Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down to Weagles. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomhacker38 

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:17 pm
Post subject: 2016Reply with quote

Just watched 1990 GF video/CD .......... no for 2010.............
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
I noticed several nice thing by Cox, but one that stood out for me was when an eagles player had grabbed the ball while on his hands and knees...rather than dive in and give away a free, he sort of just hovered over him, leaning on him with his knees, blocking the quick handball away, until the WCE player got to his feet and was promptly tackled by Pendles I think. Free kick to the Pies.

Its little stuff like that, smart stuff at times of high pressure, that excite me about the yank. I think he might be a thinker. Unusually for a ruckman, almost unheard of for a yank

He's smart.

He went for a few marks one handed to tap it up to himself then grab the ball. One occasion after tapping it up, he must have heard a call and instead of trying to grab it he tapped it over the back.

Lots of little things show he is a thinker and has a lot more game sense than a lot of blokes raised with the game.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 10:02 pm

roar wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Is it just me or is anyone else disappointed with Greenwood?

I was disappointed when we got him.

Fair to say i'm sure he's disappointed he left the Roos now...

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 10:52 pm

piedys wrote:
roar wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Is it just me or is anyone else disappointed with Greenwood?

I was disappointed when we got him.

Fair to say i'm sure he's disappointed he left the Roos now...

Him and Treloar probably have drinks together thinking about what could have been.

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 11:23 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:
Oi, who's in charge of that weekly report voting poll?

I wanna cast my vote.

Was that your doing Caringbush?

Yes Mads what can i do ?

All good mate, you've put the poll up & I voted...

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
duke750 

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 5:22 am

9 unanswered goals is not acceptable. Obviously we lack skills, but I seriously question the on-field leaders and coaching staff.

Pendles is a great player but too introverted to be captain (not sure who?). It would be interesting to see who the masses on Nicks think the captain should be.

What are the coaching staff doing in the box during the avalanch? Planning the next Bali recruiting trip? Surely after 4 or 5 goals you react savagely. In days gone by you could call a count. Man on man? Flood the defence?

There have been too many instances of avalanches of unanswered goals during Buckleys time, and I don't think he knows what to do about them.

E 

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 7:37 am

stui magpie wrote:
I noticed several nice thing by Cox, but one that stood out for me was when an eagles player had grabbed the ball while on his hands and knees...rather than dive in and give away a free, he sort of just hovered over him, leaning on him with his knees, blocking the quick handball away, until the WCE player got to his feet and was promptly tackled by Pendles I think. Free kick to the Pies.

Its little stuff like that, smart stuff at times of high pressure, that excite me about the yank. I think he might be a thinker. Unusually for a ruckman, almost unheard of for a yank

He's smart.

He went for a few marks one handed to tap it up to himself then grab the ball. One occasion after tapping it up, he must have heard a call and instead of trying to grab it he tapped it over the back.

Lots of little things show he is a thinker and has a lot more game sense than a lot of blokes raised with the game.

true of most players with a basketball background. Pendles, etc. Court vision traslates very well to the footy field.

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 6:32 pm

Skids wrote:
The highlight for me was just after our last goal, moments before the siren. I stood up and yelled at their scumbag supporters " You might have won the game but you're all still a pack of arseholes!"
They just all looked at me as blank as a piece of A4...... nothing Smile

Well played Sir, well played

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 6:34 pm

stui magpie wrote:

He's smart.

Any props for the yank joke Stui? Laughing

melliot 

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 7:13 pm

stui magpie wrote:

He's smart.

I can't resist........

Like any male, maybe the Club should let the Cox do all the thinking!
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 7:46 pm

melliot wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

He's smart.

I can't resist........

Like any male, maybe the Club should let the Cox do all the thinking!

Thats the spirit...laughter is what separates us from the animals...except for the hyena.....and screw him, damn Buckley hating troll...anyone for a lollipop?

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 8:13 pm

duke750 wrote:
9 unanswered goals is not acceptable. Obviously we lack skills, but I seriously question the on-field leaders and coaching staff.

Pendles is a great player but too introverted to be captain (not sure who?). It would be interesting to see who the masses on Nicks think the captain should be.

What are the coaching staff doing in the box during the avalanch? Planning the next Bali recruiting trip? Surely after 4 or 5 goals you react savagely. In days gone by you could call a count. Man on man? Flood the defence?

There have been too many instances of avalanches of unanswered goals during Buckleys time, and I don't think he knows what to do about them.

I disagree. 9 unanswered goals is very acceptable (provided Collingwood kicks them).
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 10:13 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
duke750 wrote:

I disagree. 9 unanswered goals is very acceptable (provided Collingwood kicks them).

Hear hear!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10   

Jump to: