Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Is Jarryd Blair the best small forward since Daicos?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:16 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

September Zeros wrote:
E wrote:
September Zeros wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
September Zeros wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
So E you said nothing there except he goes in hard in a pack.
reliable shot.....it would be good if he had a few shots. But he averages less than 15 goals per season.
Not much point being a reliable shot when you don't get a shot!
So your whole argument is that he goes in hard in a pack.
My dog goes in hard when there is a pack but my mutt can't play footy just like jarrod.
And yes I forgot to mention the drawn 2010 gf where he got 10 disposals at an effective disposal rate of 50%.
So in 3 gf's he got 22 touches with effective touches of a rate close to 12 touches out of 22 disposals.
Like i said 12 effective touches in 3 yes 3 gf's is up there with the great derek shaw who got none in one gf.
He never lived down that infamous outing.
So, the Hobbit averaged 4 effective disposals per gf.
What a wonderful effort.
But you and your cronies keep mentioning his premiership medal as evidence of his value.
He was a liability then as he is a liability now.
But he plays his role just like you do as an apologist on this board.
So who is this tommy sook?

Its not a question about Blair's worth, everybody knows his deficiencies as a player.

Its more a question of why you thommsoc, hate on him so dam hard?

Good question there SZ.
Because it is systematic of the wrong direction the club has taken.
Two weeks ago JDG was dropped for Blair.
If we are going to go the rebuild then lets rebuild.
But no ...instead of getting another game into JDG we put in Blair instead.
Bux likes Blair because he is tough, hard working and always tries to follow instructions.
But a coach has to also value skills, flair and footy smarts.
But no this coach wants Blair because it is this type of character that he values over all else.
Blair has played over 100 games and he should be damn proud of this.
It is not Blair fault that he gets picked every week.
I want to develop other players instead of Blair.
Because to me he is not up to standard.
As if the world is not full of midgets who can play footy.
But we get rid of a KPP in Cloke who you are likely to jag once in
every generation.
It is not about Blair it is about the culture at Collinwood that keeps playing a dud.

I whole heartedly agree re Cloke.

I also agree re our decision making at the selection table at times. However JDG may well be being managed and I don't think he's a good example.

A better example is why Cloke wasn't selected against the Dogs in place of the kickless Blair from the week before. I over looked this at first but in retrospect it was a mistake but alas in keeping with the flawed two prong attack we seem hell bent on persisting with.

But this is not Blair's fault and its one of the few times this year we have had the selection option. Its been slim pickings on our forward line thanks to long term injuries which has decreased the pool of available players. Had they all been available all year I think you would have seen less of J. Blair.

Thus I disagree strongly the line of thinking that he is gifted games.
It's narrow minded to not see the true reasons for his selection and simply blame it on poor club culture.

Lastly I have said and will continue to say that I agree re Blair's shortcomings as a footballer, what I despise is the hate he cops for doing no more than pulling the boots on and doing his best for our club.

the main reason the pies got crushed by the tigers is that the three pronged forward line of Cox, Cloke and White made rebounding the ball out of half back the easiest thing in the world. It is a structure doomed to fail. For Blair to be removed there needs to be a better defensive minded forward (i.e., one who can stop the ball from rebounding out of the forward line as fast as it does when Cox, Cloke and white are all in the same forward line). sadly, Crocker hasn't stepped up, and Faz, Elliot, Swan and Broomhead all appear to be a little banged up at the moment.

I Disagree the structure of a three pronged attack is doomed to fail...just the personal we have available to do it.

Moore, White and an in form Cloke offer a lot more defensive pressure than the inclusion of Cox does. Put Elliot, Faz and Swan at their feet and I think you'd see a pretty potent forward 6. A shade slow perhaps, but still potent. Sadly I don't think this will ever occur now.

We are saying the same thing. Put three players in a forward line who cant help in keeping the ball forward and you are dead!!!

If you agree with that, then you agree that there is some merit to a player who helps with forward pressure.

E 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:18 am

doriswilgus wrote:
I didn't even notice him tonight.Considering the ball was in our forward line most of the night that's surely a bad sign.It means he's just not having any impact on games at all.

he was good tonight. you guys don't even notice how good De goey is. how could you possibly appreciate Blairs lesser talent.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:49 am

E wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
I didn't even notice him tonight.Considering the ball was in our forward line most of the night that's surely a bad sign.It means he's just not having any impact on games at all.

he was good tonight. you guys don't even notice how good De goey is. how could you possibly appreciate Blairs lesser talent.

He was shit, and so was Degoey, open your eye E (cheek spreading required)

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:04 am

I wont waste my breath on the Blair thing, (or point out his brilliant intercept, perfectly placed KICK to Pendles that got us the easiest goal of the night) but De Goey? Really? Is he the next whipping boy? I don't get it I really don't!. Yeah he makes mistakes, he's a kid, but he has the never quit effort of Blair, his decision making is improving, and he's in everything.

Not every player can be a 7 foot demigod who's father was an absolute champion. This kid is going yo be a very important link man for the future. And he will bag more than his share of goals.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:37 pm

Hopefully played his last game now.
Would be happy to give his spot to Macaffer next week.

No qualms with DeGoey.

Museman 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:39 pm

Far to slow with ball in hand atm, wants
To much time and doesn't posses the speed to allow himself that with 16 defenders in your forward 50.... Jdg has a similar issue, but alas has more assets with which to work, he will be fine....
Blair not so much.
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:14 pm

I've been a bit of a supporter of Blair (a slightly quieter one this year Laughing ).
Love his effort and can't really blame him when he has to be the leading CHF target because nobody else will do it.

But, I've deadset had enough of this bloke trying to take pack marks only to see the ball swept away by the opposition at ground level. Happens weekly.
STAY DOWN FFS!!!!!

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:20 pm

think positive wrote:
I wont waste my breath on the Blair thing, (or point out his brilliant intercept, perfectly placed KICK to Pendles that got us the easiest goal of the night) but De Goey? Really? Is he the next whipping boy? I don't get it I really don't!. Yeah he makes mistakes, he's a kid, but he has the never quit effort of Blair, his decision making is improving, and he's in everything.

Not every player can be a 7 foot demigod who's father was an absolute champion. This kid is going yo be a very important link man for the future. And he will bag more than his share of goals.

That's the issue with de Goey there, TP. Effort. Or lack thereof.
I don't think anybody is saying he's no good (maybe Bob but he's not exactly averse to making outlandish statements Laughing ).
The knock on the boy at this stage is/was lack of chasing and lack of awareness, which have clearly improved since his recall from the seconds (and change of footwear Very Happy ) - his strengths are his ball winning ability in close and his penetrating right foot when he has time and space.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
E 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:55 am

Bob Sugar wrote:
E wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:

He was shit, and so was Degoey, open your eye E (cheek spreading required)

and word is Crocker was fantastic. Right?

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:17 am

Yes De Goey kicked 3 on Saturday. Shocking performance for a small/mid forward.
I thought he was good this week and considered him for votes in the GB medal.

Blair tries his guts out, but appears to be having more ball handling problems lately and is getting caught. Someone needs to take his place though and guys like Broomhead haven't been on the park to do so.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:21 am

Who?
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:25 am

Albert Parker wrote:

Blair tries his guts out, but appears to be having more ball handling problems lately and is getting caught. Someone needs to take his place though and guys like Broomhead haven't been on the park to do so.

I seem to recall Blair providing at least 3 goals assists this week. When we have someone else who can do that and kick a few himself, I expect we will play them.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:56 am

Mugwump wrote:
Albert Parker wrote:

I seem to recall Blair providing at least 3 goals assists this week. When we have someone else who can do that and kick a few himself, I expect we will play them.

Yep, Pendles goal for a start was from a direct assist, perfect kick straight to his waiting arms.

With the ball skills on display right now, that's something right there.

Someone mentioned him not trying to mark, stay down, and I agree, but who is telling the mids to kick in his direction, instead of the talls we have?

That's where we need to keep Cloke, now we have another goal kicker, he makes the perfect foil, and without three defenders hanging off him, who knows what he might achieve? Give him the chance. The last games he has played for the seniors, he's played up the ground on the wing. Not too many kick goals from there.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:31 am

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=5&playerStatus2=I&tid2=5&type=A&pid1=3205&pid2=417&fid1=S&fid2=P&fopt2=2010

Just for fun!
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:28 am

Mugwump wrote:
Albert Parker wrote:

No goals for the last 3 weeks.
What a wonderful player Mugwump.
13 goals for the year.
The hobbit is on fire!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 18 of 19   

Jump to: