Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Is it bye bye for Witts and Cloke??

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
Witts has given us nothing in the last 4 games.

Very Happy Laughing Embarassed
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:14 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

You must be at your Witt's end RB.......... Twisted Evil Razz Cool

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:39 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:04 pm

John Wren wrote:
^ your most astute observation yet. Laughing

Why thank you Mr John West. Wink
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:02 am

If the right trade was there, then sure you'd trade them. (No one is untradeable).

Not saying we should move them if we can, but I don't think many clubs would have these guys as a priority.

I'd love to land one of the star FFs of the future in Tom Lynch or Jesse Hogan, but it's just not going to happen. And I really wouldn't be interested in just trading for picks.

E 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:21 am

Surely Cloke was just rested to freshen him up fr the Eagles game? you cant seriously all think that Cox is going to get a game in the long term ahead of Cloke against teams other than Essendon?
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:26 am

E wrote:
Surely Cloke was just rested to freshen him up fr the Eagles game? you cant seriously all think that Cox is going to get a game in the long term ahead of Cloke against teams other than Essendon?

Cloke is not playing.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:29 am

I think if Witts had NOT have split the webbing in his hand I doubt strongly Grundy would have got a game. Grundy was just OK on Monday but woeful in the St Kilda and Melbourne games. Witts will be our No1 ruckman for a long time.I could look through the posts and dredge out a barrow full of "Grundy must never play a senior game again" threads and now we want to get rid of our backup because we have a first game novice,who will more likely than not replace Cloke rathe than a ruckman. Witts is an infinitely better tap ruckman than Grundy and just needs time to develop as have most of the big names like Sandilands and Gawn have had.
Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:38 am

E wrote:

Unfortunately Clokey still thinks it's 2010 and runs along the boundary or worries about pushing and shoving his man. Where as Cox attacks the footy and gets into the right position, although you disagree.

So until Cloke can work out Mick has left, I want to see more of the yank.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:09 pm

Bucks2014 wrote:
E wrote:

Unfortunately Clokey still thinks it's 2010 and runs along the boundary or worries about pushing and shoving his man. Where as Cox attacks the footy and gets into the right position, although you disagree.

A perfect summation.
surfer1 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:02 pm

Witts played 1 game this year and has been injured since. In the first game when did he get injurdd? He played as good as or better Grundy in the NAB hd finished lazt yer ahead of Grundy

Who knows how Cox aill go in the short medium term. Why is he even being mentioned at this point in time.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:59 pm

Bucks2014 wrote:
E wrote:

Well that eases the pressure on the selectors then.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:50 pm

^^^ As it should. I'm very confident that, 4 weeks from now, we'll all have forgotten Cloke, replaced as he obviously has been in the space of one public-holiday afternoon by a pair of guys who between them get about as much of the ball as him.
Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:05 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
^^^ As it should. I'm very confident that, 4 weeks from now, we'll all have forgotten Cloke, replaced as he obviously has been in the space of one public-holiday afternoon by a pair of guys who between them get about as much of the ball as him.

That maybe the case, but at least Cox in particular gave more than one effort after the ball goes to ground. Cloke continually looking at or pleading with the umpires for a free kick after he has wrestled is getting pretty tiring.

Not good enough from a bloke who is suppose to be one of the best power forwards.

In re: to Moore, I can only think it's about development that he continues playing. Because if Jesse is his only replacement I'd have Moore every time.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:08 pm

Not "may [sic] be the case", is the case. There is no hyperbole involved. Look at their stats.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

Jump to: