Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Victorian State Politics

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, seems it's official. The unions are running Victoria.

The new Nurses EBA, which hasn't actually been seen yet, has apparently been approved by the government and payrises are to go through in the next couple of weeks, depending on the pay cycle.

Lets not bother with little legislated detail, like the draft document has to be made available to all the people covered by it, then formally voted on and assuming the vote is positive, be put to the Fair Work commission for review and certification before it's actually a legal agreement.

Bugger all that, we'll just pay everyone now and worry about the detail later Rolling Eyes

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:04 pm

We get the Unions running the ALP and Big Business running the Libs. Difference is we have projects being rolled out and jobs being created whilst that little cocker spaniel Lib leader bitches and moans about everything (as you do now in opposition).
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:30 pm

I'll give Dandrews some credit, I can't get a real fix on him. He's hard to pin down to a type.

I'll pay your comparison, but I've never ever seen this level of dropping draws when the union says so, and I worked in the federal system during Hawke's "participative approach" (shudder) which turned me off unions for life.

Dandrews does make things happen, he seems to have a plan and the guts to crash through to make it happen. Traits I like. He also is big on capital projects, infrastructure and looking to do stuff that (in the main) needs to be done. He has a new setup to encourage business to Victoria which is straight from the Liberal playbook.

He does a lot of things I can like, but also a lot I don't.

As I said to someone the other day, I'd walk funny too if I had Setka and Fitzpatrick both with their whole forearms up my arse vying for control.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:43 pm

stui magpie wrote:

The new Nurses EBA, which hasn't actually been seen yet, has apparently been approved by the government and payrises are to go through in the next couple of weeks, depending on the pay cycle.

Lets not bother with little legislated detail, like the draft document has to be made available to all the people covered by it, then formally voted on and assuming the vote is positive, be put to the Fair Work commission for review and certification before it's actually a legal agreement.

Bugger all that, we'll just pay everyone now and worry about the detail later Rolling Eyes

Yeah from next pay period and back pay from April woo hoo!! 😀😀😀😛

According to the ANMF email I got it says ballot to formally accept will probably be mid October.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:11 pm

Morrigu wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Yeah from next pay period and back pay from April woo hoo!! 😀😀😀😛

According to the ANMF email I got it says ballot to formally accept will probably be mid October.

How the hell can you start getting paid on an agreement that hasn't been accepted yet?
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:02 pm

^ dunno don't care - show me the money!!! Laughing
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:13 am

stui magpie wrote:
I'll give Dandrews some credit, I can't get a real fix on him. He's hard to pin down to a type.

I'll pay your comparison, but I've never ever seen this level of dropping draws when the union says so, and I worked in the federal system during Hawke's "participative approach" (shudder) which turned me off unions for life.

Dandrews does make things happen, he seems to have a plan and the guts to crash through to make it happen. Traits I like. He also is big on capital projects, infrastructure and looking to do stuff that (in the main) needs to be done. He has a new setup to encourage business to Victoria which is straight from the Liberal playbook.

He does a lot of things I can like, but also a lot I don't.

As I said to someone the other day, I'd walk funny too if I had Setka and Fitzpatrick both with their whole forearms up my arse vying for control.
You are always going to have vested interest groups. Whether it be Unions or some rich multinational backing either side. From my perspective where work was bleak a few years back as the LNP sat on their hands and hoped to be reelected. We now have a Government that just goes ahead and does things. Yes they scrapped the East West link but they have put more projects on the agenda with more companies. You cannot please everyone Stui. With the Williamstown shipyard to basically cease operations in September and all the Auto workers to be unemployed soon, this Government are doing their best to create jobs and yes spending money. I am all for Governments spending dollars to create work. Expect for the Sub program as that's a complete waste of $$$ Very Happy

And Stui I prefer Unions pumping money into the ALP than that of the Chinese Businesses pumping money into the Liberal Party.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:28 pm

Michaela Cash total f*ckup: unable to explain how CFA volunteers would actually be affected by the MFB agreement.

She tried to exploit this by shamelessly using a CFA volunteer during the Ash Wednesday fires many years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PvctU6aHU0

The reason she couldn't explain how the CFA would be adversely affected is because they won't be adversely affected.

Last edited by watt price tully on Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:01 pm

And Danny Boy is doing real well at the moment. Shaping as Krudd mk 2 if the stuff coming from within Labor is real.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/whiteanted-or-exposed-daniel-andrews-reputation-under-siege-20160829-gr3ew6.html

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:28 am

stui magpie wrote:
And Danny Boy is doing real well at the moment. Shaping as Krudd mk 2 if the stuff coming from within Labor is real.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/whiteanted-or-exposed-daniel-andrews-reputation-under-siege-20160829-gr3ew6.html

Piss & wind mate.

Try this for real stuff not just speculative mud slinging:

Victorian government seeks permanent fracking, coal seam gas ban

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/state-politics/victorian-government-seeks-permanent-fracking-coal-seam-gas-ban/news-story/055f4625da55af9dd0834bcc60a41377

fracking hell, how many CFA volunteers support the ban I wonder Wink

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:28 am

stui magpie wrote:

A woman's scorn is venom. People wonder why the LNP don't like women in cabinet. Shocked

Garret has been caught out lying and is now in deflection mode. Watch this space Stui.

Danny Boy and the ALP have done more to get this State moving in their short period in office than the LNP did in two terms and the Conservatives are pissed off.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:43 pm

Culprit wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

A woman's scorn is venom. People wonder why the LNP don't like women in cabinet. Shocked

Garret has been caught out lying and is now in deflection mode. Watch this space Stui.

Danny Boy and the ALP have done more to get this State moving in their short period in office than the LNP did in two terms and the Conservatives are pissed off.

I'll keep an eye on it all right. I agree they've got the state moving and are doing some good things, but behind the scenes there's some serious micro managing going on, which makes me wonder if they can keep it without cracking or really stuffing up. Gonna be interesting to watch.

watt price tully wrote:

Try this for real stuff not just speculative mud slinging:

Victorian government seeks permanent damn, coal seam gas ban

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/state-politics/victorian-government-seeks-permanent-damn-coal-seam-gas-ban/news-story/055f4625da55af9dd0834bcc60a41377

Banning fracking falls into the camp of good stuff he's doing, no argument.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:01 pm

So Andrews is looking to introduce a euthanasia bill into parliament.

Quote:
VOLUNTARY euthanasia laws are likely to go before State Parliament next year, with the Andrews Government establishing an expert panel to advise it on an appropriate model.

The groundbreaking and controversial laws are expected to be similar to those recommended by a parliamentary committee earlier this year, and would have a range of safeguards built in.

That committee said laws should only apply to people suffering from a serious and incurable disease who are at the end of life, and who are of sound decision making capacity.

The parliaments Inquiry into End of Life Choices recommended that a taskforce be created to oversee the process, and the government will respond in full on Thursday.

Seriously this guy does my head in. One minute I want to stab him, the next I want to give him a hug. Confused

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/voluntary-euthanasia-laws-to-go-before-victorian-parliament/news-story/abc7a6c6f5fd9fde4a875f8df1e3d8e2

FWIW in case it's not clear, I'm very much for controlled euthanasia.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:02 pm

Sixty seconds is not long.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:14 pm

^

It's long enough to throttle a robot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: