Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

We are where we are, it is what it is.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 9:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

CarringbushCigar wrote:
More excuse threads per week than wins per year

Don't threat too much Carringbush, their moment of truth is drawing closer everyday.
Tezza23 

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 9:35 pm

Jez07 wrote:
piedys wrote:
Jez07 wrote:
I'm not worried about the personnel.

What I am worried about is the structures and systems. Regardless of age profile, they are non existent.

Agreed.

Monkey's mate does make sense mathematically, but it's still just deck-chairs on the Titanic, for the regime of the current coaching panel and fitness staff.

Footy Show are reporting there is going to be a big shake up for a big Melbourne club in a variety of offield positions and one fitness director is about to lose his job. I'd assume that is us and Davoren.

I would think that it would be Richmond as they have already signalled an intent to review their club. Our review is not scheduled until we fail to play finals for at least 10 years. We wouldn't want any knee jerk reactions.
Redlight 

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 9:38 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:

Don't threat too much Carringbush, their moment of truth is drawing closer everyday.

Interesting use of the word 'their'.

One certainly gets the impression that saying 'I told you so' would make you much happier than the Pies winning.
Redlight 

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 9:40 pm

redlight wrote:
I've heard this argument many times, on here about the Pies and in the media about virtually any struggling side.

"I can't tell what the game plan is"

If the playing group don't execute the game plan properly and fail to deliver it on game day, then how would anyone watching be able to discern what the intent of the coaching staff is?

Hawthorn looked like a side without a game plan when they were getting smashed by GWS. I'm pretty sure they have one though.

I think 'playing badly' and 'having no game plan' are often used interchangeably by fans and media alike.

Jez07 wrote:
Tell me what it is.

Huh?
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 9:49 pm

Redlight wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:

One certainly gets the impression that saying 'I told you so' would make you much happier than the Pies winning.

Bring me a flag... or even look like ever competing for one, and we wouldn't be having this conversation at all. But Alas, that's not the case and I believe time is finally starting to run out.
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 10:45 am

Beast wrote:
Can your mate give a detailed analysis of why 2013-2015 years have been a complete disaster too?

And just in case he wants to know why I've excluded 2012 from the question Bucks is on the record saying he hardly changed a thing that year.

Isn't that what he just did?

Did all those lost games through injury come in the first 5 rounds of this season?

Whatever way anyone cares to slice it, we were 8-3 at each mid-point in the last two seasons. Injuries cost us, it can't get any simpler.

Jez07 

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 11:22 am

AnthonyC wrote:
Beast wrote:
Can your mate give a detailed analysis of why 2013-2015 years have been a complete disaster too?

And just in case he wants to know why I've excluded 2012 from the question Bucks is on the record saying he hardly changed a thing that year.

Isn't that what he just did?

Did all those lost games through injury come in the first 5 rounds of this season?

Whatever way anyone cares to slice it, we were 8-3 at each mid-point in the last two seasons. Injuries cost us, it can't get any simpler.

Injuries didn't stop us from losing games to Port, Freo, Melbourne, Hawthorn, Essendon & the like.
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 11:35 am

^You state that like it's a fact.
Jez07 

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 11:42 am

AnthonyC wrote:
^You state that like it's a fact.

Because it is a fact.

Injury didn't stop us from failing to take our chances against Fremantle. The line up from the GWS game to the Fremantle game only changed when they dropped Kennedy for Blair. There were no injuries then.

It also didn't stop us from losing the other games.

Injuries are part of the cycle at every club. Every club Collingwood played in the second half of the season had vital players on their list injured. You have a limited football IQ if you can pinpoint injuries as the main cause of regression.
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 11:52 am

If you want an IQ challenge you will lose.

In any case, the whole argument is based on the fact that with less injuries the team is less disrupted, and of course players who would make the team but for the fact that they are injured would gain experience thus further resulting in improvement.

derkd 

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 11:57 am

Problem is King, It is fine if you accept that progression is an ever upwards curve. That is not always the case. Indeed i would say that you have to allow for the fact that not all those players will ever reach the "potential". Injuries may well continue for some. Form may fall away for others. What made our 2002 Grandfinal side so great is that it was for the most part average players (and very very young talent) who believed in the coach and the structure. We may well come good and become a great side. I am yet to see any evidence that we are any closer to progression then we were two years ago.

Last edited by derkd on Fri May 06, 2016 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jez07 

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 12:01 pm

AnthonyC wrote:
If you want an IQ challenge you will lose.

In any case, the whole argument is based on the fact that with less injuries the team is less disrupted, and of course players who would make the team but for the fact that they are injured would gain experience thus further resulting in improvement.

Can you please tell me how injuries stopped Collingwood from defeating Fremantle when they had no injuries.
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 12:18 pm

^I think you don't get it. It's not just about one game.

Think daniel menzel. He's not injured just at the moment (is he?). If he had not missed all that footy would he possibly be a better player than now? No-one really knows, but the thinking would be that the more you play the better you understand what is required.

Jez07 

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 12:32 pm

AnthonyC wrote:
^I think you don't get it. It's not just about one game.

Think daniel menzel. He's not injured just at the moment (is he?). If he had not missed all that footy would he possibly be a better player than now? No-one really knows, but the thinking would be that the more you play the better you understand what is required.

So who or who in or out of that Fremantle game would have made the difference to winning the game or not due to missing games in their career though injury? Did injuries stop Collingwood from beating an even more depleted Essendon side in the last round?
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 12:44 pm

Redlight wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:

Make NO mistake, the Sackers would love too see us lose too the Bluescum this week, they get a rise outa it,and jump handsprings of joy, they do get more satisfaction from defeat than victory, and have proved it time and time again. Rolling Eyes Mad

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: