Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post-match: Pies down to Carlton

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 12:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ I agree. I very much enjoyed Buck's Brief this week, too. The "three areas we are working on" were, in short, our defence our midfield and our attack. I thought it was great to hear that we had all bases covered - until I realised it wasn't Rob Sitch speaking and wasn't intended as satire.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 12:12 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
^^^ I agree. I very much enjoyed Buck's Brief this week, too. The "three areas we are working on" were, in short, our defence our midfield and our attack. I thought it was great to hear that we had all bases covered - until I realised it wasn't Rob Sitch speaking and wasn't intended as satire.

Makes me think of Fawlty Towers....."but other than that, everything's alright?"

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 12:24 pm

"Well, my nuts are halfway up my ass, but other than that, I'm perfect!"
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 12:46 pm

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Woods wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
^ I love the club,50 yrs a fan, and I can accept defeat, providing we have a red hot go, is that too much to ask or expect ?

Yes it is too much to ask, because you have no right to lay down expectations. I mean, who the hell do you think you are?

It's your own fault that you are disappointed by defeat because the expectation of winning is it seems why you "love the club" and are "50 years a fan". Sorry, but that's like getting into a 50 year marriage for the sex. You're going to be disappointed.

Just because you decided to make an emotional investment in Collingwood, doesn't mean Collingwood has to spread its legs for your gratification.

I hear they're workshopping a new slogan for next years membership drive, to replace 'side by side':

'Collingwood: WE OWE YOU NOTHING!'

Bound to be a fan favourite

LOL sums it up though apparently!

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 12:51 pm

think positive wrote:
Woods wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
^ I love the club,50 yrs a fan, and I can accept defeat, providing we have a red hot go, is that too much to ask or expect ?

Yes it is too much to ask, because you have no right to lay down expectations. I mean, who the hell do you think you are?

It's your own fault that you are disappointed by defeat because the expectation of winning is it seems why you "love the club" and are "50 years a fan". Sorry, but that's like getting into a 50 year marriage for the sex. You're going to be disappointed.

Just because you decided to make an emotional investment in Collingwood, doesn't mean Collingwood has to spread its legs for your gratification.

I hear they're workshopping a new slogan for next years membership drive, to replace 'side by side':

'Collingwood: WE OWE YOU NOTHING!'

Bound to be a fan favourite

LOL sums it up though apparently!

can just adapt this for the music to accompany the advertisement:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=7yu0T9n5uos

Magpies035 

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 1:15 pm

Hey Woods
Get a life
I'd the game plan has changed then have we adapted? We have a full selection of coaches and staff looking at trends how we play and how we should play?
Tell me when you see regular consistent play from Collingwood. How many times have we managed to put 4 qtrs together.
For a team with a coach in his 5th year we should be on an upward trend not down.
The players, coaches and board should all be working together.

And forget when I joined. Who cares. Everyone is allowed an opinion
You have a narrow minded view of the club.

We should not accept okay
Winning games and the next premiership is a priority

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 1:23 pm

Everyone is certainly entitled to an opinion. And, you know what? If it's expressed in reasonably coherent English, there's a bit more of a chance some us will work out what it is.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 1:54 pm

^

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Dude, you're on fire lately. Wink

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 2:05 pm

We must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 2:06 pm

We must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!

no twerking?

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 2:24 pm

Very good. I can see Bucks and Eddie walking down Swan street hand in hand.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 2:42 pm

Woods wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
I love the club,50 yrs a fan, and I can accept defeat, providing we have a red hot go, is that too much to ask or expect ?

Well Collingwood evidently hasn't had a problem spreading it's legs for most opposition club's gratification since about July 2015.
Buckley's seen to that. I wouldn't think any of us have enjoyed it one bit.

EVERY sporting team of any code, owes it's supporters "a red hot go" every time they take to the field/pitch/court, whatever.
The ones that don't have a RHG, generally lose those same supporters, whether they be sponsors, members, ticket holders, mug punters, whatever.
I'll tell you one thing; only the very easily pleased or blindly loyal will spend their weekend spare time observing the teams they follow, that don't strive for that result as a bare minimum.

Piesnchess and I don't always agree on things, or the current circumstance in particular, but his passion and loyalty to the club impresses me no end. You might want to show him some cyber respect.

Dyso

Jez07 

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 2:53 pm

The gameplan is an unmitigated disaster. I just watched the replay and watched the zone set up.

Frost and his fellow defenders were running around like confused players that were unsure where to run to or go to their man.

At one point before H/T, Frost was near Casboult. He was unsure to engage his opponent or protect space. He decided to protect space and refused to follow Casboult.

Casboult then engaged Maynard and took an uncontested mark over him in the goal square. The zone has confused players and is non AFL standard.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 3:04 pm

Jez07 wrote:
The gameplan is an unmitigated disaster. I just watched the replay and watched the zone set up.

Frost and his fellow defenders were running around like confused players that were unsure where to run to or go to their man.

At one point before H/T, Frost was near Casboult. He was unsure to engage his opponent or protect space. He decided to protect space and refused to follow Casboult.

Casboult then engaged Maynard and took an uncontested mark over him in the goal square. The zone has confused players and is non AFL standard.

Thanks for this. From watching us play, I have come to the conclusion that it is nothing to do with lack of effort from our guys, but total lack of clarity on where they should be, what or whom they should be guarding. But I have not played the game, so I needed confirmation for my opinion. And this is it. Totally what i have seen.
We obviously changed our defensive structures over the preseason, because last year I thought our defence was OK. Often stood up brilliantly under enormous pressure.
Now, our defenders are clearly bamboozled, and as a result our defensive structures are collapsing or non-existent.
Add to that the regular annihilation of our midfield, and you have a defence catastrophe.
The next question I want answered: why is our midfield being smashed so often? I refuse to believe that it is any shortfall in ability. Is it simply being out of form? Or is it that our structures in this area as well are bamboozling our players?
Jez07 

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 3:19 pm

The zone was leaking like a sieve in the preseason too. This is when they had a settled backline.

It is a perfect storm. There is no one in the backline that marshals the zone setup (think Nick Maxwell, Heath Shaw), there is few highly skilled players that can move the ball (Reid is the only one) from the HB line, the leading patterns up forward ensure players kick and hope to a 50/50 contest and there are no midfielders who will run into D50 and clog space.

It's unsustainable and the likes of Adelaide, WB & Giants will put on plus 130 points against this zone setup. Buckley won't survive these type of losses.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 17 of 20   

Jump to: