Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Dear Eddie McGuire and the Collingwood Membership Team

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 9:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

You can buy tickets to that area on Ticketek.
I don't like that personally, I thought it was supposed to be a Collingwood area.

I also have Legends seats in M32.
My main concern is the lack of atmosphere at times.

I say fill the joint with Collingwood members for our home games, all members from standard Season Ticket holders to Legends.
If forking out for Legends, the advantage is you can pretty much pick the seat you want at the start of the year and it's there for you every week for as many years as you like.
For Season Tickets, you take what's left on a first in best dressed basis. If you sit in a seat that's already reserved by Legends, simply move over.
It's not difficult logistically at all!!!!

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 10:27 pm

M30 /m31 glad it's not just me, it shits me to tears! Also the morons who hand over their cards, 3 Carlton scum in front of us with legend lanyards, that ain't right
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 12:28 am

You'd have to be stark raving bonkers to pay $880 x 8 to watch the dribble we put out every week, hats off to you either way!

MONCO: Your life.
Brenny 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 1:11 am

I sit in Q30 as a legends member... I absolutely love it... such an awesome bunch to sit around. I don't know any of their names but we talk F1, footy and Dan Ricciardo each week! Love that!

My parents membership got screwed by Collingwood. So the two seats next to me went unsold and were open to GA...

lukem 

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 1:17 pm
Post subject: Re: Dear Eddie McGuire and the Collingwood Membership TeamReply with quote

Heater_39 wrote:
This probably should also be directed to the MCG team as well.

Dear Eddie McGuire and the Collingwood Membership Team,

I have been a legends member of our football club since 2009. As have my family members and my friends. Between us directly we have 8 legends memberships.

When we initially signed up for the memberships it was fantastic to sit with all the Collingwood fans at our end the Ponsford stand. My membership cost about $780 back then from memory and I think now it is about $880 but I do understand that prices do gradually go up.

I have really appreciated the opportunity to sit in the Ponsford stand in our legends area and having a reserved seat is very convenient.

However, there are a growing number of opposition fans that are simply strolling down in our Legends membership area and are antagonising our fans. They clearly do not own a reserve seat in our area and are just occupying our seats having paid only $20 for a general admin seat.

The MCG staff seem to be relenting on their job to actually check tickets and yesterday I would estimate there were 50+ Carlton fans in our Legends area. Of these 50 there were some significantly rough and volatile fans who seemed fixated on starting fights. This was very similar at the Richmond and Essendon games this year.

I'd like to know what can be done to ensure that this situation does not occur again? I do not like buying an $880 membership and having feral opposition fans sitting in our reserved area.

I noticed at the start of the year we seemed to mention that there would be an area that general admission could buy to sit near this area too.

What can be done to ensure that those members who are forking out hundreds of dollars in legends memberships can reap the benefits of what this should bring? Do you need to consider grouping us all together? Should the MCG not be checking tickets more thoroughly?

I won't do this as it wouldn't be right, but I could easily buy a standard 17 game membership next year for under $300 and just make my way down and sit wherever I wanted to in the Legends Reserved section. I'd maybe have to upgrade my ticket for ANZAC day but I'd be fine for the rest of the year. I am seriously however considering buying a normal membership and just sitting wherever. It will probably be safer and more welcoming than the environment being created at the moment.

I look forward to a response on this issue. It is not fair.

Regards,

A very concerned Collingwood Legends Member.

P.S. Does anyone on Nick's have an email address of someone at the club I can send this to?

Hi Heater/ everyone, thanks for drawing this to our attention.

We are speaking with the MCC about their patron services and security staff and how we can ensure ticket checking is policed correctly. We will be keeping an eye on this ourselves as well, by having Collingwood staff members patrolling Levels 1 and 2 of the Ponsford Stand.

If you need anything further, please feel free to send me a private message.

Kind regards,

Luke

King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 2:59 pm
Post subject: Re: Dear Eddie McGuire and the Collingwood Membership TeamReply with quote

lukem wrote:
Heater_39 wrote:
This probably should also be directed to the MCG team as well.

Dear Eddie McGuire and the Collingwood Membership Team,

I have been a legends member of our football club since 2009. As have my family members and my friends. Between us directly we have 8 legends memberships.

When we initially signed up for the memberships it was fantastic to sit with all the Collingwood fans at our end the Ponsford stand. My membership cost about $780 back then from memory and I think now it is about $880 but I do understand that prices do gradually go up.

I have really appreciated the opportunity to sit in the Ponsford stand in our legends area and having a reserved seat is very convenient.

However, there are a growing number of opposition fans that are simply strolling down in our Legends membership area and are antagonising our fans. They clearly do not own a reserve seat in our area and are just occupying our seats having paid only $20 for a general admin seat.

The MCG staff seem to be relenting on their job to actually check tickets and yesterday I would estimate there were 50+ Carlton fans in our Legends area. Of these 50 there were some significantly rough and volatile fans who seemed fixated on starting fights. This was very similar at the Richmond and Essendon games this year.

I'd like to know what can be done to ensure that this situation does not occur again? I do not like buying an $880 membership and having feral opposition fans sitting in our reserved area.

I noticed at the start of the year we seemed to mention that there would be an area that general admission could buy to sit near this area too.

What can be done to ensure that those members who are forking out hundreds of dollars in legends memberships can reap the benefits of what this should bring? Do you need to consider grouping us all together? Should the MCG not be checking tickets more thoroughly?

I won't do this as it wouldn't be right, but I could easily buy a standard 17 game membership next year for under $300 and just make my way down and sit wherever I wanted to in the Legends Reserved section. I'd maybe have to upgrade my ticket for ANZAC day but I'd be fine for the rest of the year. I am seriously however considering buying a normal membership and just sitting wherever. It will probably be safer and more welcoming than the environment being created at the moment.

I look forward to a response on this issue. It is not fair.

Regards,

A very concerned Collingwood Legends Member.

P.S. Does anyone on Nick's have an email address of someone at the club I can send this to?

Hi Heater/ everyone, thanks for drawing this to our attention.

We are speaking with the MCC about their patron services and security staff and how we can ensure ticket checking is policed correctly. We will be keeping an eye on this ourselves as well, by having Collingwood staff members patrolling Levels 1 and 2 of the Ponsford Stand.

If you need anything further, please feel free to send me a private message.

Kind regards,

Luke

There are better solutions than to have over-zealous MCG staff going on a power-trip checking tickets to the nth degree.
This will stitch people up that have a couple of Legends seats in the area and have brought along a friend or family member. Common sense would say "let 'em sit there unless it's a full house".
Your solution will leave the area even more sparse - it's a deadset farce that people are shunted up to level 4 while level 1 is half empty every week.
The atmosphere is deplorable most weeks due to a high number of empty seats - and this should be more of a priority to fix than ensuring nobody gets in the area that hasn't forked out a premium price. Aren't we supposed to be a working class club for the people????

Open the area up!!!! (For Collingwood members.)

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
makri Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 3:19 pm

Happens near us in N30 sometimes. We just make these opposition fans feel uncomfortable as possible, we don't seem to have any return visitors. The was a Carlton fan removed from a couple of bays over on Saturday, more for his safety I think.
Jez07 

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 3:40 pm

A ? To Luke M. In previous years the membership total was advertised on the website.

Where is it?
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 3:54 pm

Jez07 wrote:
A ? To Luke M. In previous years the membership total was advertised on the website.

Where is it?
They won't advertise current numbers due to the dramatic drop in numbers.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 7:44 pm

How was it against Geelong?

Apparently the legends area had plenty of Cats fans in seats.

The MCG staff are not hard enough in checking cards and removing the people that should not be in that area.

I guess it's bound to happen when crowds start to drop off, but the point is that a lot of cash is spent to be in an area that is supposed to be our own supporters.

MP magpie 

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 10:18 pm

Its a pain in the rear. And it is not hard to fix.

Members should nominate their seats for sale if not attending into a collingwood members only 'stubhub' style re-sale system. Any member can relocate for that one game.

Admin cost for the seat only.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 10:35 pm

Checking out Ticketek today I noticed seating in the Ponsford end (level 1) was being advertised to the general public for the Bulldogs match.

So after discovering this, I don't think it's surprising we're seeing a slight increase in opposition supporter presence in an area that should be predominantly occupied by Collingwood members and supporters.

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:31 am

On Anzac Day I thought I'd try and pop up and see friends in the Legends area. Walked through confidently and passed three attendants. None asked for my ticket. I was sitting level one for this game, so just went up the back stairway. Easy! Opposition supporters probably do this after half time when things slacken off. I'm doing that from now on.

BTW, the Ponsford, on all levels, was embarrassingly vacant v Geelong.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:38 am

Two seats directly behind us seem to have opposition supporters every match. Maybe they are sold each week. It's annoying though. And yes there was more than usual opposition supporters in the area this week. Hank god we smashed em!
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:48 am

This wouldn't be a problem if Collingwood members actually showed up to games. For our home game last week against the cats there was only 59,000 people. That's pathetic by our standards. I sit in the ponsford for away games and there's the occasional opposition fan hanging around, but I agree, all that area should be Collingwood only. The reason they don't open up the ground level to everyone is because it's premium seating and it's cheaper to sit up top.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: