Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

My confusion with Bucks

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 1:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Jez07 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:
No one is developing under Bucks - not one player. He talks the talk and talks it well I might add, but maybe the bloke is way out of his depth here and doesn't know what to do. He's captaining a sinking ship at the moment.

Sidebottom and Fasolo are playing their best ever footy under Bucks.

That is incorrect on Sidebottom. His best was under Mick in the drawn GF's.

Ludicrous statement.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 2:01 pm

daicos from the boundry wrote:
The problem with Bux is his not a development coach and with a young list you need coaches that nurture and understand how every individual ticks. He was so driven as a player I think sometimes he forgets that some players need motivation. Buckleys even said that he can't understand or he expects his players to be self motivated as professional sportsman.
A big part of coaching is understanding the capabilities of your list and maybe he has over estimated their ability to carry out his game plan which to his own admissions is quite similar to the top sides. Not having the same 22 each week has not helped him with any continuity in his coaching.
Personally I think he can coach, I just don't think he can coach this list at where it is at at this moment.

If anything is realistic in my opinion this comment is. When Bucks was initially made captain he was not a good captain as he did not know how to interact with the other players and he did not know how to motivate them without alienating some along the way. He judged and responded to others based upon his own lofty standards and the fact is that few are as professional and or as driven. Over time he improved greatly as a captain in this area.

Outside of the game plan issues which we do not have enough inside information to have an educated opinion, you would suspect that this aspect of Buck's personality, makeup and standards could be his greatest impediment to his ability to lead and guide the players as a coach.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 2:02 pm

Jez07 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:
No one is developing under Bucks - not one player. He talks the talk and talks it well I might add, but maybe the bloke is way out of his depth here and doesn't know what to do. He's captaining a sinking ship at the moment.

That is incorrect on Sidebottom. His best was under Mick in the drawn GF's.

Without Sidebottom on saturday we would have lost by 10 goals, He has gotten better each year.

www.facebook/the hybernators
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 2:15 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:

Correct. As are De Goey, Moore, Langdon, Ramsay, Frost, Broomhead, Varcoe (at Collingwood specifically although I think he's been more consistent since he crossed from the Cats than he was there), Williams, Elliott, Sinclair, Crisp, Cox, Maynard, Grundy, Witts.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 2:25 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
. Over time he improved greatly as a captain in this area.

And do you know why this happened Member 7167? He listened to those he respected eg Scotty Burns, took on board what they said and changed his ways. I doubt very much that he has lost that ability for critical self-analysis and the ability to learn and change what's not working..
Jez07 

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 2:28 pm

jackcass wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:

Correct. As are De Goey, Moore, Langdon, Ramsay, Frost, Broomhead, Varcoe (at Collingwood specifically although I think he's been more consistent since he crossed from the Cats than he was there), Williams, Elliott, Sinclair, Crisp, Cox, Maynard, Grundy, Witts.

The players you have mentioned have only played under Buckley (bar Crisp & Varcoe). So your comment is irrelevant.

And most of the players you have mentioned have regressed this year.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 4:34 pm

Jez07 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:

The players you have mentioned have only played under Buckley (bar Crisp & Varcoe). So your comment is irrelevant.

I was having lunch with Barassi and Parkin and they both agree that my post was relevant and accurate as it was actually in response to the claim "No one is developing under Bucks - not one player". Clearly a comprehension issue for you.

As to your suggestion that most players mentioned have regressed this year, well that is indeed a shock. I personally had anticipated they'd play their best footy in the medical rooms. Thank you for setting straight in regard to this.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 4:40 pm

jackcass wrote:
Jez07 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:

I was having lunch with Barassi and Parkin and they both agree that my post was relevant and accurate as it was actually in response to the claim "No one is developing under Bucks - not one player". Clearly a comprehension issue for you.

As to your suggestion that most players mentioned have regressed this year, well that is indeed a shock. I personally had anticipated they'd play their best footy in the medical rooms. Thank you for setting straight in regard to this.

Well Jackcass I had dinner with God the other night and he specifically told me that he erred when setting up the Bux appointment.
He reckoned not one player has improved under Bux.
He was thinking of tossing in his towel and going over to Mr Demons place and backing Roosy!

Jez07 

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 4:46 pm

jackcass wrote:
Jez07 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:

Using the old injury excuse again.

Williams was diabolical before he got injured against St. Kilda.
Broomhead has been constantly injured since he got to the club so he can't be used as an example on either side
Sinclair is an ordinary player and has always been an ordinary player.
Grundy has played every round in the VFL or seniors and has regressed.
Maynard was dropped twice. So he hasn't gone on.
Cox is a project and is new to the game.
Witts was slaughtered by Sinclair before he got injured.

The cupboard is bare for players that have improved under Buckley in his reign. The cupboard is even barer for young players that have become elite under Buckley.

The cupboard though is full for players that have stagnated under Buckley.
derkd 

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 5:03 pm
Post subject: Re: My confusion with BucksReply with quote

princem007 wrote:
Last Saturday afternoon I was calling for Buckley to be sacked and then I watch AFL360 and think hang on, this bloke knows what he is on about.

Why is this happening , surely he can't be a great media person, articulate , composed , knowledgeable to a large audience of people , yet he is not able to get his message across to 44 players in their prime, it just doesn't make sense?

I don't get it ??

I don't know how and why it's failing.

Saying he can't coach is not apparent in everything you see .

It doesn't add up.

Someone in the media recently wrote an article about Hardwick. The crux was that Richmond's game seemed to only work when it had it's best 22 on the ground, beyond that it would fall apart.

The glaring deficiency in Bucks game plan seems to be, ok yes, we have a lot of injuries we lack on ground experience. You think their would exists a contingency game plan:

i.e : opposition team is getting a run on (ah la Sydney round one) lets throw the game plan we have out the window (as it clearly is not working) and go back to plan B: just man on man around the ground and at least stop the opposition from scoring, even if we don't. But we seem to almost be welded to this zone setup ...even as it falls apart week after week ..you don't see Bucks say lets try something completely different.

I can't explain it. I like many others want him to succeed. But it feels like we are set in a pattern.

mackasmatt 

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:24 pm

People are saying that players havent improved / have gone backwards.. Id like to see the stats for how much experience we have lost and compare these to reasonable expectations.
----------
------------
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:41 pm

thompsoc wrote:
Well Jackcass I had dinner with God the other night and he specifically told me that he erred when setting up the Bux appointment.
He reckoned not one player has improved under Bux.
He was thinking of tossing in his towel and going over to Mr Demons place and backing Roosy!

The ground beneath my feet is getting warmer, Lucifer is near...

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:41 pm

Jez07 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Jez07 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:

Broomhead has been constantly injured since he got to the club so he can't be used as an example on either side

The cupboard is bare for players that have improved under Buckley in his reign. The cupboard is even barer for young players that have become elite under Buckley.

Any reason why you failed to mention Adams, Varcoe, Swanny, Elliott, Ramsay or the injured Pendles?
roar 

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:50 pm

I know there IS a reason you forgot to mention Scharenberg, Rudi, but I thought we had gotten past that.
Jez07 

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:54 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Jez07 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Jez07 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:

Any reason why you failed to mention Adams, Varcoe, Swanny, Elliott, Ramsay or the injured Pendles?

Ramsay has been injured constantly so the jury is well and truly out.
Swan had his peak years under Malthouse and hasn't been a better player under Buckley.
Elliot is injured and has started years very well but then fallen off.
Pendlebury played his best football under Mick.

So yes, the cupboard is bare with players that have improved under Buckley.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: