Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Lumumba and Shaw

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BJ Aquarius

Harry C - The champion of the Harrys

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:33 pm
Post subject: Lumumba and ShawReply with quote

Could do with these two off half back.
Just sayin'

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

No run and carry from the backline.
Heater and Harry and Seedsman all gone.
It is run, carry and spread and all 3 could do this.
But the party boys can stuff off.

Greening gold 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:05 pm
Post subject: Re: Lumumba and ShawReply with quote

BJ wrote:
Could do with these two off half back.
Just sayin'

Thought the same thing when I watched Heater v Port last week here in Manuka - he was busy organising the backline structure all game, same as Maxy did. Was it 4 or 5 marks Heater took in the 3Q today? Heritier played a good one tonight against Richmond. Other Collingwood rejects that are getting a game every week in winning clubs include Ceglar, Seedsman and Kennedy, and I think we passed on Tim O'Brien at Hawks too. Rhys Shaw kicked on OK as well.
Good to see we changed the culture of the club and ditched so many blokes who couldn't get a game with us and now play in winning teams.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:07 pm

We could, and in the case of Shaw especially the club always knew that, but while I'm critical of the amount of run we've traded out of the team those two aren't great examples. Lumumba for Varcoe is a wash and Adams for Shaw is a win for us, we needed to bring in more young talent. The way Shaw left was a discredit to himself and of club, player relations but the outcome was a positive one.

The one thing I would say: we could have traded in Varcoe and also kept Lumumba. That's again skewing our age profile higher though and I think the decision to stay young and just replace Lumumba with a like player was the right one. And that's from a big Lumumba fan who'd love to see him still at the club.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:14 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
We could, and in the case of Shaw especially the club always knew that, but while I'm critical of the amount of run we've traded out of the team those two aren't great examples. Lumumba for Varcoe is a wash and Adams for Shaw is a win for us, we needed to bring in more young talent. The way Shaw left was a discredit to himself and of club, player relations but the outcome was a positive one.

The one thing I would say: we could have traded in Varcoe and also kept Lumumba. That's again skewing our age profile higher though and I think the decision to stay young and just replace Lumumba with a like player was the right one. And that's from a big Lumumba fan who'd love to see him still at the club.

Varcoe for Harry is a win.
Adams for Heater is a complete loss.
Seriously Heater is an AA and would kill Adams on a football panel rating vote of who is better.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:17 pm

^^Heath Shaw's 30. I'd love him at the club but trading in a younger player was a good move for us given the stage of our list build. His onfield behaviour and performance in his final season didn't leave the club much choice, happy for him to be given the boot at the time.
Greening gold 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:25 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
^^Heath Shaw's 30. I'd love him at the club but trading in a younger player was a good move for us given the stage of our list build. His onfield behaviour and performance in his final season didn't leave the club much choice, happy for him to be given the boot at the time.

Given that he doesn't seem to be having any problems at GWS and in fact is employed as a p/t coach and mentor to the young blokes, do you reckon that whatever problems he may have been having at Vic Park were all his fault?

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:31 pm

Different environment, away from party mates, out of the spotlight and finally a bit of maturity has helped.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:35 pm

I hated Heater going. However, almost everybody here seemed to think it was a great thing and had to be done, at the time.
kickit2me Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:36 pm

Don't forget Wellingham.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:11 am

Shaw single-handedly sunk our 2013 finals campaign against Port with his selfish, obstinate and petulant ways. Gifted 2 goals just on half time and put himself ahead of every teammate, supporter and coach. For a 28 year old with 9 senior years experience this was unforgivable so any history revisionists out there should just remember the facts!!
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:31 am

I have to disagree, even though Shaw was a total idiot during that game, it doesn't change the fact that Bucks looked like a clown in the coaches box all game, and was totally out coached by Hinkley - this is the game where I personally jumped off board with the Buckley fail train.
daics aka the ruckman 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:40 am

I listened to the first quarter last week GWS v Port. Heath Shaw gave away three free kicks in the first quarter which resulted in goals. He also gave away two 50's for mouthing off to the umpire.
It reminded me of why we traded him.

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:52 am

I'd take Adams over Heater at this stage because he's in the right age demographic for our next tilt at a flag.
leaderless2016 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:13 am

Adams fits the demographic from a rebuild sense, but I would love to understand where the clubs see's our next leaders coming from.

Overall, still think we made the right decision on this one, don't forget, Heath was beginning to loss the plot in his final year, most supporters were quite happy to trade him out while he still had value.

Last edited by leaderless2016 on Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: