Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Is Jarryd Blair the best small forward since Daicos?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 3:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

E wrote:
I think he is good enough to play for a premiership calibre team....

Sorted. Arrange the trade with the suckers, errr... highest bidder... so we can rubber-stamp it. Nice work.

Dyso

E 

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 3:05 am

sadly that premiership team is turning out to be the most unloved group of premiership players in the history of the AFL because a disloyal fan base has forgotten the great joy they brought to their lives for that magical period from 2009 to 2011.

Names like Thomas, Blair, Goldsack, Lumumba, Dawes, Beams, Jolly, Brown, Macaffer, Wellingham, T. Cloke, Toovey and Leon Davis should all have special places in all of our hearts. Instead we spew vitiol upon them almost daily!!!

At least Didak, Pendles, L. Brown, Maxwell, Ball, Swan, BJ, Sidey, B Reid and Heath Shaw have escaped the knife for the minute, but I'm pretty shaw that at least 4 of them have spent a fair amount of time in the dog house at various stages of their careers.

Can you imagine Hawks fans turning on Dermie the way we are turning on T. Cloke? its a disgrace!

roar 

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 5:05 pm

Comparing Cloke to Brereton is laughable.
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 6:36 pm

roar wrote:
Comparing Cloke to Brereton is laughable.

And thus E rests his case.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 11:55 pm

E wrote:
sadly that premiership team is turning out to be the most unloved group of premiership players in the history of the AFL because a disloyal fan base has forgotten the great joy they brought to their lives for that magical period from 2009 to 2011.

Names like Thomas, Blair, Goldsack, Lumumba, Dawes, Beams, Jolly, Brown, Macaffer, Wellingham, T. Cloke, Toovey and Leon Davis should all have special places in all of our hearts. Instead we spew vitiol upon them almost daily!!!

At least Didak, Pendles, L. Brown, Maxwell, Ball, Swan, BJ, Sidey, B Reid and Heath Shaw have escaped the knife for the minute, but I'm pretty shaw that at least 4 of them have spent a fair amount of time in the dog house at various stages of their careers.

Can you imagine Hawks fans turning on Dermie the way we are turning on T. Cloke? its a disgrace!

Hey E, stop talking so much sense on this forum. If you keep going with it even I might report you to the mods.

Jez07 

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 1:31 am

E wrote:

Very strange post. You do know that in 2012, a clueless coach tried to play Dawes as a Leigh Brown type ruckman/forward and basically ran him into the ground and shot his confidence. At the end of the year, the same clueless coach and his man management skills told Dawes he was on the trading block and managed to run him out of the club.

The coach and his inability to deal with players who played in premierships and didn't have the same, boring and uninspiring personality as the coach is a big reason why many of these players left and are unloved now by the faithful.
E 

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 1:51 am

Jez07 wrote:
E wrote:

Very strange post. You do know that in 2012, a clueless coach tried to play Dawes as a Leigh Brown type ruckman/forward and basically ran him into the ground and shot his confidence. At the end of the year, the same clueless coach and his man management skills told Dawes he was on the trading block and managed to run him out of the club.

The coach and his inability to deal with players who played in premierships and didn't have the same, boring and uninspiring personality as the coach is a big reason why many of these players left and are unloved now by the faithful.

Wow. so now the coach influences how you feel about players.

I agree the coach ran Dawes out of Collingwood. What he has done on half a million a year for 4 years since kind of justifies the coach's belief that unless Dawes could be an effective second ruckman, he had no place in the side.

the part that is harder to understand is how that has forced this board to turn on Dawes and the eleven other premiership players mentioned above? Are you guys that incapable of common sense.

I think that this board would benefit from a new rule. Every time a premeirship player is written about, each poster should be required to type ", 2010 Collingwood premiership player" after their name.

So for example - Blair, 2010 Collingwood premiership player, is shit and Collingwood will never have a premiership caliber team while he is still in the team.....

Or - Daisy Thomas, 2010 Collingwood Premiership Player is a selfish money grubbing mercenary....

makes it harder to be a jackass (apologies to jackass)

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 5:40 pm

E wrote:
So for example - Blair, 2010 Collingwood premiership player, is shit and Collingwood will never have a premiership calibre team while he is still in the team.....

Yeppppppppp.
Malthouse developed a hard-on for Blair about halfway through 2010, while he coasted and front-ran off the efforts of Swan, Pendles, Thomas, Didak etc.
Meanwhile Lockyer, Medhurst, O'Bree, Fraser [and later Davis] all got royally SHAFTED after YEARS of winning matches for us, while this bloke just waltzes in riding the coat-tails of the senior players, and steals their glory?
And what improvement did he ever really show once Buckley took over?
SWEET F*CK ALL. Because he hasn't the talent to be AFL standard.
So don't expect myself or any of the other Sacksters, to pander and kiss his arse for being in the right place at the right time.
You'll notice he got subbed out in the 2011 GF for being utterly USELESS.

You'll also note that none of the 1990 Premiership team get slagged off on this forum. Do you ever wonder why that is?

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 5:59 pm

Has anyone seen Lachie Ferguson in the VFL?
About the same size as Blair.
I reckon Fergie is a better footballer than Blair.
That is what I think of Blair.

E 

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 3:40 am

piedys wrote:
E wrote:
So for example - Blair, 2010 Collingwood premiership player, is shit and Collingwood will never have a premiership calibre team while he is still in the team.....

Yeppppppppp.
Malthouse developed a hard-on for Blair about halfway through 2010, while he coasted and front-ran off the efforts of Swan, Pendles, Thomas, Didak etc.
Meanwhile Lockyer, Medhurst, O'Bree, Fraser [and later Davis] all got royally SHAFTED after YEARS of winning matches for us, while this bloke just waltzes in riding the coat-tails of the senior players, and steals their glory?
So don't expect myself or any of the other Sacksters, to pander and kiss his arse for being in the right place at the right time.

You'll also note that none of the 1990 Premiership team get slagged off on this forum. Do you ever wonder why that is?

Yes I do. 2 reasons. First, they have all retired and time heals all wounds. Secondly, collingwood kept all of those players waaaaay too long Bc they were premiership players which lead to an extended period of whit collingwood teams. As a result of this, very few played for other clubs which is why we keep liking them.

I'm glad we didn't do that with the 2010 model.

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 8:39 am

E wrote:
piedys wrote:
E wrote:

Yeppppppppp.

Yes I do. 2 reasons. First, they have all retired and time heals all wounds. Secondly, collingwood kept all of those players waaaaay too long Bc they were premiership players which lead to an extended period of whit collingwood teams. As a result of this, very few played for other clubs which is why we keep liking them.

I'm glad we didn't do that with the 2010 model.

The players listed by Piedys were pretty unlucky really given their ages and contribution to our club - especially when you consider what Blair contributed - then in 2010 and now!

Obree was turning 31 in 2010 Lockyer 30 with Fraser, Medhurst and Davis 29…

Ok Fraser was replaced with Jolly and Leroy however Blair was very lucky to push out some of those smaller blokes and claim a premiership medallion for contributing nothing in our finals games! And he has hung around because the current team has drifted into mediocrity and that is a problem - we need to see Blair moved on - but atm there is not much pressure to push him out! Sad

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 8:59 am

Blair was burning up the grass in the VFL and demanding a game in 2010. Whatever the position now, there's no need to rewrite history. Watching the twos in those days, there was absolutely no doubt in my mind that he had to be in the senior side.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 9:07 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Blair was burning up the grass in the VFL and demanding a game in 2010. Whatever the position now, there's no need to rewrite history. Watching the twos in those days, there was absolutely no doubt in my mind that he had to be in the senior side.

He didn't do much in the seniors though… no doubt his tackling and intensity helped the forward pressure and MMs game plan and pace was a factor for the oldies that missed out but still the guy didn't bring much to the senior team and still struggles to do so. I don't think he should be dropped though - he needs to be pushed out with some newbies who can add more value. Highlighting our current predicament!

E 

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 4:08 pm

Gee his goal in the second quarter today was world class!!!! Smith not capable of something like that!!
kickit2me Taurus

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 4:09 pm

3 votes. J. Blair.

2016 Copeland trphy winner is............Blair!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 2 of 19   

Jump to: