Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 4 - Northern Blues vs Collingwood at Preston City Oval

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
Who was #25 for Preston?

He be getting a Very Long Holiday after Cheap Shot on Crocker in last Qtr

Little bloke with darkish skin? If yes that would be Clem Smith assuming they use the same deal we do and the AFL listed players wear their own numbers in the VFL

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:25 pm

roar wrote:
What's the word on Marsh? He's not listed on the injury list...

Had severe cramp last week, obviously they decided not to risk him off a 6 day break...
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:27 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Who was #25 for Preston?

Little bloke with darkish skin? If yes that would be Clem Smith assuming they use the same deal we do and the AFL listed players wear their own numbers in the VFL

Wasn't Smith.

#25 wasn't listed in the Record.

They have a really f-cked numbering system at that club. Some Carlton blokes get to keep their numbers, others don't and play as 70 or 80 somethings...
Larry 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:28 pm

Magpie Bat good to meet you at last weeks game, back in Perth now, as always thanks for the call. Sounds like Cloke and others played like they want to be there unlike last week.
Larry 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:29 pm

How did Wills go?
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:30 pm

stui magpie wrote:
A couple of observations from me, I watched the game (first 3 quarters) from the wing near the interchange.

The umpiring was shit. The hands in the back rule obviously isn't being applied anymore and it was clear that Cloke must've run over at least one of the umpires dogs or rooted his missus or both because it seemed like they could do anything to him they wanted but if he farted in the general vicinity of a Bloos player it was a free kick. At one point I turned to the bloke I was with and quipped that the umpires were obviously colourblind, they thought the Northern Blues were wearing Hawthorn Jumpers

(Free kick Hawthorn)

Cloke I thought worked hard all day without a lot of luck but the effort was there. He was getting a bit frustrated by the manhandling and no frees but I recon he has to forget that, ignore the infringements and just go at the ball.

I really liked the look of Rupert Wills. Seemed to be basically utility size, could almost play as a slightly undersized key forward in a pinch but it's his work ethic when the ball is in his vicinity that struck me. This kid is a bull. He just charges into the contest, lays tackles, wrestles the ball away from opponents and then charges out the other side with the ball shrugging off tackles on the way. Gets in good positions and while not incredibly quick has some toe when he pushes it and has a thumping kick. Me likey.

White played well I thought, he was doing a Reid and controlling the backline and at one point it looked like the Bloos were actually playing a defensive forward on him.

Sier did a few nice things, needs to get involved more, little bit reactive but shows some quality.

Interesting as most of the coaching staff seemed to have gone to Perth, Witts was acting as line coach for the midfield and was very serious about it, talking closely with the players, pointing and giving instructions at the 1/4 time break.

White seemed to have a similar role with the backline as after the notional line coach (who I think was Scharenberg) finished his talking, Jesse took over and was doing all the talking prior to Tapping calling them in to the team huddle.

Overall, not a bad performance by the boys, nice ground (first time I've been there, it's actually not that far from home) but it's an absolute prick getting parking around there.

Cheers Stui great report maybe you should have stayed to the and done some coaching yourself as we fell off late by the reports of MB
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:30 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
who were our best players?

In no particular order, Wills, Phillips, White, Crocker, Macaffer from the AFL listers.

From the VFL, Kelly, Hellier, Moloney, Hore, Collopy.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:34 pm

Larry wrote:
How did Wills go?

Very well. Has probably been our best performer over the first month and was again a contender for Best on, in my view.

Got ironed out at the first centre bounce (which as anyone who has seen him live will tell you takes some doing), but he shook it off well enough and played another very good game.

Wouldn't mind giving him a shot against the real Carlton next week...
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:40 pm

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Just wondering if you think Crocker is due for a call up to the seniors MB?

Sounds like he had another good game

He was good, yes indeed.

Still doesn't cover quite as much ground as you would like (played very much pockets-to-flanks), but he makes things happen. Kicks goals and, more importantly, kicks to Collingwood jumpers.

I'd like to see him get up the ground a lot more for another few weeks, but if the selectors do decide to give him a go in the seniors, I certainly won't be complaining...
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:43 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Who was #25 for Preston?

It was not Smith as the guy was White Skinned

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:44 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
who were our best players?

In no particular order, Wills, Phillips, White, Crocker, Macaffer from the AFL listers.

From the VFL, Kelly, Hellier, Moloney, Hore, Collopy.

I felt Crocker and Phillips where 2 that far where our Bests

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:46 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Just wondering if you think Crocker is due for a call up to the seniors MB?

Sounds like he had another good game

He was good, yes indeed.

Still doesn't cover quite as much ground as you would like (played very much pockets-to-flanks), but he makes things happen. Kicks goals and, more importantly, kicks to Collingwood jumpers.

I'd like to see him get up the ground a lot more for another few weeks, but if the selectors do decide to give him a go in the seniors, I certainly won't be complaining...

He manily plays Forward so he does not cover as much ground.

Plus was Hampered for 2nd half as had Strapping on left Leg in 2nd Half.

Crocker does make thing Happen. He be in most Scotes Involments today

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:17 pm

stui magpie wrote:
A couple of observations from me, I watched the game (first 3 quarters) from the wing near the interchange.

The umpiring was shit. The hands in the back rule obviously isn't being applied anymore and it was clear that Cloke must've run over at least one of the umpires dogs or rooted his missus or both because it seemed like they could do anything to him they wanted but if he farted in the general vicinity of a Bloos player it was a free kick. At one point I turned to the bloke I was with and quipped that the umpires were obviously colourblind, they thought the Northern Blues were wearing Hawthorn Jumpers

(Free kick Hawthorn)

Cloke I thought worked hard all day without a lot of luck but the effort was there. He was getting a bit frustrated by the manhandling and no frees but I recon he has to forget that, ignore the infringements and just go at the ball.

I really liked the look of Rupert Wills. Seemed to be basically utility size, could almost play as a slightly undersized key forward in a pinch but it's his work ethic when the ball is in his vicinity that struck me. This kid is a bull. He just charges into the contest, lays tackles, wrestles the ball away from opponents and then charges out the other side with the ball shrugging off tackles on the way. Gets in good positions and while not incredibly quick has some toe when he pushes it and has a thumping kick. Me likey.

White played well I thought, he was doing a Reid and controlling the backline and at one point it looked like the Bloos were actually playing a defensive forward on him.

Sier did a few nice things, needs to get involved more, little bit reactive but shows some quality.

Interesting as most of the coaching staff seemed to have gone to Perth, Witts was acting as line coach for the midfield and was very serious about it, talking closely with the players, pointing and giving instructions at the 1/4 time break.

White seemed to have a similar role with the backline as after the notional line coach (who I think was Scharenberg) finished his talking, Jesse took over and was doing all the talking prior to Tapping calling them in to the team huddle.

Overall, not a bad performance by the boys, nice ground (first time I've been there, it's actually not that far from home) but it's an absolute prick getting parking around there.

Thats fantastic, clearly shows the clubs faith in the big man...would be surprised if we traded him at end of year

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:18 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Just got there.

Loved Crockers game BOG for me

Is he cherry ripe Dave? Ready for a run against the blues?

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:37 pm

stui magpie wrote:
WTF happened? We were 5 goals up when I left at 3/4 time. Confused

Simple solution don't leave Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11   

Jump to: