Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Victorian State Politics

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

watt price tully wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Goodness, wpt - do you have to sound quite so much like you're door-knocking for him?

What promises hasn't he kept so far P4S?

I was commenting on the style of your post - I have less than no interest in its substantive content.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:30 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Goodness, wpt - do you have to sound quite so much like you're door-knocking for him?

What promises hasn't he kept so far P4S?

I was commenting on the style of your post - I have less than no interest in its substantive content.

In the words of Midnight Oil - short memory my friend

You forgot how bad the last lot were in this state.
May I remind you of the decimation of TAFE & the privatization of everything else etc.

Accordingly, in that light I'm more than happy to promote this state government.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:09 am

Dave The Man wrote:
All that Matthew Guy does is Bitch about the Labor Party and comes up with Nothing New
He is like a Jack Russell snapping at your heals. Small man syndrome and I had to laugh he said Andrew's infrastructure plans are for now, not about the future. Shocked Laughing
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:13 am

Oops. Too much data.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:59 pm

So while I've been away, Dandrews has sacked the board of the CFA, the emergency services minister has resigned and he's handed control of the CFA directly to the union, the former two actions because they disagreed with him.

Lisa Fitzpatrick must be spewing, the ANMF could be legitimately running health in Victoria if she'd pushed harder instead of having to do it behind the scenes.

Labor, putting unions first. Rolling Eyes

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:37 pm

Some might say putting workers' rights and conditions first. But I'm not up on the ins and outs of this issue.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:04 pm

^

Read up on it. Without volunteers the CFA would not work. The union doesn't like volunteers because they don't pay union membership fees.

Hope we don't have a wet spring and hot summer, this could come back to bite really hard.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:59 am

As an ex CFA volunteer all I can say is nothing has changed in 30 years. You have the group who believe the only way is the CFA way and the other group is the only way is the union way. This has been brewing for years, finally it may be sorted but I doubt it. Too many people trying to score political points than rather look at the issue objectively.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:39 am

stui magpie wrote:
^

Read up on it. Without volunteers the CFA would not work. The union doesn't like volunteers because they don't pay union membership fees.

Hope we don't have a wet spring and hot summer, this could come back to bite really hard.

Let's not be too melodramatic Stui. Jet lag still lingering? Razz Wink News limited is not a good source of balanced coverage here. Need to read a lot more than the Hun on the issue.

Politically Andrews left a vacuum that was filled by the partisan & histrionic News limited & opportunistic State & Federal Libs - that was a mistake. Shorten must be spewing.

The CFA have for many years been recalcitrant, top heavy and dysfunctional. However this has virtually zero to do with the dedicated fine work that volunteers do.

Don't confuse mass hysteria with facts.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:40 am

"Without your space helmet Dave, you're going to find that rather difficult" -- HAL.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:03 am

watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
^

Let's not be too melodramatic Stui. Jet lag still lingering? Razz Wink News limited is not a good source of balanced coverage here. Need to read a lot more than the Hun on the issue.

Politically Andrews left a vacuum that was filled by the partisan & histrionic News limited & opportunistic State & Federal Libs - that was a mistake. Shorten must be spewing.

The CFA have for many years been recalcitrant, top heavy and dysfunctional. However this has virtually zero to do with the dedicated fine work that volunteers do.

Yes jet lag is still lingering, but I don't rely on the Hun for news, I read several sources.

Quote:
A top barrister who assisted the Bushfires Royal Commission has described the controversial agreement between the Andrews government and the firefighters union as "highly unsatisfactory" for volunteer firefighters, in a doorstop interview at a country fire station.
Jack Rush, QC, was praised for his role investigating the Black Saturday fires in 2009, when 173 people died.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/top-barrister-says-fire-deal-is-highly-unsatisfactory-for-volunteer-firefighters-20160613-gpi3b1.html#ixzz4BVWAFSTf
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:40 pm

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
^

Yes jet lag is still lingering, but I don't rely on the Hun for news, I read several sources.

Quote:
A top barrister who assisted the Bushfires Royal Commission has described the controversial agreement between the Andrews government and the firefighters union as "highly unsatisfactory" for volunteer firefighters, in a doorstop interview at a country fire station.
Jack Rush, QC, was praised for his role investigating the Black Saturday fires in 2009, when 173 people died.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/top-barrister-says-fire-deal-is-highly-unsatisfactory-for-volunteer-firefighters-20160613-gpi3b1.html#ixzz4BVWAFSTf
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

Not fair enough but a touch Wink

However, two issues of note here:

1. For quite some time now the Aged (as some poster here coined the term some time ago) is more catchya / tabloid than the tabloid itself.

2. He would say that wouldn't he? that is the Jack Rush stand as the CFA's legal opinion (cue P4S)

A lot needs to come out yet but the CFA organisation needs to be brought to the fold.

Having said that Andrews handling of the matter was troubling, as I noted earlier: politically, he left a vacuum (while he was in the US on trade & policing matters).

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:10 am

Dave The Man wrote:
All that Matthew Guy does is Bitch about the Labor Party and comes up with Nothing New

Isn't that what every opposition leader and party does? Rolling Eyes

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:49 am

Jezza wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Isn't that what every opposition leader and party does? Rolling Eyes
It's current day politics and that is why people just switch off.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:41 am

Oppositions used to offer an alternative policy platform and policy. This ended after John Hewson's Fightback and to a lesser extent Mark Latham. Hewson laid out for the electorate in specific detail his alternative and subsequently lost an election that he had no right to lose.

Since then oppositions would rather tear down the Government's agenda and try and sway the electorate through slogans and psychology. I still have an intense interest in politics but I'm starting to question that, I haven't paid any attention to the current Australian election, I despise both Turnbull and Shorten, Labor and Liberal and feel that neither party; the only two that might form Government, represent me at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: