Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Is it bye bye for Witts and Cloke??

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
derkd 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 12:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

John Wren wrote:
think positive wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
How are people feeling about delisting Witts and Cloke now?

Thirsty

stop eating pretzels.

make mine a double Very Happy

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 8:25 pm

IF they were to be moved on...

I can see three possible destinations for Witts:
*GWS & Sydney (Home state. Both in need of Ruck help).
*Fremantle (Would like to get Sandilands replaced, Witts certainly has the size).

He did block himself from being a part of the Treloar deal and publicly stated he wanted to forge his career at Collingwood. I cant see a huge need to trade him, but if we recruited a back up ruck, I don't see why we shouldn't entertain the possibility of moving Witts if it brings us a better player.

I can see three possible destinations for Cloke:
*Richmond (Father-Son connection).
*Fremantle (They'll be wanting to find a FF if they think their window is still open. However, its not. Could be a quick fit to replace Pavlich).
*Bulldogs (He fits their fast style of play. And fills a need for them. Their window is open, so they might go for it).

I think it is clear that Cloke wants out. He could have been moved on a few years back, with Fremantle and Carlton the most likely destinations. Maybe Carlton would still have a sniff, but they would be hard to strike a deal with. It could even be possible that both players get moved on together.[/b]

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 9:29 pm

Presti35 wrote:

*Fremantle (Would like to get Sandilands replaced, Witts certainly has the size).

He did block himself from being a part of the Treloar deal and publicly stated he wanted to forge his career at Collingwood. I cant see a huge need to trade him, but if we recruited a back up ruck, I don't see why we shouldn't entertain the possibility of moving Witts if it brings us a better player.

*Fremantle (They'll be wanting to find a FF if they think their window is still open. However, its not. Could be a quick fit to replace Pavlich).
*Bulldogs (He fits their fast style of play. And fills a need for them. Their window is open, so they might go for it).

I think it is clear that Cloke wants out. He could have been moved on a few years back, with Fremantle and Carlton the most likely destinations. Maybe Carlton would still have a sniff, but they would be hard to strike a deal with. It could even be possible that both players get moved on together.[/b
]

Not what he said when interviewed today.
Number 35 

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 2:54 am

Would gold coast consider cloke goldsack and toovey for lynch and 2nd round draft pick?
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 3:09 am

Not sure of Clokes trade value, I'm guessing 2nd round at best, Toovey and Goldsack have zero trade value, as for Witts, he's probably worth a first rounder but clubs just don't pay that for young rucks now days.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 4:36 am

Number 35 wrote:
Would gold coast consider cloke goldsack and toovey for lynch and 2nd round draft pick?

No they wouldn't. Thats 3 guys who are pushing 30 for the best young FF going round and an early pick. Besides I can't see them trading Lynch and if they did, it would take much, much, more than 3 players who'll be lucky to play 100 games combined.

If Toovey was a part of a deal, it would be back to Perth.

Try Witts/Cloke/Toovey to Fremantle for Neale (if he was happy to play in Vic) and a 3rd round pick. And sign Zac Clarke as a free agent (Filling the vacant ruck position). But this will leave a gapping hole at FF for us.

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 4:37 am

jackcass wrote:
Presti35 wrote:

I think it is clear that Cloke wants out. He could have been moved on a few years back, with Fremantle and Carlton the most likely destinations. Maybe Carlton would still have a sniff, but they would be hard to strike a deal with. It could even be possible that both players get moved on together.[/b
]

Not what he said when interviewed today.

Very true. Maybe I thought wrong.

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 4:20 am

All the guys under discussion have different attributes, and all can serve different needs.
Cox & Moore are forwards, and before long they will be functioning as the best pair since Taz & Pebbles who had backlines soiling their undergarments.

Trav is a half back. If Buckley just played him even for half a game, you'd get to see how perfectly suited he is. He's a great mark, a strong mark, can run all day, and his thumping left boot is perfectly suited to finding players inside 50 from the logos. Bizarrely he's amazingly accurate when passing 40-60 metres.
Imagine how many oppo attacks he would halt and turn into forward thrusts. I know many think CHB is an extinct beast. All the more reason it'd work.

Grunds is an excellent ruck, and still a kid. his game around the ground is improving quickly. He is perfect to swap forward with Cox.

Witts is different, he's a talented tap ruck, maybe our best since Thommo, he's still a kid and worth a lot. The SS game in the NAB was his best yet.
He's also a dedicated Collingwood man. Unfortunately he's probably also the best one to trade. He would be worth a lot to several teams as a ruck/forward, and I have no doubt he will develop into a star of the game. I just don't quite know how to keep him. We have rucks who suit us better. A quandary, but any idea that he isn't good enough is horse hockey!!!

Still, the only move worth making for us is N. Buckley to centre half front door and don't let it hit you in the arse on the way out!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6   

Jump to: