Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Leading Teams - destroying the culture?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 9:42 pm
Post subject: Leading Teams - destroying the culture?Reply with quote

This is one of the 1st big Changes Bucks made.

Before this the Team seemed very close but afterwards you see Players and Premiership Players leave the Club as they did not enjoy playing for Collingwood anymore.

Now in 2016 we look like a Team that is Divided and don't trust or play for each other. Only There to look after Themselves.

So I think Leading Teams can be Given the Ass.

Major Reason Bucks brought in was because he can not Motivate his Chargers and that is Damming

Jez07 

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 9:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I was amazed when I heard Buckley say the other day that he doesn't motivate his players because they should be self-motivated. Roughead was talking about why Beveridge is a good coach and he said he has a drive to motivate the very best out of players.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 10:01 pm

Jez07 wrote:
I was amazed when I heard Buckley say the other day that he doesn't motivate his players because they should be self-motivated. Roughead was talking about why Beveridge is a good coach and he said he has a drive to motivate the very best out of players.

and Malthouse only Thing I liked is how he got the Player Motivated to play there Heart out. Bucks does not do that.

That tells me Bucks is NOT a Head Coach

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 10:03 pm

DTM, have you been attending Rudeboy's lectures in management theory?
Jez07 

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 10:06 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Jez07 wrote:

and Malthouse only Thing I liked is how he got the Player Motivated to play there Heart out. Bucks does not do that.

Buckley as a person isn't suited to being a coach. He has no charisma, he is very rigid and he believes everyone should live and breath football. The best groups are those who have a diverse range of personalties, people who party, people who are sensible, people who don't care. If you try to have a group that is the same, it is boring, robotic and it goes through the motions.

The best coaches can get the best out of varying personalities, Buckley can't.
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 10:09 pm

I'm not buying the line that Buckley doesn't motivate players. It was a 2-second grab from Maxy that the media latched onto. He was trying to make a point when asked about the differences between Mick and Buckley. No 2 individuals are the exactly the same in anything.

With Leading teams, I've always thought of these corporate-based programs as cringe-worthy. I guess it depends on the individuals and personality types as to their effectiveness. It's just an example of Collingwood trying to leave no stone unturned in search for excellence and success. Where it becomes a problem is when criticism between peers leads to loss of respect, especially when it's from a younger player to an experienced one.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 10:12 pm

Jez07 wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Jez07 wrote:

Buckley as a person isn't suited to being a coach. He has no charisma, he is very rigid and he believes everyone should live and breath football. The best groups are those who have a diverse range of personalties, people who party, people who are sensible, people who don't care. If you try to have a group that is the same, it is boring, robotic and it goes through the motions.

buckley as a person? what else would he be?

you have obviously not spent any time with the man.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 10:13 pm

watt price tully wrote:

possibly. could have also attended lazza's school of parroting. jackcass highly recommends it. Wink

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 10:20 pm

John Wren wrote:
Jez07 wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Jez07 wrote:

buckley as a person? what else would he be?

you have obviously not spent any time with the man.

Sounds like you have spent quite a bit of Time with Bucks then

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 11:31 pm

Blaming Leading Teams is like blaming the coach, the president, the gameplan, the bootstudder, whoever and whatever. There is no magic bullet, it's just hard work and short term pain like any job in life that will make us successful again.

http://www.leadingteams.net.au/media-release-afl-clubs-sign-on-with-leading-teams-for-2016/

Leading Teams has been contracted to implement their Performance Improvement Program (PIP) with seven AFL clubs in the 2016 season; Hawthorn, Fremantle, Sydney, Collingwood, Melbourne, St Kilda and the Gold Coast. This support covers a spectrum of AFL Clubs including those which are old, new, big and small.

Hawthorn Football Club, where Leading Teams has been running their program since 2005, won a record-breaking third premiership in a row. Founding Director, Ray McLean continues to facilitate the program.

Leading Teams started working with the Fremantle Football Club in 2012, the year before the Club played in its first Grand Final. This relationship will continue for the coming season with Ray McLean running the program.

Darren Harris, Partner at Leading Teams continues to run the PIP with the Sydney Swans which is entering its 14th season. Since the relationship began in 2002, when the Swans ended 11th on the ladder, the Swans have played in four grand finals, winning two premierships. Indeed, from 2003, the Swans have been in top 8 for all but one year (2009).

Sustaining High Performance

Tom Harley, General Manager Football at the Sydney Swans said, The Leading Teams Performance Improvement Program has played an integral role in us continuing striving to improve all that we have done over the past 13 seasons. Having an external facilitator work closely with our players and staff to assist in reviewing our performance against our Trademark is important in sustaining high performance.

Collingwood Football Club, the nations largest club across all football codes, enters its fourth season in partnership with Leading Teams where Ray McLean continues to facilitate this program.

Entering their third year of the PIP, Melbourne Football Clubs program is facilitated by Leading Teams Partner, Jim Plunkett. Senior Coach, Paul Roos said recently on SEN that he is focusing more on culture and behaviours in 2016.

Former St Kilda player and Leading Teams Partner, Justin Peckett has commenced his third year running the Performance Improvement Program at St Kilda Football Club.

Simon Fletcher has returned to Leading Teams as a full-time facilitator and is implementing the PIP with our latest client, the Gold Coast Football Club.

Brenny 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 1:29 am

DTM, if you're going to make a statement like that maybe explain what leadings teams is, what it does, who is it run by and what do you know about it destroying our side.

If it is destroying our side, then from what we hear from other clubs and plast players must mean we're the only club it doesn't work for.

I don't know what leading teams is or what it does and frankly I don't really give a crap.

STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 9:51 am

Dave the players at this level its there job. If there not motivated to play the end of the day they will have short careers
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 9:56 am

Cam it concerns me that of the teams listed, only Sydney and hawthorn sit comfortably on ladder position, and both have very strong lists and my opinion have won the battle at the recruiting table. You could argue Melbourne are performing better I guess, but freo the saints the Suns and unfortunately us have been very underwhelming so far.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 10:14 am

^^^ I actually reached the opposite conclusion - the way I read it, almost all the teams except us seem to have benefited (Freo, after all, played in a Grand Final and St Kilda is coming along nicely - I say that through very gritted teeth), so I'm inclined to ask what about us is different?
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 10:54 am

John Wren wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

possibly. could have also attended lazza's school of parroting. jackcass highly recommends it. Wink

SQUAWK!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: