Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Nick's Posting XXII Round 7: vs Carlton

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 10:41 am
Post subject: Nick's Posting XXII Round 7: vs CarltonReply with quote

Quote:
In 2000 and something the Nick’s people elected me to be their coach.

That is a task that I resume today with humility, with honour and with an important sense of energy and purpose.

In recent years, Nick’s has failed the lovers of this great forum. There has just been too much negativity all round. There's been an erosion of trust. Negative destructive personal politics has done much to bring dishonour to our forum but done nothing to address the urgent challenges facing our forum, our communities, our families. In fact it's been holding our forum back.

And all this must stop, and with all my heart that is the purpose that I intend to pursue as Coach.

back in 2013, i had a second coming as coach of this rabble. the quote above is an excerpt of my welcome speech. after being knifed by people who shall remain nameless, i was deposed. many years ago, a former politician came at us with the unforgettable statement that "a souffle doesn't rise twice". well, according to nick's community it doesn't. it rises a third time. i am humbled by the numbers that didn't vote for the incumbent. and i laugh in the face of qldmagpie67 who is our very own version of barnaby joyce thinking he might rise to power. once is enough. i can promise you i will not head to china or go missing or allow qldmagpie67 take charge again. for that i am truly sorry.

in naming the team to face the mob from the dunghill on royal parade, we are focused on the long term. we have a plan. this is a plan for success and growth, this is not a short term political plan, this is a long term plan and everything in it, everything in it, the lack of game style that you've mentioned earlier, some timely player cuts, the investment, the innovation of the old magnetic board but new team formation, making winning sustainable, all of that is focused on the goal of ensuring that we have stronger growth and more and better ladder positions in the future. this is our football plan. if you are unsure of what i am saying, i can't really help you.

now is not the time for retribution. now is not the time for disharmony. now is not the time to be critical. we must unite. we must put in a four quarter effort against that rancid mob over at tanking carlton. i am confident we have the team to make this forum great again.

selection notes:
* a new team formation will be implemented. it's 2016 not 1972. we need to change it up a bit. we might even try a kite formation because the weather conditions suggest it will be windy af on the weekend.
* having told us on countless occasions he has played as a forward in a stellar career, i have had no option other than to name raw hammer as one of our tall forwards to see what he can do.
* inxs88 is our new sensation who will be the centre of attention in a new look midfield.
* thompsoc will come off the bench as a small, offensive forward and is expected to provide attack on anything and everything.
* RudeBoy has been given an opportunity to bounce back from the depths of despair and provide back up for stui magpie and our tall forwards.
* Redlight has been given the green light as our defensive forward and defender of the faith.
* derkd has been given the opportunity to wake up to himself about who should be coach.

tn_Nick's Posting XXII vs Carlton Round 7.jpg

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 10:49 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

So, testing times - will I turn out to be a fitting replacement for Stan Magro - or Denis O'Callaghan?
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 10:51 am

^ channel your best stan magro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v8V1_xVSd8

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 10:52 am

^^^ I have to say it - that happened "right in front of me".
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 10:54 am

Can I address the elephant in the room… what happened to Swoop? I hope he hasn't been knifed in the back by JR old school!
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 10:55 am

Dropped for giving my opponent drugs???? Shocked Crying or Very sad Sad
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 11:05 am

I will undertake my new role of Team Manager with the utmost integrity. Just slip me a hundred or two and I'll fix you up without fear or favour... Razz
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 11:19 am

I'm full of running for this one.
Was a bit sore after the half marathon prior to the subiaco game (and the positions Kelly got me into the night before Shocked )
Final hit out will be a soft sand run along the beach this morning, kicking sand in anyone's face who even looks like a filth supporter.
They're gunna wish they were never born! Twisted Evil

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 11:49 am

Lazza wrote:

given your documented hatred of the Bloozers I am shocked that you have joined me on the outer this week Lazza… I hope the team appreciates that a record winning streak awaits a pie victory against one of our oldest foes!

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 11:56 am

^ reputations alone will not deem anyone worthy of a spot.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 12:06 pm

yin-YANG wrote:
Lazza wrote:

given your documented hatred of the Bloozers I am shocked that you have joined me on the outer this week Lazza… I hope the team appreciates that a record winning streak awaits a pie victory against one of our oldest foes!

SO true yin YANG, totally agree. Hate the scum more than just about anything else in the world, except gutless terrorism or a coward's punch maybe. Evil or Very Mad

Talking about drugs, I can't wait to give JW a cuppa special tea the next time we meet. That will bloody teach him to drop absolute Nick's legends like you and me, especially against the Scum..... Shocked

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 12:52 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
I will undertake my new role of Team Manager with the utmost integrity. Just slip me a hundred or two and I'll fix you up without fear or favour... Razz

And when shopping for supplements do not go to Stephen Dank, unless there's someone you really do not like in the side. Laughing

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 12:56 pm

From loyal supporter of all coaches to handler of the poison chalice in our hour of need to snubbed fromer dictator.
Let this be a lesson to all. Make sure you truly kill off all challengers
If Robert Mumgawbe has taught us anything don't leave witnesses
I bow to you John Wren and be sure even though you felt me unworthy to grace the hallowed graces of the MCG against our most hated enemy I will take the demotion with all my true class
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 1:18 pm

Oh come on you swine!!!

Just because I had 7 kicked on me in the first?!?!
I wasn’t even there for the last, I went home at lunchtime, so it's hardly my fault!!!!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 2:05 pm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6   

Jump to: