Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down to Weagles. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanuki wrote:
Jezza wrote:

our continual insistence to implement a zone defence that doesn't work and we cannot execute properly is very frustrating to watch.

This

There's no alternative. You have to play zone defense, everyone does players are no longer in fixed positions so man on man is really not possible. We need to get better at it and you don't do that by not playing it.

The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:45 pm

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
I thought that was excellent, except for the 6 unanswered goals at the start and the 9 unanswered goals later in the game.

Take those out and we win by 4 goals easing up....if these trends continue.....

Except for the four losses, we're 2-0!

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:46 pm

[quote="AN_Inkling"

Unfortunately we dropped away again late and the margin doesn't reflect the amount of good work we put in for half the game. That's one of the challenges under Bucks, when we get down we give up goals very quickly and that needs to change.[/quote]

Not intending to over simply things, but I agree. If we can get some strategies going to stop the run-ons that other teams can get against us, we'll be highly competitive.
It wasn't all negative today.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:48 pm

yin-YANG wrote:
mudlark wrote:
Shameful display. The Comedy slipping act was funny to watch though and turned the tide of what could have been a comeback.Gotta laugh.Frost is the biggest spud ever to don a Collingwood guernsey and Nathan Brown must have pictures of someone because he hasn't a clue about full backing or football for that matter. And ain't it grand we've found ANOTHER turnover king in Smith??? 29 touches and just about turned them all over,not to mention his part in the comedy threesome.Levi Greenwood is woeful. indescribably bad. We're cooked and we need to get a full back quick smart. I'd like to know the free kick tally. I know we got shafted there as well.

I think Keefe will be back next year so Brown will be under some pressure - but right now there are limited options…

Overall I think Brown, Frost and Reid are good enough - our problems are more to do with a lack of mid pressure and lack of support for our backs more than individual players weaknesses.

A half gram of coke short of having a decent fullback; a sobering thought

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:48 pm

The_Staunton wrote:
That's where we are at, we accept the Josh Smiths of this world, nice kid, has a dip, but guess what? Can't kick! Another one...the cycle continues. And why does everyone we bring in from another club fall into the land of the bland? Greenwood? 2nd in the Kangaroos B&F? Now a plodding tagger. Aish? Another plodder, can't hit a target. And what is the plan? "Draft picks - ? - 2018 Premiership!" - from where? We aren't within 5 years of GWS in development, St Kilda and Melbourne are coming...and we have no picks early next year. This is the group folks, we're stuck with...this.

The losses are just so inevitable, so predictable, you feel like doing something else with your time. There's no one to rally around, no one that stands out. Just a parade of plodders and good blokes.

I seriously don't know where this clubs next finals appearance is coming from, but it's not from this group and this strategy that's for sure.

Things can turn around quickly in terms of making finals but I don't particular buy into this illusion that we'll be contending for a flag in 2017-2018 all of a sudden. Sometimes we forget how hard they are to win and with GWS' era beginning and sides like the Bulldogs showing far more upside than we are currently it's hard to see how we'll compete with that right now.

The same noises were being made about 2016-2017 two or three years ago and here we are we haven't displayed substantial improvement despite incorporating a younger team with far more upside and potential.

Based on what I see right now we're a long way off winning a flag.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:49 pm

The_Staunton wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:
Awful team

Boring, bland plodders - Josh Smith, thanks for having a crack, but another in a long, long, long line of Buckley plodders who just can't kick.

Capable of 1/2 an effort, but so far down the pecking order it's shameful

Not even capable of getting angry, just an awful club at the moment

Me too, i just feel nothing watching this team. Even through the mini comeback I knew it would only provide false hope. So brittle under pressure, 3 guys slip over creating an eagles goal in the last qtr with the game in the balance and we throw in the towel. We allow a 3 goal contest (with the wind advantage) to cascade into a 10 goal flogging. No heart, no soul, no nothing. And it never changes. We start and end games so poorly, never give ourselves a chance.

That's where we are at, we accept the Josh Smiths of this world, nice kid, has a dip, but guess what? Can't kick! Another one...the cycle continues. And why does everyone we bring in from another club fall into the land of the bland? Greenwood? 2nd in the Kangaroos B&F? Now a plodding tagger. Aish? Another plodder, can't hit a target. And what is the plan? "Draft picks - ? - 2018 Premiership!" - from where? We aren't within 5 years of GWS in development, St Kilda and Melbourne are coming...and we have no picks early next year. This is the group folks, we're stuck with...this.

The losses are just so inevitable, so predictable, you feel like doing something else with your time. There's no one to rally around, no one that stands out. Just a parade of plodders and good blokes.

I seriously don't know where this clubs next finals appearance is coming from, but it's not from this group and this strategy that's for sure.

I suggest we throw a big party.
Get the nerds and the straights to let down their hair.
They are too uptight ... need to get loose like Chris Gayle.
We will throw in an invite to Heater and Seeds.

The_Staunton Virgo

PyreneesPie wrote:
[quote="AN_Inkling"

Unfortunately we dropped away again late and the margin doesn't reflect the amount of good work we put in for half the game. That's one of the challenges under Bucks, when we get down we give up goals very quickly and that needs to change.

Not intending to over simply things, but I agree. If we can get some strategies going to stop the run-ons that other teams can get against us, we'll be highly competitive.
It wasn't all negative today.[/quote]

And just in the interest of that, we've been waiting since the Hawthorn loss of 2012 to stop run ons, and we're still waiting...which is why we're so negative in the anti Buckley camp (in the interests of debate)

AN_Inkling 

PyreneesPie wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

Unfortunately we dropped away again late and the margin doesn't reflect the amount of good work we put in for half the game. That's one of the challenges under Bucks, when we get down we give up goals very quickly and that needs to change.

It wasn't all negative today.

The result looks a lot worse than it was. The fact is the Eagles are a very destructive team and have belted teams that aren't Sydney or Hawthorn. Especially at home they were always going to be too good for us. We showed we could match it with them when we were going, unfortunately that late run makes it looks as if we weren't competitive. There are definitely positives to take out of the game but also plenty to work on.

Last edited by AN_Inkling on Sun May 01, 2016 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:50 pm

watt price tully wrote:
makri wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
I thought that was excellent, except for the 6 unanswered goals at the start and the 9 unanswered goals later in the game.

Excellent bar 15 answered goals. There's an contradiction if ever I heard one.

Try irony. I hear the Kenyans were burning lots of it recently Razz Wink

Then again that's irrelevant which is the correct answer. Groucho Marx once shot an elephant in his pyjamas, what the elephant was doing there he had no idea.

"I Went and saw my pies play today"

"Take a beating?"

"No thanks, Eagles already gave us one!".

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:50 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Tanuki wrote:
Jezza wrote:

our continual insistence to implement a zone defence that doesn't work and we cannot execute properly is very frustrating to watch.

This

There's no alternative. You have to play zone defense, everyone does players are no longer in fixed positions so man on man is really not possible. We need to get better at it and you don't do that by not playing it.

I do agree with this theoretically, and my idea of wanting to play man-on-man is most likely a fantasy at best, but our inability to execute it properly is very frustrating.

Is it a coaching problem or a personnel problem?

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:51 pm

makri wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
makri wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Excellent bar 15 answered goals. There's an contradiction if ever I heard one.

It was actually just meant as a joke to cheer people up a bit. Sorry if it didn't work for you.

Now is not the time for jokes

Now is exactly the time, Makri! Go watch your favourite standup on YouTube for half an hour and brainwash yourself out it! Not to malign Pies4Shaw's efforts, of course Razz

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:51 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Tanuki wrote:
Jezza wrote:

This

No
Most sides play a short zone and man on man towards the back.

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:55 pm

The_Staunton wrote:
Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Take those out and we win by 4 goals easing up....if these trends continue.....

Except for the four losses, we're 2-0!

Thats the spirit....here, have a lollipop

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:56 pm

thompsoc wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Tanuki wrote:
Jezza wrote:

This

No
Most sides play a short zone and man on man towards the back.

I don't think he means they *always* stay in a zone and never actually contest regardless of what happens up-field!

"Jones, Smith and Black, this pack of four opponents forming to mark that long ball in from the centre square is in my zone. Get the hell out!"

The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:59 pm

Jezza wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:

Things can turn around quickly in terms of making finals but I don't particular buy into this illusion that we'll be contending for a flag in 2017-2018 all of a sudden. Sometimes we forget how hard they are to win and with GWS' era beginning and sides like the Bulldogs showing far more upside than we are currently it's hard to see how we'll compete with that right now.

The same noises were being made about 2016-2017 two or three years ago and here we are we haven't displayed substantial improvement despite incorporating a younger team with far more upside and potential.

Based on what I see right now we're a long way off winning a flag.

That's what the clubs mantra is, "2018 is our year", well, we keep pushing it back and pushing it back...there's no potential flag in this group. We can't kick. It's sometimes that simple. The talent isn't there after all this time, this whole rebuild, we still wheel out the Josh Smiths and the "great stories"...

Beating Carlton is a must, and enjoyable, but it doesn't solve anything. The club is stuck. I'd love to know how this coaching group, with this strategy and this list, is going to ever achieve anything. And I HOPE like hell in 2022 someone digs this post out and calls me an idiot, but today, I feel we are so far off elite, it's not even funny.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10   

Jump to: