Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Can we just get rid of Nathan Brown

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 9:08 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

melliot wrote:
TBH I was going to write a similar but less harsh thread that Frost shouldn't be played again. I thought he was very poor. He is not good enough to be the one lock down defender and offers nothing as a rebounder.

We need to trial some else there.

Hurley should be the target if we continue to think we are on the rise. But that may be delusional thought.

Really? I never understand this forum when it comes to players like Frosty. He may not be a superstar, but he sure is a bloody good foot soldier, a grunt who never stops trying. We would have been a lot worse of without him yesterday.

As for Brown, I think some ask too much of him. He is bloody strong, no he doesn't have the athleticism of Reid, but he also stands his ground better. You don't need one type of defender, you need a team effort of strength, agility, speed, and brains, and leadership. Reid is agility and brains, brown strength and brains, frosty is a foot soldier, we really miss Adams and Marley. I'm picking one of them to be the next general like maxy and heater were.

What we are missing in defence is leadership. We run around like headless chooks.

What is with giving players 5-10 metres every play? Every other team plays man on man in defence, surely there must be something in it!

There are certainly things wrong with our players, but I'm pointing my finger at the "game plan". 100%. What ever it looks like in Buckleys head, it doesn't work out on the field. Clearly. The players either don't understand it, can't execute it, or maybe it just stinks! Whatever, it is ruining confidence, and with that skills go out the door. Not many players out there enjoying themselves, even sideys grin is gone.

Something needs to change before a team of good players loose all faith, something needs to change to make these good players a team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: