Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

2016 A Magpies Season Disgrace?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 11:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean your name is John?
mudlark 

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 9:51 am
Post subject: Re: YesReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
mudlark wrote:
Hiss. I don't want to get into a slanging match,I merely want to write a list,a fairly longish list and ask for your thoughts on it.
Dane Swan
Taylor Adams
Travis Varcoe
Jackson Ramsay.
Jamie Elliot.
Jarryd Witt
Travis Cloke
Tyson Goldsack
Marley Williams
And as an extra I'll throw in Matt Sharenberg.
It is my belief that each and everyone of these names would have been on the run on team in just about any game we would play.

It could be argued that this is a mere 2 players short of the total destruction of Essendope ,which is all we hear about from the bleeding heart brigade who think they have been hard done by. No top up players for us.No!!! We put in a rookie Yank playing his second game and a kid from Queensland who should be a kid who is slipped in every now and then when we rest some players in an easy game.Maynard Frost maybe Sinclair probably wouldn't get a guernsey if all were available and maybe Greenwood and Broomhead would be playing VFL The Jury seems to be split i=on Grundy/Witts but I'm of the firm belief that Witts will be our No1 ruckman and is better than Grundy ,who has had a few games to forget.
I know people will say ALL clubs have injuries,but you need not look any further that Footscray,who have lost 3 players and are now struggling and will find it more difficult with each game as their stars class is missed more and more.
Gold Coast Started 3 zip and are now 3 & 3 and have about 7 players out.Top line players and Ablett is playing injured,much the same as Pendles is.
Free have lost about 4 top line players and haven't won a game.

Then of course we have Essendope who are the top of the list with12 out and nothing more needs to be said.
We have.of course, seen the demise of Richmond because they have had Deledio out and it's all they talk about."When he gets back we'll be fine they said"??? And of course,if Whorethorn have a bad day,they miss Roughead "Terribly"!!!
So Hiss,when you talk about how piss weak we are,do you take into account that we have 1/2 our senior list out or are you of the opinion that a good club can cover losses such as we have at present and rookies should be able to step up to the plate???

sshhhh, you are talking too much COMMON SENSE,and too much of THAT AROUND these parts, upsets the "perceptive fellow" bigrade far too much. Cool

I respond with merely a few comparison Clubs to explain and compare. North Melbourne, Footscray, Hawthorn, Geelong. Why have these clubs been competitive for years now and yet we still flounder with stupid fans offering puerile excuses year in year out. When you start demanding success and stop sitting cozy with excuses, you might find more pressure applied to our Board to make changes or piss off. I am proud of the success of these other Clubs I have mentioned. They are run for their fans and do not accept failure. Measure them against us over the last five years.

Our membership numbers will continue to decline with gutless cowards offering pathetic excuses for our failure.

I never really ever took much notice of you hiss because I just thought you were like a comic act who wasn't really that funny ,but you are quite clearly a braindead moron ,as opposed to a "Gutless coward" but you have proved today that you even surpass that low level,with your vile tripe you spout.
It'e patently obvious that when confronted with facts,you literally fall to tiny little pieces,which match your brain,by what I can see. I put some facts and names before you and you come back with the biggest load of horse shit I have seen.You are just an illogical hillbilly and you carry not one scintilla of credibility.You should just hitch your trailer and find a new park as others have suggested. Port Adelaide would probably accept you with open arms .caravan and all.
winpies Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 12:21 pm

Yes this season has been a disappointing start but lets put things in perspective.

Injuries have taken a toll, our number 1 forward focus - Cloke is playing nowhere near his best footy over the start of the season and as for last week against the Weagles, as Buckly said on 360 last night, we had 7 players who have played less than 25 games of football against a much more experienced and hardened team!!

At the start of the year I was telling people that if we made the 8 I would say we had a good season. Most "experts" didn't even have us in the 8 this year.

I think a lot of people have put to much expectations on this year and we all need to sit back, relax and have a look at the reality of our situation and our young inexperienced (not just in age but also playing together) list.

It takes a couple of years of a team playing together to hit its straps and really understand the coach's game plan and each others footy style.

We were always looking at being competitive (top 4) in another two years after the kids have 50+ games under their belt.

We have some great kids coming through.

Patience is called for, not the coaches head or drastic changes.

Go Pies!

Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 2:56 pm

If you want to use injuries as an excuse, you should only look at A and B graders. You should always be able to replace C graders so dont count them.

So missing Swan as the A grader, Adams, Elliot and Varcoe as B.
Cloke doesnt count as isnt injured.
Rest are C.

So arguably only 4 significant injuries. Thats not a lot.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 6:45 pm

Lone Ranger wrote:
If you want to use injuries as an excuse, you should only look at A and B graders. You should always be able to replace C graders so dont count them.

Rest are C.

bull, that same amount is badly affecting the doggies now Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
jatsad 

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 7:14 pm

Lone Ranger wrote:

Rest are C.

That argument is ridiculous.
A good team will always beat a team of champs.

Remember that saying.

Those players are vital to team structure therefore hugely important.

Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:07 pm

Ive said losing Swan, Adams, Elliot, Varcoe hurts.
Cloke isnt injured.
So which injured players that are vital to team structure are you referring to?
Witts?
Jackson Ramsay?
Tyson Goldsack?
Marley Williams?

Piesnchess, Bulldogs are 4/2 and would be 5/2 if not robbed against Hawthorn. Their injuries dont have them playing as poorly as we are.

We have not got a lot of injuries and need to stop using it as an excuse.
uncanny 

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:59 pm

Pete 70 wrote:
Neither club plat nor Eddie - although I went to same High School. At Coll v Fitzroy 1980 somethingish elimation final we were 2 11 points down with a minute to go I was 11 years old and was in teras and wanted to leave. My father said you always stay to the end. He was right. I learned a good lesson. Ive never left early since then - prelimanry final in 84 was pretty tough - there are other examples. I reckon you stay the course. Now this is different to a sensible debate on the direction of the club. I get that but I apologise for playing the man Hiss but I get emotional sometimes as well. In my heart of hearts I didnt think we were going to win (although I still tipped us) but in the second and 3rd quaters we had last years grand finalists, who were on the rebound and well on top at their home ground, on the ropes. With 7 players with less than 25 games, with 2 of our starting midfield injured and the third in that midfield clearly injured, our most experienced and expensive forward horribly out of form and yet we played a good, strong style of football in those 2 quarters - I know its not good enough, and the statements above are not excuses but they are facts. There is the basis of something good there. Two commitments form me (Ill hold myself to it - beacuse I really enjoy the interaction on this forum - and dont want to do the "Im out of here stuff"): 1 I wont play the man again - no matter how emotional I get; 2 Im not giving up on this year. Have a good week all.

spot on pete70

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: