saints but a top 4 finish was still a good result and certainly not one that would warrant a sacking.

I was just clarifying what was meant and to be clear I think Malthouse was and is a complete prick.

All good-
i agree our 2009 form was good- but I would say the ball was already rolling for how to wind Mick up.

Also agree he is a COMPLETE PRICK!

After he moved to the Scum and I was cursing and up yoursing him on the tele- she said 'I though you loved him' .

I explained that I loved her- yet if she went and destroyed our marriage, then started rooting my arch enemy- I would hate her also.

She understood Wink
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 9:17 am

i don't have an issue with what mick says. if he thought we were on course for a mini dynasty, so be it, that's his opinion. on face value he was asked a question, he answered. people clearly think he was being vindictive and meddlesome.

a couple of quotes from mick (post 2010 season) and bucks (post 2013 season). firstly, mick says it was up to bucks to do whatever he wanted with the team. secondly, bucks and co didn't think we had the list to compete for a flag.

tn_mickquote1.jpg

tn_bucksquote1.jpg

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 1:19 pm

John Wren wrote:
i don't have an issue with what mick says. if he thought we were on course for a mini dynasty, so be it, that's his opinion. on face value he was asked a question, he answered. people clearly think he was being vindictive and meddlesome.

a couple of quotes from mick (post 2010 season) and bucks (post 2013 season). firstly, mick says it was up to bucks to do whatever he wanted with the team. secondly, bucks and co didn't think we had the list to compete for a flag.

Love your work JW, but everyone knows full well that MM was being vindictive and meddlesome. Wink
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 1:56 pm

Mugwump wrote:

We've won two Premierships in over 50 years and you never want to welcome back a person who had a major hand in the second? This seems far more vindictive than Mick has ever been. Let's assume you're right and everything he's ever done has all been for himself, he still took us to a flag, a Premiership which was won not on being handed a list but building it and instilling the culture which made it happen. I don't care what kind of person he is, that's deserving of some kind of respect and acknowledgment from the club and its supporters.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 3:18 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
John Wren wrote:

Love your work JW, but everyone knows full well that MM was being vindictive and meddlesome. Wink

there's always a but. just acknowledge my greatness, damn it. Laughing

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 4:56 pm

ASK him how his time at Caaaarlton went, and how he reckons Bolton is going, just for once eh. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 5:09 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
We've won two Premierships in over 50 years...

Look I know what you're saying and you didn't mean it like that, but these typical comments (from opposition supporters) just shit me to tears. I give back, "no, we've won 15 in 120 years, get stuffed".

I don't want to read that here. Twisted Evil Razz

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 8:30 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

We've won two Premierships in over 50 years and you never want to welcome back a person who had a major hand in the second? This seems far more vindictive than Mick has ever been. Let's assume you're right and everything he's ever done has all been for himself, he still took us to a flag, a Premiership which was won not on being handed a list but building it and instilling the culture which made it happen. I don't care what kind of person he is, that's deserving of some kind of respect and acknowledgment from the club and its supporters.

It's a matter of why you welcome someone back to the club. Is success enough ? Or does it have anything to do with values ? If the latter, then caring about Collingwood for its own sake seems to me important. I do not see any signs of that in Malthouse. I don't think there is anything "vindictive" in that position.

FLAGPIES 

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 11:16 pm

Mick is just a bitter twisted irrelevant old man!
Two words that currently haunt him "Brendon Bolton"!
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 12:08 am

There is no such thing is a mini dynasty unless you are talking about those shrunken little KISS replica LPs.

There is a successful team, and a dynasty. Not even the Brisbane Lions of 2001-2-3 were a dynasty. The Cats maybe 07-09-11 that is sustained greatness. The last true footy dynasty were the Hawks of the 80s-90s... 83 86 88 89 91 and before them the Demons of the 50s... 55-56-57-59-60-64

I mean Hawthorn.. Look at the gaps between flags
1961, 10 years
1971, 5
1976, 2
1978, 5
1983, 3
1986, 2
1988, 1
1989, 2
1991, 17
2008, 5
2013, 1
2014, 1

Before 1959 Collingwood won 13 flags, after 1959 Hawthorn has won 13 flags. Hawthorn is the Collingwood of the television era. As sickening as that is to type.

E 

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 4:21 am

Cam wrote:
There is no such thing is a mini dynasty unless you are talking about those shrunken little KISS replica LPs.

There is a successful team, and a dynasty. Not even the Brisbane Lions of 2001-2-3 were a dynasty. The Cats maybe 07-09-11 that is sustained greatness. The last true footy dynasty were the Hawks of the 80s-90s... 83 86 88 89 91 and before them the Demons of the 50s... 55-56-57-59-60-64

I mean Hawthorn.. Look at the gaps between flags
1961, 10 years
1971, 5
1976, 2
1978, 5
1983, 3
1986, 2
1988, 1
1989, 2
1991, 17
2008, 5
2013, 1
2014, 1

Before 1959 Collingwood won 13 flags, after 1959 Hawthorn has won 13 flags. Hawthorn is the Collingwood of the television era. As sickening as that is to type.

if you combine Collingwood from 1900 - 1960 and Hawthorn from 1961-2015 - you get the Yankees!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6   

Jump to: