Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

p!$$ off MM

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jez07 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 9:59 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mick is sour no doubt.

The shit he is putting on the club (pardon my French) now is very bitter.

A club and President who stood for anything would not be awarding any life memberships to such a person until a lot of time passes.

But old Ed can't help himself from eating a shit sandwich at the hands of Mick.
The Weed 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 11:10 am

How much longer mods? Or should I have pm'ed that.

<Mod edit: Yes, you should have. - bbmods>
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 11:41 am

A Grumpy old fellow, totally irrelevant now, kind of footys version of Mark Latham.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think better 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 12:17 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
A Grumpy old fellow, totally irrelevant now, kind of footys version of Mark Latham.

More like Kevin Rudd

matrix10 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 1:00 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Yarra Falls End wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
kickit2me wrote:
We should never forget Mick's coaching during the 2011 GF. Podsiadly off injured late in the second quarter...Geelong 1 tall down. They replace him with a runner, Mitch Duncan. Instead of going like for like (ie a more mobile...Fasolo for Reid) he decided to keep a hobbling Reid opposed to a fit Tom Hawkins. We all know the rest.....and he had the audacity to blame Taz.

F off MM. Your time at Collingwood is over. It ended 5 years ago because, you, you spiteful piece of shit, could not accept what you agreed too.

F off.......cvnt!

kickit2m when someone basically holds a gun to your head and says... sign HERE on the dotted line... its not really an agreement.

Btw cant wait to yell that kind of stuff on the boards here with 'Bucks' name, might happen sooner then you think...!!!!

It was either, your contract will not be renewed at the end of 2009 or you accept this offer of a 2 year extension with succession plan.

His choice. No gun was pointed at his head.

Yes but no. You don't have to agree or accept my point, but regardless its what happened.

please stop with the 'gun to the head' reference- unless you wish to detail exactly what went on in the meeting- then just stop.

Mick was/is a grown man- capable of making his own decisions.

He may not like it- but tough shit- the business of football is just that- Business.

Let's be honest- he was actually lucky not to be straight up sacked at end of 2009.

To be offered a massive pay check to basically baby sit a former captain for two years, is the kind of offer most employees dream of- especially when you consider he had nigh on a decade with no success.

Also- as a grown man- you agree to something- you should follow it through.

Not turn around and crack the sads and blame your mothers death on signing a contract you didnt want to. Then take a job at an arch rival, then continually undermine the very people who tried to make your life easier- when really any other club wouldve sacked him at end of 2009.

If you wish to stand up for a person with such 'morals'- then go for it champ.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 1:04 pm

If Mick's comments annoy you, blame Ed not Mick. The succession plan was always a big mistake, everything that's followed continues to confirm this. The position it put Mick, Bucks and the players in was always going to be difficult to navigate and hitting the iceberg was always more likely than missing. The only slight surprise is that the impact has proven more damaging than expected.
matrix10 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 1:18 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
If Mick's comments annoy you, blame Ed not Mick. The succession plan was always a big mistake, everything that's followed continues to confirm this. The position it put Mick, Bucks and the players in was always going to be difficult to navigate and hitting the iceberg was always more likely than missing. The only slight surprise is that the impact has proven more damaging than expected.

fair point.

I think Ed, in good faith, tried to please everyone- Gillard or Turnbull style - and we know that never ends well.

In theory it seemed to be a good idea- but clearly in practice has been far from ideal.

Leaders should not be liked by everyone- they should be willing to make the tough decisions and live and die by the sword.

We will wait and see what fate has in store for Bucks- because despite what your personal opinion may be- at least he seems a man of his word who is willing to stay the course (for better or worse).
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 1:40 pm

He also had a Manager at the time advising him. His Manager obviously advised him to take the deal cos at the time it was the best he was gunna get. There was no friggin gun being held to anyone's head.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 1:59 pm
Post subject: Re: p!$$ off MMReply with quote

WarrenerraW wrote:
Mick do us all a favour you sour, bitter, twisted old fool. As a supporter I'm sick to death of your negative jabs at the club over the succession process and how you were somehow wronged along the way. You don't like it? Tough! Build a bridge and get over it. All you're doing is bringing misery to the supporters of this great club as well as the players and everyone else associated with it. Enjoy what you achieved at Collingwood and all throughout your career and be done with it.

You remind me of a pathetic old dictator who was ousted by a new regime and is hellbent on revenge and making everyone pay for his misery so that he can feel vindicated and relevant again. Well I'm sorry to say Mick, you couldn't be anymore irrelevant if you tried. To say essendope wouldn't even let you near their players to train them while they were going through their ban speaks volumes of what the footballing world thinks and feels about you now. You're a ruiner and we've got enough problems of our own without you trying to add to them.

Not sure how most of you guys feel but I'm losing respect for mm by the day. I can't see what he's trying to achieve by behaving like this. It makes no sense and it's all out of spite. The only way we can get the old bugger off our backs is to start winning and being successful again.

Spot on. Further, you'd think his pathetic coaching at Carlton would have led him to stfu.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 2:38 pm

I thought he led Carlton brilliantly. I was very disappointed when he left.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 2:53 pm

Why was Malthouse lucky not to be sacked at the end of 2009?

We made a prelim that year didn't we?

I'd take that in a heartbeat right now.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 6:28 pm

Strange how the sour ol bastard seems to just, after five long years, just focus on the Pies only. I note his Grumpiness never mentions his shocking stint with his LAST TEAM, CAAAAARLTON. I wonder why. LOL

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
matrix10 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 7:17 pm

Flashman wrote:

because after performing well above expectations and getting us into 2002/3 GF- we then had 2 years of hell - only to manage to climb back to 5th in 06, then we saw the gradual slide to 6th in 07 and 8th in 08.

The whole 2009 conversation was around whether Mick had fired his best shots and after 9 (into his 10th) years without success- we might as well cut our losses.

HE pulled one out of the bag in 09 and then we all, know what came in 2010.

Mick was very lucky not to be tapped on the shoulder at end of 2008.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 7:27 pm

matrix10 wrote:
Flashman wrote:

because after performing well above expectations and getting us into 2002/3 GF- we then had 2 years of hell - only to manage to climb back to 5th in 06, then we saw the gradual slide to 6th in 07 and 8th in 08.

The whole 2009 conversation was around whether Mick had fired his best shots and after 9 (into his 10th) years without success- we might as well cut our losses.

Yep. People have such short memories. Mick was just about done. The 2008 succession plan was almost a polite way of giving him a few more years until his inevitable end. Somehow the team clicked half way through 2010 (remember, we lost to Bris and drew with Melb mid-year). It still took a drawn GF before we finally won the flag. 2011 was simply scintillating from a team that had mastered the press when no one even had a plan for it. But he screwed up in the GF playing injured players as well as our best squad in round 22 vs Geelong. If not for some Swan, Ball and Thomas (that tackle in Rioli) final quarter heroics in the Prelim, Haw would have been playing Gee in the GF. His record at Carlton is evidence enough.

Flashman 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 7:43 pm

matrix10 wrote:
Flashman wrote:

OK so he was lucky not to be booted after 2008 then.

Our form from mid 2009 (around about the time of the succession plan announcement ironically) was outstanding although we were still a fair bit behind Geelong and the Saints but a top 4 finish was still a good result and certainly not one that would warrant a sacking.

I was just clarifying what was meant and to be clear I think Malthouse was and is a complete prick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6   

Jump to: