Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

In the second half of the year

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:48 pm
Post subject: In the second half of the yearReply with quote

I just wonder if the high tempo style can be maintained through June and July and into the finals. I don't know the stats, but surely the injuries and lack of rotations are really going to cause an acceleration in miles on players clocks leading to more breakdowns and slower footy in winter. Collingwood's style may come more to the fore when clubs start to slow down, coz I think its inevitable.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Even more so as the grounds get a bit damp under foot during winter.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:00 pm

the complexion of the game has to change soon. they can't possibly keep up the breakneck speed that the game is being played at. i expect our team to come into its own as the winter months. the stoppage footy will suit us better.
Big T 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:58 pm

We have the longest injury list, as always. If that stays the same then we won't be able to take much advantage.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:01 pm

You all sound like you're clutching at straws to be honest... our slow pace style suits slower conditions... I mean come on be serious - we're seriously outclassed at present vs any decent sides and frankly out coached on a regular basis.
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:09 pm

This point was also made by Chris Scott on 360 a few weeks ago - he feels that teams will not be able to sustain this early pace.
I expect that ST.K, Melb, Suns and GWS will suffer.

i also give credit to Bucks because he has realised that last years game plan needed to change and be less taxing because of the rotations cap.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:24 pm

you'd think the planning for the change in interchange would have commenced 18 months ago. we saw some of that during last season with the resting of players forward of the ball.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:20 pm

interesting stat on afl360 regarding time spent in midfield across the welfare's and pauperoos' players. there is a more even spread across the formers whilst the latter the load has been apportioned to only a few. i'd hazard a guess ours would be fairly evenly spread across 8-10 players.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:00 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
You all sound like you're clutching at straws to be honest... our slow pace style suits slower conditions... I mean come on be serious - we're seriously outclassed at present vs any decent sides and frankly out coached on a regular basis.

f me.

its better to clutch at straws than to give up and f drown. ffs take a good hard look at the negativity and lack of ticker in that approach.

give up. its this sort of attitude that has diminished marriage and turned relationships into short term contracts with f free agency after 6 or 7 years.

i won't give up. i will clutch at as many straws as it takes to stay positive and offer suggestions as to fixing what we have instead of throwing it out and getting a new one.

AND NO I DON'T WANT THE F EXTENDED WARRANTY!!! Razz

Peace out.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:16 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Even more so as the grounds get a bit damp under foot during winter.

I agree turn the sprinklers on and get some mud from dingley tip!

www.facebook/the hybernators
Robbie 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:47 pm
Post subject: Another amateur CoachReply with quote

I understand how difficult it is to watch the Mighty Magpies lose any game, and yet I would appreciate the amateur coaches out there to let us enjoy a great win before passing further judgement. Side by Side we stick Together, Go Pies.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:00 pm

You know what happened to the boy who cried wolf in the story? Right?

Redlight 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:30 am

Cam wrote:

f me.

its better to clutch at straws than to give up and f drown. ffs take a good hard look at the negativity and lack of ticker in that approach.

give up. its this sort of attitude that has diminished marriage and turned relationships into short term contracts with f free agency after 6 or 7 years.

i won't give up. i will clutch at as many straws as it takes to stay positive and offer suggestions as to fixing what we have instead of throwing it out and getting a new one.

Peace out.

Wise move. That extended warranty is always a stitch up. Smile
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 am

Cam wrote:

f me.

Peace out.

No one is 'Giving up', in fact that's why us "perceptive fellow" make so much noise - we won't give up because what's been happening in the last few years has been pretty much unacceptable. Build it and they shall come.. also life doesn't have a warranty.
Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:08 am

Thanks Cam for an interesting post and for showing some passion.

Love how tbwcw makes out his extreme negativity is actually positive action. Thanks Tony Abbott for normalising this type of behaviour

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: