Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Is it bye bye for Witts and Cloke??

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's only the one and it's for all players.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:07 pm

surfer1 wrote:
Witts played 1 game this year and has been injured since. In the first game when did he get injurdd? He played as good as or better Grundy in the NAB hd finished lazt yer ahead of Grundy

Who knows how Cox aill go in the short medium term. Why is he even being mentioned at this point in time.

Witts split the webbing either late in the 2nd or early in the 3rd. Played out the game but may have just had a slight impact on his ability to get and use the ball.

Witts is still an excellent long term prospect for mine, the number of ruckmen who didn't come good til 25-6+ is a long list.

E 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:11 pm

Bucks2014 wrote:
E wrote:
Surely Cloke was just rested to freshen him up fr the Eagles game? you cant seriously all think that Cox is going to get a game in the long term ahead of Cloke against teams other than Essendon?

Unfortunately Clokey still thinks it's 2010 and runs along the boundary or worries about pushing and shoving his man. Where as Cox attacks the footy and gets into the right position, although you disagree.

So until Cloke can work out Mick has left, I want to see more of the yank.

say what you want about Cox, but the dude does NOT get in the right position.

he caught one of the ost beautiful passes in the history of the AFl from darcy Moore in the first and then struggles to get anywhere the dfall of the ball thereafter.

I love the bias of the Collingwood fan. If =travis cloke turned in the performance that Mason Cox did against essendon, the worst team in the league, he would be pi9llored from pier to post for his poor play. Mason cox does it though and he is an awesome star and the futre of the pies.

seriously, people need their head red!!!!!!

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:49 pm

E wrote:
Bucks2014 wrote:
E wrote:
Surely Cloke was just rested to freshen him up fr the Eagles game? you cant seriously all think that Cox is going to get a game in the long term ahead of Cloke against teams other than Essendon?

Unfortunately Clokey still thinks it's 2010 and runs along the boundary or worries about pushing and shoving his man. Where as Cox attacks the footy and gets into the right position, although you disagree.

So until Cloke can work out Mick has left, I want to see more of the yank.

he caught one of the ost beautiful passes in the history of the AFl from darcy Moore in the first and then struggles to get anywhere the dfall of the ball thereafter.

I love the bias of the Collingwood fan. If =travis cloke turned in the performance that Mason Cox did against essendon, the worst team in the league, he would be pi9llored from pier to post for his poor play. Mason cox does it though and he is an awesome star and the futre of the pies.

And that was against Gwilt, how will he go against MacKenzie or McGovern?

I like the kid, think he's got great potential, but just doesn't justify the euphoria.... YET. Time will tell if he ever does. More likely as a forward than as a ruck.
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:52 pm

E wrote:

Is that some kind of subtle threat E ?? Shocked

I do agree there has been more made of his contribution than probably is warranted. I think it's the romance on the whole USA, never kicked a ball, didn't know what afl was etc etc about it.

Still, he did do a couple of nice things, and though Darcy's kick was a ripper he was the presenting lead that was offered to Darcy to kick to. So he did lead into the right spot.

Would you play him again this week?

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:38 pm

Disagree.

Which Travis would have dropped as he would be to worried about getting his man out of the way and even if he did mark it he would've missed.

Unsure if myself or any other poster have said Mason is a star. All I know he's having a crack and once the ball goes to ground he is still trying to make something happen.

If Mason can keep improving he may just be a very good player. He's already a very good tap ruckman.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:50 pm

Cox offers less than Witts as far as the "tap ruckman" aspect goes and offers even less than Witts around the ground.

Yes, he may eventually be a good player, very good tap ruckman might be a bit of a stretch at this stage.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:05 pm

September Zeros wrote:
E wrote:

Is that some kind of subtle threat E ?? Shocked

I do agree there has been more made of his contribution than probably is warranted. I think it's the romance on the whole USA, never kicked a ball, didn't know what afl was etc etc about it.

Still, he did do a couple of nice things, and though Darcy's kick was a ripper he was the presenting lead that was offered to Darcy to kick to. So he did lead into the right spot.

Would you play him again this week?

Surely more of a call to arms for the rangas of the world.

G.I.N.G.A! definition? Calendonian royalty, repeat, royalty!

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:10 pm

[quote="jackcass"]Cox offers less than Witts as far as the "tap ruckman" aspect goes and offers even less than Witts around the ground.

Yes, he may eventually be a good player, very good tap ruckman might be a bit of a stretch at this stage.[/quote

Going on what I have seen this year he is clearly our best tap ruckman currently playing. I understand Witts injured his hand in the first round. So it's unfair to judge Witts so far this year.

But I disagree that cox offers less around the ground than Witts. He really lumbers. The old fashioned ruckman and don't get me wrong I like Witts and hope he can become a very good player. I don't want to lose Witts. He's still very young.

Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:12 pm

I seriously haven't a clue how to highlight quotes on the IPad. So apologies if I'm confusing people.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 8:11 am

How are people feeling about delisting Witts and Cloke now?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 9:27 am

Bucks2014 wrote:
I seriously haven't a clue how to highlight quotes

on the IPad. So apologies if I'm confusing people.

It's a pain in the arse!
You need to get the keyboard down (bottom rh corner button)
Press on the word you want the bold to start and select will come up, (don't select all) drag the edge of the blue to where you want the bold to stop, scroll up and push bold!

It's not easy, which is why my bolds don't always start where I want them too!
(It helps to push return at the word you want so it's on a different line (I didit above to show you!) ,and then after you bold it, just back space the return!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 9:28 am

Pies4shaw wrote:

Thirsty

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 12:35 pm

Oh dear some embarrassing posts here
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 12:37 pm

think positive wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Thirsty

stop eating pretzels.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6   

Jump to: