Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

My confusion with Bucks

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
princem007 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:30 pm
Post subject: My confusion with BucksReply with quote

Last Saturday afternoon I was calling for Buckley to be sacked and then I watch AFL360 and think hang on, this bloke knows what he is on about.

Why is this happening , surely he can't be a great media person, articulate , composed , knowledgeable to a large audience of people , yet he is not able to get his message across to 44 players in their prime, it just doesn't make sense?

I don't get it ??

I don't know how and why it's failing.

Saying he can't coach is not apparent in everything you see .

It doesn't add up.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

He never talks about specifics only generalities.
Ask him why did Blair go to the back line on Saturday in the second quarter.
Blair to the backline WTF!

Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:38 pm

I know! It's a total mind bender. Total disconnect between what he says and what we do. I listen to Bux and I feel great about our future, then after game day i want to punch holes in the wall. Bizarre!

MONCO: Your life.
courtza 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:39 pm

More WTF is that Blair is actually one of our better contributors at the moment
Jez07 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:42 pm

Talking in the media doesn't translate to how you coach and interact with players.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:09 am

Chronic and never ending injuries to very key players, playing a bunch of kids with few games under their belts, and far too many of our remaining senior guys way out of form, like crisp,pendles, brown, frost, Langdon,cloke to name a few. It all adds up in the end, we just cannot get a settled side, for love or money. Bucks cops the blame, but really, we have not had one ounce of luck on any front. not one, Can he turn things around, time will tell, if we could just get a settled line up and a win, but its just so damn tough at the moment, and Bucks is at the coalface of it.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
daicos from the boundry 

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:14 am

The problem with Bux is his not a development coach and with a young list you need coaches that nurture and understand how every individual ticks. He was so driven as a player I think sometimes he forgets that some players need motivation. Buckleys even said that he can't understand or he expects his players to be self motivated as professional sportsman.
A big part of coaching is understanding the capabilities of your list and maybe he has over estimated their ability to carry out his game plan which to his own admissions is quite similar to the top sides. Not having the same 22 each week has not helped him with any continuity in his coaching.
Personally I think he can coach, I just don't think he can coach this list at where it is at at this moment.

melliot 

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:45 am

We are told what is right and what should happen. We are told of a better vision and for the most part buy into these ideals.

Then the election is won and the actual policy introduced is nothing like what we believed it would be. It's been spun.

See any correlation?
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:47 am

It is what you don't hear, particularly that he does not seem to ever contemplate he may be part of the problem. That famous not tagging Ablett day was the closest u get to admitting maybe he isn't perfect.

Too many times he has blamed the players for bad losses, critical errors.
Too many times he will take credit for honourable losses.

The players defend him in a generic out of the box manner.

Getting rid of him immediately allows Burnsy and the football club a free shot at the stumps. Burnsy will be under no pressure himself but has the opportunity to turn things around over a reasonable period of time.

All that needs to happen is Gubby has a heart to heart with Adams basically confirming Burnsy would likely be a refreshing change and that no other standout candidate exists.

Following that they probably only need two or three days to plan the communications strategy.
We don't need to again be put through the players of this great club trying to lose games of football against the worst of our enemies.

Last edited by CarringbushCigar on Tue May 10, 2016 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Jez07 

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:55 am

He seems to take little responsibility. He has no issues blaming the players but he rarely looks in the mirror.
courtza 

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 2:06 am

CarringbushCigar wrote:
It is what you don't hear, particularly that he does not seem to ever contemplate he may be part of the problem. That famous not tagging Ablett day was the closest u get to admitting maybe he isn't perfect.

Getting rid of him immediately allows Burnsy and the football club a free shot at the stumps. Burnsy will be under no pressure himself but has the opportunity to turn things around over a reasonable period of time.

All that needs to happen is Gubby has a heart to heart with Adams basically confirming Burnsy would likely be a refreshing change and that no other standout candidate exists.

Following that they probably only need two or three days to plan the communications strategy.
We don't need to again be put through the players of this great club trying to lose games of football against the worst of our enemies.

Are you serious?
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 2:20 am

courtza wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:

Are you serious?

110%
The article about Aish is just another player relationship catastrophe at the hands of Buckley.
What evidence do u need?
Will u believe if Pendles comes out and sets fire to an effigy of FIGJAM in front of the Bob Rose statue with the rest of the squad chanting Burn Burn Burn.
Is that what it is going to take to get rid of the most unsuccessful coach in the history of this football club?
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 2:23 am

I might say no.
E 

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 2:52 am
Post subject: Re: My confusion with BucksReply with quote

princem007 wrote:
Last Saturday afternoon I was calling for Buckley to be sacked and then I watch AFL360 and think hang on, this bloke knows what he is on about.

Why is this happening , surely he can't be a great media person, articulate , composed , knowledgeable to a large audience of people , yet he is not able to get his message across to 44 players in their prime, it just doesn't make sense?

I don't get it ??

I don't know how and why it's failing.

Saying he can't coach is not apparent in everything you see .

It doesn't add up.

Either the game plan is hopelessly flawed, or we dont have the cattle on the park to execute the game plan and i think that when the game plan fails, we look awful.

If I see one more end to end goal after a behind i think i'm going to smash my TV.

Also, on the other side of the ball, we dont seem to have many ideas on how to move the ball. I dont understand how it is that when one team has the ball, the park looks huge and there is space everywhere, and then when we have the ball, the ground looks congested and small.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 3:44 am

courtza wrote:
More WTF is that Blair is actually one of our better contributors at the moment

Two weeks in a row he has created goals out of very little at critical times. If our other forwards could do what he did, we'd be in a different place. I've never really got the Blair haters.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: