Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 3:19 am
Post subject: 2007Reply with quote

Yesterday was a good old public holiday in balmy old England. So last night, I had a bit of free time and decided to watch the second half/extra time of the 2007 semi final over in WA.

That team was all heart. I know this may bring up the feeling that we should have gotten past the Cats in the Prelim, giving us a chance to take out the big one against Port. Sorry about that.

After watching the final moments a couple of times, when Swanny kicked a goal into the cheer squad, I couldn't help but feel a few things:

*I wish our team now would play with the heart and raw emotion of that night.

*We need to find another Medhurst. (He was 26 when he came across and became AA the following year. Could Fasolo be that guy??).

*We need to find another Clement. What a steal he was at the time.

*I wish Dane Swan was 23 again. What a game he had. And no tattoos.

*Seeing Rocca, at age 30, do what full forwards do and kick 3 goals gave me hope that Cloke can still become a factor.

*The respect Nathan Buckley received after the siren was huge and what a great game he played. His last win as a player. I'd love to see that smile on his face in the coaches box.

*Malthouse really was a great coach. I miss him around the club. It was absolutely crap to see him end up at Carlton. I still have mixed feelings about his departure.

*Seeing this game gave me hope that some day we'll turn things back around and again will see games that we'll still be talking about ten years later.

*I left the room with a trouser tent.

That last comment was for you What'sinaname. And no you shouldn't be worried.

What a season, what a game, what heartbreak to follow. But only 3 years away from true glory. Proud and exciting times to be a Pie. Bring it back Pies!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: