Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What action can we as fans take re. injuries?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heater_39 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:35 am
Post subject: What action can we as fans take re. injuries?Reply with quote

Seems very petty but I just wonder whether we as in the supporter of this great club need to vent our disgust at the current situation with our injured players?

There has been a really worrying trend over the past few years of players who have been rushed back only to be injured again. There has also been players being misdiagnosed and allowed to complete full pre seasons only to require surgery or time on the sidelines - Think Daisy and Jamie Elliott.

I'm not going to bother creating a list of all the players that have been injured over the last 4 years, but rest assured it is horrific and no doubt MUCH HIGHER than AFL average.

Is it solely Daroven's fault? Can we honestly say that 99% of these injuries are just purely unlucky?

Does anyone remember the so called expert Daroven's standing up in front of our members and presenting and telling us all that there was no way known Cyril Rioli would play in the 2014 AFL grand final as he had seen the scans of his hammy and he was absolutely no chance of getting up? For the record, Cyril walked away with a premiership medallion around his neck that year!

Can we sign a petition with a letter stating that we are all extremely concerned at the rapid and consistent rate of injuries to our players ?? Does anyone else feel like it never ends with the injuries?
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:02 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

It makes me angry that these fitness coaches are not accountable whatsoever. we have a string of injuries under this idiot but its just 'bad luck'.
If if our injuries were minimal we would be praising him.

This guy must be laughing, he can't lose.
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:04 am

Also Bill 'touch of death' Davoren buggered up Footscrays' list for three years, yet we recuited him?
Redlight 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:08 am

Davoren only started in the 2014 preseason, it's a bit rich to blame him for the last four years of injuries.
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:47 am

If you have genuine concerns and want to be taken seriously by the club do the legwork to demonstrate that we are worse off than other clubs re injury rates.

I just looked at the injury lists post round 6 and we have 1 soft tissue injury. Most of the others are collision injuries or knees which aren't down to the fitness or medical staff.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:20 am

I'm not blaming Davoran. I did that two years ago, but the situation was explained pretty well at the members night that year. I've also watched him working closely with Scharenberg and it's clear the guy is very dedicated. His predecessor Butters, had more than a few injuries at Carlton last year, so you sort of wonder what Davoran inherited when he came to Collingwood.
How much of the injuries are due to the training regime at Collingwood and how many of the injuries are due to certain players having a history of injurying themselves whoever is in charge of the fitness program? Goldsack has a history of being injured. Freeman is injured at St Kilda. Sinclair has always had weak hamstrings. Gault's body has never really adjusted to the growth spurt he had as a teenager. Scharenberg's older brother did his ACL so knees run in Scharenberg's family.
The depressing thing is that you go and watch the team train. We have about 30 fit guys on the training track and of those, about 5 are first year players who aren't expected to play senior footy this year. So when it comes to choosing the team, we're choosing 22 players from an available list of 25-27 senior players. You just can't sustain that over a 22 home and away season.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:29 am

nomadjack wrote:
If you have genuine concerns and want to be taken seriously by the club do the legwork to demonstrate that we are worse off than other clubs re injury rates.

I just looked at the injury lists post round 6 and we have 1 soft tissue injury. Most of the others are collision injuries or knees which aren't down to the fitness or medical staff.

Only 1 soft tissue injury? See, that's the problem, right there: they're not training hard enough. Smile
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:00 am

I doubt that there's anything at all we can do really except to make our feelings known at the members forum at the end of the season, if that's still happening...

The spate of injuries is just incredible though. We have had some terrible luck in this dept - especially with ACLs and just long termers in general.

I don't know if it's bad luck or bad management or a combination of the both.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:26 pm

This is seriously the biggest heap of horse shite of a post I have ever seen on this site.REALLY??? let's jump up and down and hold our breath because Dane Swan broke his friggin' leg? Ramsey did his knee?? Williams did an ankle?? Howe broke his finger as well as Goldsack.Elliot hurt his back.Get outta here.Fair dinkum . Sad
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:36 pm

mudlark wrote:
This is seriously the biggest heap of horse shite of a post I have ever seen on this site.REALLY??? let's jump up and down and hold our breath because Dane Swan broke his friggin' leg? Ramsey did his knee?? Williams did an ankle?? Howe broke his finger as well as Goldsack.Elliot hurt his back.Get outta here.Fair dinkum . Sad

Injuries ONLY ever happen at Collingwood though........... Sad Crying or Very sad Confused

roar 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:39 pm

Maybe we can get a witch doctor down there to get rid of the $£$%^%%$ curse that's been placed on us.
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:02 pm

roar wrote:
Maybe we can get a witch doctor down there to get rid of the $£$%^%%$ curse that's been placed on us.

the curse was lifted after McAlister apologized
mosig 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:29 pm

Take a look at Gold Coast if you want to make yourself feel better
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:43 pm

roar wrote:

I met this bloke called Dank in a pub, and he was telling me about this amazing stuff he's got....
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:26 pm

Sack Davoren and get the guy from the Dogs, as they aren't having many injuries.....Oh, wait a minute... Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: