Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post-match: Pies down to Carlton

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flashman 

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 8:20 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Magpies035 wrote:
Long time reader of Nick's
Can stay away any longer
What has occurred in time of Buckley coaching career to date
We should be totally all in one with the game plan
Put injuries aside for now. The playing list should you would think about year 3 be totally in tune with the game plan.
Are the players not understanding what to do? Why not at year 5 I say?
After not playing finals for a few years the players should already be motivated and hungry for success.
A positive pre-season seems to disguise more than it offered?
Supporters have been roll to be patient ok we are.
What are we supposed to be in 2016?
2014 late fade out
2015 late fade out
2016 poor start?
Where does the Collingwood Football Club stand right now?

It doesn't stand. It's on its knees at present.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 8:25 am

Its amazing the number of new posters here who sound exactly like some other posters

Its getting like Big Footy with all the alias accounts

58pie 

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 8:44 am

What hogwash! Of course the Club owes every supporter that supports them,
joins through membership or just being there. The CFC owes us to run the club as best they can and to play as best they can. What does side by side mean if it does not mean that? Go pies
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 9:17 am

58pie wrote:
joins through membership or just being there. The CFC owes us to run the club as best they can and to play as best they can. What does side by side mean if it does not mean that? Go pies

Side-by-side only applies to the marketing department to get supporters to pay. When it comes to the club itself, it's obvious that it's Eddie-by-Eddie and that the club is run by and run for Ed.

I wonder if Ed partakes in leading team's 360 degree feedback?
GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 9:25 am

seriously how did we lose to a forward line of jones casboult and everrit. Our list is good something not quite right at collingwood
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 9:40 am

What'sinaname wrote:
58pie wrote:

Side-by-side only applies to the marketing department to get supporters to pay. When it comes to the club itself, it's obvious that it's Eddie-by-Eddie and that the club is run by and run for Ed.

I wonder if Ed partakes in leading team's 360 degree feedback?

I expect he tells them exactly what he thinks, from all angles. What's your point?
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 9:41 am

Woods wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
^ I love the club,50 yrs a fan, and I can accept defeat, providing we have a red hot go, is that too much to ask or expect ?

Yes it is too much to ask, because you have no right to lay down expectations. I mean, who the hell do you think you are?

It's your own fault that you are disappointed by defeat because the expectation of winning is it seems why you "love the club" and are "50 years a fan". Sorry, but that's like getting into a 50 year marriage for the sex. You're going to be disappointed.

Just because you decided to make an emotional investment in Collingwood, doesn't mean Collingwood has to spread its legs for your gratification.

I hear they're workshopping a new slogan for next years membership drive, to replace 'side by side':

'Collingwood: WE OWE YOU NOTHING!'

Bound to be a fan favourite

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 9:58 am

Nathan Buckley was on Channel 7 Saturday Night Pre-Game Show.

Video at the link below.

@7AFL: BUCKS FULL INTERVIEW @ncb_cfc generous with his time and very candid with the Saturday Night pre-show @CollingwoodFC
https://twitter.com/7AFL/status/729075738670813184

daics aka the ruckman 

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 10:01 am

I get it that we had a lot of good players out through injury, we made three changes again, two six day breaks and a return from Perth. We lost by 15 points to a side playing well.
But the coaching on the day is ordinary.
Firstly Bucks doesn't motivate the players. He says he doesn't need to because they are professionals just like him. Five years in he clearly hasn't learned that some players need to be motivated.
Secondly why do we play with a forward line pushed up to the centreline. Its clearly coaches instructions because it never changes. Result is we get the ball and have no one to kick it to.
Highlights of the game will show Moore, White, Fasolo leading to the kicker, marking and scoring a goal. Lowlights will show a player running towards goal to get back in position trying to mark a ball running with the flight and failing. If we kept our forward line in the right spot, like every other team, we would have a chance.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 10:11 am

mandy wrote:
Woods wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
mandy wrote:
yin-YANG wrote:
surely the coach and players owe us something?

"surely"? How so? (serious question.) What exactly do you think you're personally owed by Nathan Buckley and the playing group? And why?

Go.

Seriously? We're not "owed" anything? I think we (the supporters, the paid up members, the frequent game goers) are owed s genuine effort and a genuine contest, not the amateur hour the club has dished up so far this season. If there was some semblance of direction you could forget the shortcomings of a young and inexperienced outfit, but the rubbish being dished up is borderline embarrassing.

Where do you get the arrogant idea that the club owes you anything? Where? You fork out a few dollars for a membership, a ticket and a scarf? So what.

Collingwood owes you nothing. You like me are just a spectator or customer. If you have built your personal identity around the club, that's your choice, not Collingwood's. If you don't like the brand of corn flakes you're buying, then swap brands. Up to you. But don't for a second think you are owed anything by Collingwood.

What Collingwood offers to those who want to be a supporter is something the club can't sell, and we can't buy. If you need me to tell you what that is you are miles from being a genuine Collingwood supporter. And I doubt you have moral integrity to ever be one.

Thank you. You have probably worded that much better than I could.

+1
typical of what's prevalent in society where so many people think the world owes them something. You want a return on your financial investment, buy a fricken house. If you think support is somehow aligned with the amount of money you've forked out then you're probably in it for the wrong reasons. Go and have a read of any membership thread, ffs, there are people who are actually pissed off about their free bumper stickers! Laughing Rolling Eyes

mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 10:42 am

Don't forget the quality of the scarves. #firstworldproblems
#SIDEBYSIDE
Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 10:44 am

I don't expect anything from the club other than my right to vote as a social club member. My vote is to remove Buckley
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 11:23 am

You know we don't get to elect the Coach?
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 11:25 am

I don't know if I know we don't get to elect the Coach . Where would I have heard about it?
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 11:58 am

stoliboy wrote:
Nathan Buckley was on Channel 7 Saturday Night Pre-Game Show.

Video at the link below.

@7AFL: BUCKS FULL INTERVIEW @ncb_cfc generous with his time and very candid with the Saturday Night pre-show @CollingwoodFC
https://twitter.com/7AFL/status/729075738670813184

Is a good interview. Again I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel but I haven't yet given up on the hope it's there. To me it boils down to, through injuries and form you simply can't win games with blokes who haven't played together or 12 blokes under 40 games or whatever it is. I'm disappointed but if we had the best side on the park I think we're still around middle of the table and that improvement is acceptable given there is so much up side and were at least heading in the right direction.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 16 of 20   

Jump to: