Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Collingwood officially looking at new netball team

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 11:26 am
Post subject: Collingwood netball teamReply with quote

please refrain from posting disparaging comments about our afl guys.

this morning, on offsiders it was announced collingwood is looking at a proposal to establish a netball team in the national netball competition. there's a likely revamp of the current anz championship that currently includes nz teams. my understanding is a couple of licences are up for grabs and the nz component could be removed so that it's australin based.

is this something that would interest not only our female fan base but all collingwood supporters? or could it be the warriors mach 2? i don't watch or follow netball outside of when the australians play so i'm unlikely to get excited but no doubt it provides opportunities for others. if it comes to fruition i hope it's successful.

Big T 

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 11:28 am
Post subject: Re: Collingwood netball teamReply with quote

John Wren wrote:

this morning, on offsiders it was announced collingwood is looking at a proposal to establish a netball team in the national netball competition. there's a likely revamp of the current anz championship that currently includes nz teams. my understanding is a couple of licences are up for grabs and the nz component could be removed so that it's australin based.

is this something that would interest not only our female fan base but all collingwood supporters? or could it be the warriors mach 2? i don't watch or follow netball outside of when the australians play so i'm unlikely to get excited but no doubt it provides opportunities for others. if it comes to fruition i hope it's successful.

I
Please tell me Cloke has a sister who will start as Goal Shooter.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 11:32 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

This has evolved from Country football to suburban and now the AFL league is seeing an opportunity for extra $$$. I'm no fan of a football club/league being involved in netball. I'm saying that it works in Country areas due to the isolation of many towns. However the closer it has come to the CBD the less take up there has been. This is due to more options being opened up to young people. We have a Netball league, let them run with it. I would rather my club concentrate on the football. This is just a grab for cash and will fail.
On the March 

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 11:52 am

How about a cricket team... or a soccer team Smile
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 11:55 am

Not me and I'm a netball coach and former a grade player! The national league is pretty boring, not enough pushing and shoving, to clinical, I only ever watch the final!
lihei Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 12:17 pm

As long as CFC is not pissing my membership money up the wall with all this dogooder bullshit: Women's AFL, Netball...
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 12:18 pm

JW I think it's an outstanding idea. The club can afford it and with our strong membership base I'm sure it would attract enough fans/supporters
I know it wouldn't be a cheap exercise so to help the club out I'm prepared to personally fit all the ladies with there uniforms and team garb
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 12:44 pm

think positive wrote:
Not me and I'm a netball coach and former a grade player! The national league is pretty boring, not enough pushing and shoving, to clinical, I only ever watch the final!

C'mon Jojo! Take the reigns as coach. Would love to see you blow up in the presser after losing, when you had the lead all game until the final minute...

mattys123 

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 12:45 pm

On the March wrote:
How about a cricket team... or a soccer team Smile

We tried that already, remember the Collingwood Warriors? Laughing

As for a netball team, meh, I wouldn't be interested but it is another way to get women involved with the club.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 1:03 pm
Post subject: Re: Collingwood netball teamReply with quote

John Wren wrote:

As Roy Masters noted (some might say cynically - well Francis Leech did), that hopefully this is not merely to attract some funding for installing women's facilities (toilets, showers, changerooms etc - btw the lack of facilities is one of the biggest impediments to womens participation in sport at the local level especially in soccer) where women play but have to work full time to subsidize their participation (again see soccer, basketball & hockey).

The increasingly impressive Kelli Underwood saw this as part of Collingwood's endeavour for "world domination" Very Happy - and felt Collingwoods participation it was a positive

http://www.abc.net.au/sport/offsiders/content/2016/s4453527.htm

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 1:08 pm

^ have they not been to the holden centre or glasshouse? it's geared up for a women's afl team. so, cynically, they may be looking at additional funds on top of the funding they got for the redevelopment. personally, i think it fits with brand growth and world domination. pert talks about it in reference to the women's afl team bid.

collingwood domination, the envy of a nation.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 1:11 pm

John Wren wrote:
^ have they not been to the holden centre or glasshouse? it's geared up for a women's afl team. so, cynically, they may be looking at additional funds on top of the funding they got for the redevelopment. personally, i think it fits with brand growth and world domination. pert talks about it in reference to the women's afl team bid.

collingwood domination, the envy of a nation.

Roy Masters raised a good point but it seems he was ill informed.

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 1:16 pm

don't disagree re the point. isn't it how we got funding in the first place? Wink
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 1:26 pm

Why is this on the general discussion board - does this have anything to do with footy? I would suggest not so please put this in the other sports section or thought bubbles folder with some of Malcolm Turnbull's musings
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 1:27 pm

Wasn't / Isn't Melbourne Demons linked with one of the Melbourne Teams?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: